maitr d' ken byrne attacked!

H82seaUgo

posted on the brand ambassadors facebook page:

Ken Byrne was bashed last night in the Southern Dining Room on Carnival Magic by a disgruntled waiter. Waiter was restrained and deported today.....Ken was bloodied and we are awaiting word on his condition. He was attacked with an 'iron bar'......before 1st sitting dinner.....and it was seen by several passengers.

The message posted above was sent to me by a passenger as well. I don't know if there will be any follow up as I'm sure legal matters are involved but I asked friends working on the ship if any additional information might be available. If it is I'll add it here...

The message posted above was sent to me by a passenger as well. I don't know if there will be any follow up as I'm sure legal matters are involved but I asked friends working on the ship if any additional information might be available. If it is I'll add it here...

Mach, if you get anything on Ken's status will you post here as well?

We have sailed with Ken several times - he is a great guy. Prayers out to him....

Hi Pe4all! Been awhile!

This is awful to hear. Ken is a very kind person and we always enjoyed when he was our M'D . Sending good wishes his way and hoping he will quickly recover well physically. Emotionally too.

Sailed with Ken last August and loved his take on being a maitre 'd on a Carnival Ship.

Sure hope that all is well with Ken after this is sorted out.

We just booked the Breeze for next summer hoping to meet up with Ken again at dinnertime...a great guy.

how horrible. A iron bar? Wow that guy was angry and sound like a planned attach. I do hope Ken is Ok. When I read the title of the post I thought why would a customer do that. I think it being a crew member makes it even more sad

Hi Pe4all! Been awhile!

This is awful to hear. Ken is a very kind person and we always enjoyed when he was our M'D . Sending good wishes his way and hoping he will quickly recover well physically. Emotionally too.

Right back at you! Hope all has been well!

It seems the iron bar is morphing into a soup ladle.

Still made of metal - still can hurt if surprise attacked. Still wrong, no matter what he was hit with.

Right back at you! Hope all has been well!

Still made of metal - still can hurt if surprise attacked. Still wrong, no matter what he was hit with.

Never said it didn't, especially if it is one of those big commercial kitchen ones.

And yes, still wrong.

Archived