Turtle Beach or South Friars Beach

Jessiebaby18_

Hello,

Just looking for a Beach Day. Food / Drinks, possibly snorkeling, laying on the beach. Which would you recomend?

Thanks

Try roystontours.com or E-mail him at roystontours@hotmail.com

He has a snorkel and beach tour And if you want to visit some other site just let him know and off you'll go

Will be on his snorkel and beach tour this Jan

Paul

For a beach day we like going to Shipwreck Bar on South Friars. Our previous experience at Cockleshell was underwhelming...but this beach also has its fans. On South Friars you can use the rest rooms at Shipwreck and its also a decent bar with real food. There are chairs for rent and the snorkeling is OK (nothing spectacular but OK). Getting to this beach is very easy as they organize van/taxis at the port and you will simply be put in one of the taxis once you tell them where you want to go. You can arrange for a pick-up time although it is relatively easy to get a return taxi right in the parking lot at Shipwreck.

Hank

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks everyone for the help!!!! I think I will go to South Friars unless I come up with a more eciting excursion for the day! CANNOT WAIT!

Hi, I was there last week, the beach is not brilliant, a mixture of golden and black volcanic sand. In my opinion, Cockleshell beach was (marginally) nicer, but what made this a great day were the wild monkeys and mongoose's that come down to feed near the carpark / Shipwreck bar. I had read about the monkeys prior to our visit and I was hopeful to see some. As it turned out, there were about a dozen or so monkeys feeding, including some babies which were wonderful to watch play fighting with each other. If you want to see monkeys, go to South Friars, if not, go to Cockleshell.

PS. the taxi fare from Port Zante was $US4pp for a minimum of 4 people and the sunbeds were $US5 each.

Terry

Hi, I was there last week, the beach is not brilliant, a mixture of golden and black volcanic sand. In my opinion, Cockleshell beach was (marginally) nicer, but what made this a great day were the wild monkeys and mongoose's that come down to feed near the carpark / Shipwreck bar. I had read about the monkeys prior to our visit and I was hopeful to see some. As it turned out, there were about a dozen or so monkeys feeding, including some babies which were wonderful to watch play fighting with each other. If you want to see monkeys, go to South Friars, if not, go to Cockleshell.

PS. the taxi fare from Port Zante was $US4pp for a minimum of 4 people and the sunbeds were $US5 each.

Terry

Was the taxi $4pp each way or round trip? Did you ask your taxi driver to come back for you or just get another taxi when you were ready to return to the ship?

Thanks.

Was the taxi $4pp each way or round trip? Did you ask your taxi driver to come back for you or just get another taxi when you were ready to return to the ship?

Thanks.

Hi, the $4 cab fare was each way. We didn't book a return trip, we just shared a cab with another group of people when we were ready to return to the port.

We just got off the Celebrity Silhouette today and at our stop at St.Kitts, we asked out cab driver to take us to South Friars Beach. On our way, he pulled into the newly opened Carambola Beach Club. It had just opened the previous week. I am sure our cab driver got a kick back for taking people there instead of South Friars and the Ship Wreck Bar. BUT WHAT A FIND!! Beautiful beach, great beach lounges-Smith and Hawkins lounge chair with thick padding, great snorkeling up the beach to Friars, and great libation! 2 lounges and an umbrella was $25.00. We bargained and got 6 lounges and 2 umbrellas for $50.00. If you wanted lunch, they would put $10.00 from the price of the lounge toward a lunch discount. I am sure you will be hearing more about this from fellow Silhouette passengers who were lucky enough to find this gem!

Were there plenty of taxis available or had the people you shared with pre-booked the taxi?

They had approached the driver at the beach. The foursome were from our ship and we had chatted with them previously, so I just asked to join them back to the ship. From my experience, there are always drivers touting for customers.

We just got off the Celebrity Silhouette today and at our stop at St.Kitts, we asked out cab driver to take us to South Friars Beach. On our way, he pulled into the newly opened Carambola Beach Club. It had just opened the previous week. I am sure our cab driver got a kick back for taking people there instead of South Friars and the Ship Wreck Bar. BUT WHAT A FIND!! Beautiful beach, great beach lounges-Smith and Hawkins lounge chair with thick padding, great snorkeling up the beach to Friars, and great libation!

Sounds like a great place.

Is the Carambola Beach Club a bar or is it a hotel? Was it on South Friars Beach or some other beach? Did they rent snorkel gear?

Sounds like a great place.

Is the Carambola Beach Club a bar or is it a hotel? Was it on South Friars Beach or some other beach? Did they rent snorkel gear?

A beach club only. No hotel. It is on the way to south friars. Our cabbie just took us there. It is brand new, 2 or 3 weeks old.

We loved the beach and Carambola Club.... even if you don't eat at the bar, the facilities are brand new and you would pay for the use of the shower and beach at any other location for quality like that. We loved the atmosphera there, would go there in a second.

Man, how far was the Shipwreck Bar? I should have read about it a bit more, I would have loved to see the monkeys.... :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We loved the beach and Carambola Club.... even if you don't eat at the bar, the facilities are brand new and you would pay for the use of the shower and beach at any other location for quality like that. We loved the atmosphera there, would go there in a second.

Man, how far was the Shipwreck Bar? I should have read about it a bit more, I would have loved to see the monkeys.... :(

Was it possible to rent jet skis there?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Both are on South Friars Beach. They are about 1/2 mile apart. In terms of being closest to the pier, Carambola would be closer, but a difference in taxi fare there would be no or little diference.

We are looking forward to spending the day at Carambola Beach Club and would like to know if it is an easy walk to Shipwreck. Also, is Carambola a quiet place to spend the day? Has anyone ate lunch at Carambola and if so, what was the price range for entrees?

It is an easy (10-15 min) walk to Shipwreck. Walk on the road behind(above) the beach. I would suspect that Carambola is going to be quieter than the other beach bar/restaurants on South Friars Beach as well as more expensive.

Archived