Stock Credit Denial

bjlaac

...You just cant combine a Booking Credit and a Stockholder Credit, but you can still receive C&A loyalty discount as they are a separate program.

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying, but as others have noted, the shareholder OBC cannot be combined with either the booking credit or the C&A balcony discount.

Thanks for all your great input. I've gotten to the bottom of my issue as te OP, and while I'm not happy, I'm glad to pass it along in hope it helps others. When I booked my cruise in February, my travel agent claims a $200 repeaters credit was applied. While the total price was cheaper than the RCCL web site price at the time, I had no idea the travel agent was applying a repeat customer credit.

The moral of the story is that you should check your booking completely. The stock credit is almost completely useless these days unless you pay full fare. Disappointed yes, but I wll be leaving on a wonderful cruise in a few weeks.

Thanks again everyone

Thanks for all your great input. I've gotten to the bottom of my issue as te OP, and while I'm not happy, I'm glad to pass it along in hope it helps others. When I booked my cruise in February, my travel agent claims a $200 repeaters credit was applied. While the total price was cheaper than the RCCL web site price at the time, I had no idea the travel agent was applying a repeat customer credit.

The moral of the story is that you should check your booking completely. The stock credit is almost completely useless these days unless you pay full fare. Disappointed yes, but I wll be leaving on a wonderful cruise in a few weeks.

Thanks again everyone

What is a repeaters credit? Have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks again everyone

Never heard of a repeaters credit, is this supposed to be from RCI or the TA, did the TA tell you this or RCI direct?

I agree I've never gotten a "repeaters" cruise discount...I think I would keep digging if I were you...as someone else said...an email to stockholder services asking WHAT discount/credit is being applied to your booking...

My guess is what the TA is calling "repeaters discount" is actually the Plat Balc discount for sailings 10-14 nts.

Yep.

RCI doesn't offer a "repeaters" credit nor do they offer "past guest" rates. They offer specific discounts for balconies and suites for Crown and Anchor members (excluding Gold).

Having worked directly with one of four people who deal with stock holder credits for Royal I can assure you they know the rules. The general agents do not apply or deny stockholder credits. They are handled by fairly high ranking folks in the Sales Admin offices (the department that gives us our BDMs etc)

I am not doubting your information. However, my data point is different - having received two different responses (first denial and then approval) from two different people in the span of two days.

I have also received the credit on charter booking in the recent past (although now I know it should not have happened). So at least my data points seem to indicate that not everyone knows the rules.

OP stated previously that s/he is not platinum C&A so probably not a balcony discount.

I was told that I am getting a past cruiser discount on an upcoming cruise with Celebrity so maybe RC does offer them occasionally since they are the same mother company. :confused: The discount shows on my booking confirmation as "JAPQ Savings." My TA said that because of the discount I couldn't get my shareholder OBC. Since shareholder OBC is only $200 on a 12-nt cruise and the "JAPQ Savings" was $500, it seemed a good trade-off to me.

My guess is what the TA is calling "repeaters discount" is actually the Plat Balc discount for sailings 10-14 nts.

The OP already stated that he is not Platinum. If he also is not at a level above platinum then he does not have any balcony discount.

OP, what exactly, is your C&A level? And there is no such thing as a repeater's discount. If that info came from your TA then something just is not right here.

Yep.

RCI doesn't offer a "repeaters" credit nor do they offer "past guest" rates. They offer specific discounts for balconies and suites for Crown and Anchor members (excluding Gold).

The OP already stated that he is not Platinum. If he also is not at a level above platinum then he does not have any balcony discount.

OP, what exactly, is your C&A level? And there is no such thing as a repeater's discount. If that info came from your TA then something just is not right here.

I have seen some websites offer rates that qualify under what they call "past cruiser's discounts" for RCI cruises.

Who called it a repeater's discount, RCI or the T/A?

ok folks here's te information

This is my 3rd cruise with RCCL.

The travel agent stated and I quote in the email she sent "you have a past guest discount included in your booking which is why they are not combinable......."

I am in a D1 stateroom

RCCL has so far refused to answer my email requesting an explanation of the denial. That is why I originally posted looking for a phone number

The OP

ok folks here's te information

This is my 3rd cruise with RCCL.

The travel agent stated and I quote in the email she sent "you have a past guest discount included in your booking which is why they are not combinable......."

I am in a D1 stateroom

RCCL has so far refused to answer my email requesting an explanation of the denial. That is why I originally posted looking for a phone number

The OP

I am going to guess you have a Savings Certificate applied. RCCL will not answer very indepth since you are booked with a travel agent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjlaac viewpost.gif

The stock credit is almost completely useless these days.

I have to agree with this...why have the stock when the reason you bought it no longer exist. I get an excellent obc from my travel agent so I certainly wouldn't trade it in for a RCCL credit unless it was double.

Definitely time to sell and the loss will be wonderful on my taxes:rolleyes:

RCCL will not let you combine any credits including those from your travel agent. I have already had this experience. Take whichever one is worth more. If you ask me, you should be able to receive the stockholder even if you receive one from TA. It is suppose to be a perk for being a stockholder but it is a bunch of crap. Look for a phone number on the investor page of RCCL website.

Not necessarily true. When booking on board you receive "two benefits from RCI..........an OBC which is dependent on length of cruise and then either a balcony discount or the ability to use a C&A Savings Certificate if one becomes available for your cruise. You can also combine with these "two benefits OBC from cashing in Visa Points, OBC from a TA or OBC that has been gifted to you by family and friends.

When booking from home you must chose "one" benefit from RCI...... which includes balcony discount, if you are eligible, C&A Savings Certificate, if one becomes available or OBC from Shareholder Benefits. You can then combine "one" of these benefits with OBC from cashing in Visa Points, OBC from a TA or OBC that has been gifted to you by family and friends.

• 3 weeks later...
Not necessarily true. When booking on board you receive "two benefits from RCI..........an OBC which is dependent on length of cruise and then either a balcony discount or the ability to use a C&A Savings Certificate if one becomes available for your cruise. You can also combine with these "two benefits OBC from cashing in Visa Points, OBC from a TA or OBC that has been gifted to you by family and friends.

When booking from home you must chose "one" benefit from RCI...... which includes balcony discount, if you are eligible, C&A Savings Certificate, if one becomes available or OBC from Shareholder Benefits. You can then combine "one" of these benefits with OBC from cashing in Visa Points, OBC from a TA or OBC that has been gifted to you by family and friends.

Patti , darlin' I don't know why I surf for answers , I should just email you direct it would say me from buring up my eye balls.

• 1 month later...

So you are saying that if my TA issues me OBC, I cannot apply an OBC from my Visa points? hmmmm. I wonder if that applies to the stateroom? Or the passenger?

Any thoughts?

Annette~

So you are saying that if my TA issues me OBC, I cannot apply an OBC from my Visa points? hmmmm. I wonder if that applies to the stateroom? Or the passenger?

Any thoughts?

Annette~

You can ALWAYS apply OBC from your Visa points. Completeley separate from the loyalty program restrictions.

Any thoughts?

Annette~

sure you can. They are from 2 different sources. You can even get a balcony discount too.

Originally Posted by cruisenfever

Not necessarily true. When booking on board you receive "two benefits from RCI..........an OBC which is dependent on length of cruise and then either a balcony discount or the ability to use a C&A Savings Certificate if one becomes available for your cruise. You can also combine with these "two benefits" OBC from cashing in Visa Points, OBC from a TA or OBC that has been gifted to you by family and friends.

Any thoughts?

Annette~

I said that whichever way you book your cruise, whether on board or at home, you can still combine an "OBC from cashing in Visa Points, OBC from a TA or OBC that has been gifted to you by family and friends" with anything you receive from RCI.

We always were able to get our stockholder credit but the past few years (both on Celebrity and our upcoming RC cruise) no longer combinable with other discounts, etc. It does make us wonder why bother even having the stock any more. It seems to us that if we are stockholders we still should be able to receive an some type of additional credit and not just the same as those who are not shareholders (but also get the same other discounts, etc). Will probably sell once it gets to a decent price and use for another cruise.

Archived