Epic Uncovered and Extended Balcony Listing

sdmike

I am booked for 8133. Anyone know what I might expect? Deck 8 is listed early in this thread but my cabin does not appear to fall within the parameters discussed.

Fully covered by deck 9, roughly somewhere above the 2nd lifeboat of the 2nd row of lifeboats.

We sailed last Dec and had cabin 9218. Din't realize that this had no balcony cover. This Dec 9th we still took the 9th desk but cabin 9226. Extended balcony with cover. Hope this will be better when sitting outside. :cool:.

We're sailing in November in cabin 8127. Can I get some info on this one too please? Thanks!

Almost the same location' date=' also fully covered.

See;

[img']https://image.prntscr.com/image/ydu1I3W2Rr2SH35C1oJH-g.png[/img]

It may even be those two balconies with the single persons standing on :)

edit: deck 9 has the outwards overlay on deck 8 of course, had to "move" it back to show the cabin numbers

We are working on a booking a cruise on the NCL Epic, and are leaning toward the Aft facing balcony cabins...namely on Deck 13. Anyone recently cruise in one of these cabins? They are category B1. Thanks!

We sailed on the Epic last Dec. in an aft facing balcony cabin on deck 11.

We chose the end one next to the "secret" stairway, no noise from the stairway.

We always sail in aft facing except when we are in a forward facing suite, aft facing is our favorite, we have the Epic booked again in Dec. and chose a midship large balcony cabin as we thought the aft on the Epic had a bit more vibration than other ships we have been on and everything seemed so far away from the cabin.

The Epic was our least favorite ship but we love sailing out of PC, I hope we don't miss the wake too much, I really don't like being on the side but will try to love it, I am sure no cooking, dish washing, etc. will make up for not being on the aft;p

While we have sailed many times on Princess, we are trying something new by sailing on our first NCL cruise. I hope I made the right cabin choice. Any pics of 10096 on the Epic?

Edited by seacrystal

While we have sailed many times on Princess, we are trying something new by sailing on our first NCL cruise. I hope I made the right cabin choice. Any pics of 10096 on the Epic?

Mini suite (no suite perks), a deluxe balcony would be a more rightful category name, on the hump. Cabins above and below, bed by the balcony setup.

Z6c-4Nl6Qm2taIcGQMxB0w.png

Mini suite (no suite perks), a deluxe balcony would be a more rightful category name, on the hump. Cabins above and below, bed by the balcony setup.

Z6c-4Nl6Qm2taIcGQMxB0w.png

Hi FreestyleNovice!

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me. Now I have something to think about EVERY day until March.;p How can you tell the bed is by the balcony? The NCL pic shows it next to the sink which is such a dreadful design. What were those Norwegians thinking!!

Hi FreestyleNovice!

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me. Now I have something to think about EVERY day until March.;p How can you tell the bed is by the balcony? The NCL pic shows it next to the sink which is such a dreadful design. What were those Norwegians thinking!!

My pleasure. Actually it were the French.. ;) She was built in France, the wave design stateroom design has a "dent" in the wall/floor plan where the bed is.

wave454.jpg

Your mini suite will be slightly larger but very similar to this.

I think been to the NCL site. I have seen the model... That was not what I asked. I asked if it was tub or shower.. I asked about location and noise.... If you can't answer that then please don't reply.

Looks to be a mini-suite right by the elevator. We like that location, some don't though. A mini-suite is a glorified balcony cabin. It is NOT a suite and does NOT get the suite perks.

I am familiar with minis because we like a tub. I was assuming that from the spec of the elevators, they would each open to the inside of the ship. Hence, we would be behind the back of the elevators.

• 1 month later...

Dear Mike , or anyone....We are scheduled for cabin 9287. On the Norwegian epic

Any critiques?

My husband and I are needing this break from a very stressful time and would like a nice cabin and private ,covered balcony.

It's t the end of the ship which hopefully provide us some quiet.

Thank you in advance for your time

Dear Mike , or anyone....We are scheduled for cabin 9287. On the Norwegian epic

Any critiques?

My husband and I are needing this break from a very stressful time and would like a nice cabin and private ,covered balcony.

It's t the end of the ship which hopefully provide us some quiet.

Thank you in advance for your time

Your cabin is not covered, it's partially covered by the diagonal balcony on deck 10.

You do have a direct down sea view which is rare on Epic as most balconies look onto the outward life boats or are inwards and look down on the lower open balconies as yours.

2pOGSG7CTQSilI88UDiUMg.png

Your location is right next to the quiet "secret stairs", a less known stair case with sea views. There are several threads/posts about them if you do a search here.

edit:

Here's a good pic of how Epic's balconies vary a lot: http://www.shipfriends.gr/forum/galleryuploads/monthly_2016_12/large.584d4bc012c31_NorwegianEpic_17-07-16_Barcelona_2_resize.JPG.ae70db4db0141046bd88788f5f3a78db.JPG

Anyone knows how the balcony look at 14141? I try to look at the photos if it is direct under the water park and if it is going to be noisy and it we should change to another one. Its a spa balcony.

14141 is an angled spa mini suite;

ljSTMRRJQUOUwQGP99EoPQ.png

The green slide end somewhere above/near your stateroom, here's a picture of that area on deck 15;

4816388558_de26b10336.jpg

Hi, we are a family of 4 staying in cabin 14088 next August. We have a bunch of cabins in a row. Am I correct in reading this balcony is a bit larger because of the bump out? I selected this one because we wanted deck 14 and I thought it might be when I looked at the deck plans. We dont' mind the cover from deck 15 but it would be great to have the extra space.

If you happen to have a pic would you share?

Thanks so much!