Rhapsody Of The Seas dry dock

bowie123

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We took her to Alaska in June '11 and she was still in good shape. Her common areas were really nice. What they do need to do is upgrade their entertainment, especially considering how long they are at sea during the AK itinerary!

We wrote about our experience and all the ports on our blog if you want to check it out, the link is below :)

Have fun! It is BEAUTIFUL there! Once in a lifetime experience :)

We took her to Alaska in June '11 and she was still in good shape. Her common areas were really nice. What they do need to do is upgrade their entertainment, especially considering how long they are at sea during the AK itinerary!

We wrote about our experience and all the ports on our blog if you want to check it out, the link is below :)

Have fun! It is BEAUTIFUL there! Once in a lifetime experience :)

Should be something like they just did to the Splendour, it was out for 4 weeks in late Nov.

• 4 weeks later...

When pulling up the deck plans on the website, there is a link that shows "deck plans as of march 29, 2012" or something like that. However, they are the exact same deck plans as of today and show no changes! Duh! You'd think they could show us the new deck plans. I am especially concerned, because we are booked on the May 11 (first Alaska) cruise with an aft corner JS. Many of the cabin numbers are changing with the refurbishment, and if they keep our cabin number, but change locations, I'll be quite unhappy.....

When pulling up the deck plans on the website, there is a link that shows "deck plans as of march 29, 2012" or something like that. However, they are the exact same deck plans as of today and show no changes! Duh! You'd think they could show us the new deck plans. I am especially concerned, because we are booked on the May 11 (first Alaska) cruise with an aft corner JS. Many of the cabin numbers are changing with the refurbishment, and if they keep our cabin number, but change locations, I'll be quite unhappy.....

I didn't know they were changing cabin numbers on Rhapsody. My understanding was that no cabins were being added like they did on Splendour. Did you hear otherwise?

I didn't know they were changing cabin numbers on Rhapsody. My understanding was that no cabins were being added like they did on Splendour. Did you hear otherwise?

They are not adding "balcony" cabins like Splendour. However, a few new cabins are being added. There is a new category called Family Junior Suite (FJ). It is cabin 8000. I have it booked for a Hawaii cruise in 2013. However, today cabin 8000 is an Owner's Suite. If you look at the deck plans for Splendour, it does show the FJ cabin 8000, too. Also, when trying to create a "fake booking" for Rhapsody immediately after the refurbishment, such as the Hawaii cruise on April 30, 2012, it offers JS cabin numbers that are NOT even on the current deckplans, so something must be changing. It even shows my current cabin (8088) as a connecting cabin, which as of today, obviously it is not. So, that's why I suspect the renumbering of cabins......

They are not adding "balcony" cabins like Splendour. However, a few new cabins are being added. There is a new category called Family Junior Suite (FJ). It is cabin 8000. I have it booked for a Hawaii cruise in 2013. However, today cabin 8000 is an Owner's Suite. If you look at the deck plans for Splendour, it does show the FJ cabin 8000, too. Also, when trying to create a "fake booking" for Rhapsody immediately after the refurbishment, such as the Hawaii cruise on April 30, 2012, it offers JS cabin numbers that are NOT even on the current deckplans, so something must be changing. It even shows my current cabin (8088) as a connecting cabin, which as of today, obviously it is not. So, that's why I suspect the renumbering of cabins......

Thanks for the update. We're booked in a Rhapsody JS for a cruise thus summer, so I guess I better keep my eyes open to see if our stateroom moves, gets connected or otherwise gets re-designated.

Bob

That's odd! On a recent cruise I booked a "next cruise" on the Rhapsody for September 2012, and was told that the refurb of the Rhapsody was definitely not until the end of 2012. Did they bring the date forward??

Rhapsody will be refurbished during the entire month of March, 2012..beginning in less than 2 weeks from now! There are no cruises on Rhapsody until the end of March, when it will debut with the "enhancements" and refurbishments.

Somebody posted a few weeks back that her cabin number on Splendour had changed and it was because of the new cabins that were added. I hope that RCI will do the same thing with Rhapsody, otherwise they will have some very unhappy customers (including me). I did call C&-0A last week, and they don't have any new deck plan, either. The rep said that they were going to wait until the dry dock actually starts to make sure they can do whatever it is that they are planning. But I keep checking, anyway.

Definitely some renumbering being done. We had owner's suite 8000 booked for April 2013 and I called the other day with a question and the CS person told me that my booking showed 8001 but there wasn't an 8001 showing in the deck plan. She put me on hold and came back a couple minutes later to say 8000 was not going to be an owner's suite after refurb so that was why our suite had changed to 8001. We actually had decided to switch to 8500, so that was the main reason I called.

We're currently on Rhapsody of the Seas, cruising from Sydney to Singapore where she will go into drydock.:D

Staff on board have mentioned the following changes to take place during dry dock.

Loyalty Lounge & Internet Computers to move to Deck 4. The space they currently occupy on Deck 8 to become cabins.

The sculpture in the Centrum is going & they will have acrobatic entertainment there instead.:eek:

Conference rooms & Moonlight Bay Lounge to bacome Specialty Resturants incl Chops.

Conference rooms to move to Shall We Dance Lounge. Aft section of Shall we Dance to become Diamond Lounge.

They are currently wiring for WIFI in the cabins.

Hope this helps.

We're ashore at Airlie Beach today & have gone to an Internet Cafe so DW can check her emails & FaceBook Messages. It's her 40th brithday today.:)

Thanks everyone for the information on this thread, I've been curious about the drydock, but, haven't seen too much information. Where is the drydock taking place?

Singapore.

Thanks. :)

We're currently on Rhapsody of the Seas, cruising from Sydney to Singapore where she will go into drydock.:D

Staff on board have mentioned the following changes to take place during dry dock.

Loyalty Lounge & Internet Computers to move to Deck 4. The space they currently occupy on Deck 8 to become cabins.

The sculpture in the Centrum is going & they will have acrobatic entertainment there instead.:eek:

Conference rooms & Moonlight Bay Lounge to bacome Specialty Resturants incl Chops.

Conference rooms to move to Shall We Dance Lounge. Aft section of Shall we Dance to become Diamond Lounge.

Hope this helps.

We're ashore at Airlie Beach today & have gone to an Internet Cafe so DW can check her emails & FaceBook Messages. It's her 40th brithday today.:)

Enjoy the rest of your cruise !! I was on the last sailing of the Splendour before drydock and would love to be able to go back and see the changes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks very much for the information. As you can see, we are all very interested in what will be done to Rhapsody.

Bob

Happy to see the updates coming, but hope that I will still have a corner aft junior suite on deck 8, when all is said and done. I camped on RCI's website last year waiting for the Alaskan schedules to come out, so that we would snag a corner aft.

One would hope that if no existing cabins are being removed or re-designated, they will just keep folks in the same cabin and change the numbers on our bookings as necessary.

quote]

That is very sad news for us to hear. The Shall We Dance Lounge is such a beautiful spot. I can't imagine not having it

I hope this was bad information.

Also, I thought I had heard that the upper level of the Viking Crown which had been being used for the Diamond cocktail hours would become the dedicated Diamond Lounge.

Archived