Woodwind or Klein off shore?

J breeze

We are in port from 12 pm to 7 pm. As the 12:15 excursion w/Woodwinds was booked, we opted for the 3:15 excursion, returning at 6:15. Is that cutting it too close to board the ship before it leaves for its next destination or is it a safe bet that we'll get back to the ship in time?

Thanks so much!

I don't recall the exact time of our return from the excursion back in 2011. You will have a 10-15 minute walk back to the ship as the Woodwinds docks a short distance from the pier. I'd call Woodwinds and talk the schedule over with them - you'll want to make sure they are aware of your timing in any event. They are pretty straight forward and if possible they might adjust their timing slightly to accommodate cruise passengers. I suspect they've already done so as when we were there the two excursions were early morning and late morning which matched our ship's time at port that day so I'm guessing the 12:15 and 3:15 times might be set specifically to match your cruise ship schedule.

• 1 month later...

We just got back from our cruise which stopped in Bonaire. Woodwind is outstanding! Out of all the snorkeling excursions we've been on they are the best. We were taken by catamaran to Klein Bonaire where we were divided into three groups depending on our experience. A fellow (mature) cruiser who had never snorkeled before was put with a group of beginners and now loves snorkeling. For those who needed corrective lenses they provided prescription masks. It was nice seeing a healthy reef for a change and the snorkeling was the best we have experienced. I can't begin to say enough about Dee and the crew on the boat. They made sure we had plenty to drink and passed around platters of snack food. One of the guides took underwater photos during our trip which she sold to those who were interested. We purchased a CD and were very glad we did. Along with the sights we had seen that day, she also photoed each one of us.

• 2 months later...

I can only echo all the above positive comments about Dee and Ulf's Woodwind. This was my second experience with them, just as positive as the first one! We were the first snorkel of the day, with another booked behind ours, and even knowing that, we never felt rushed. We all stayed in the water as long as we cared to stay in. Those needing equipment were provided with high quality equipment, and they try hard to make your experience perfect!

My cousin's wife had only snorkeled one other time, and Dee took perfect care of her, without her feeling like she was hovering. She had the best time!

One other thing about this type of tour. The Woodwind staff really cares about the island and the reef, and they monitored us carefully, to be sure we weren't damaging their reef, or it's animals. I came away respecting their professional attitudes, and the fact that they attempted to educate us on the reef/fish/turtles we saw. I could do this tour with them every day, and never tire of it! It's a very good price as well, you won't regret booking with them, if you can get a spot. I typically don't buy tour DVD's, but her (Sussanna's) underwater pictures of us made the disk so much fun with great memories!

• 4 weeks later...

We just came back from a 14 day southern Caribbean cruise and the highlight was our snorkeling trip with Woodwind, while in Bonaire. We have snorkeled a number of times in the Caribbean, on the west coast of Mexico and a few times in Hawaii and the trip in Bonaire was the best ever. Woodwind takes only 24 people and we were broken down into 3 groups of 8, with each group having a guide. We snorkeled for about 2 hours and it was fantastic - easily the best we have ever experienced. The cost was $50.00 each US and you could pay with cash or credit card after the cruise. I would highly recommend this tour - we would go back just to do this excursion again. Their sailboat is a little older, but the trip is wonderful.:)

Fredzy

We also did tis tour a few weeks ago. It was truly the highlight of our cruise. De who runs these tours was very patient and accommodating. This was my first time and I can't wait to go back. It's a must do for anyone who will be in Bonaire.

• 4 weeks later...

Woodwind is a FANTASTIC tour operator. Did their 10:15 - 1:15 excursion last week when in Bonaire on Emerald Prrincess. Even with all aboard at 1:30 we were back in plenty of time. Never felt rushed or anxious. Ulf and Dee assure you that they have back up plans and back ups to back ups to ensure nobody will miss their departure. Plus, Klein Bonaire reef is only a short distance from where the cruise ship ties up so always within visual range.

The snorkelling was the best we've ever done - amazing reef, lots of fish, a number of sea turtles, etc. Very knowledgeable guides for small groups of 6-8. First rate equipment. Professional underwater photographer is a great asset. Complimentary beverages (alcoholic and non) and some nice appy's as well.

I would rate this excursion as one of the best dollar-for-dollar values of any excursion we have ever done.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Woodwind last week. I must agree with the other posters; this is an excellent snorkeling experience. The difference between Woodwind and the other catamaran excursions we took during our cruise was the instruction and guided groups.

Dee really gave us some great snorkeling tips. The three leveled groups worked so well-- you stay with the group. Your guide points out things to look at that I know I would have missed. If you tire, you can go back to the boat. Their emphasis on safety was always evident. Our morning trip was supposed to be 4 hours, but due to windy conditions and rough seas, they cut out one of the snorkel stops and made it 3 hours, adjusting the rate.

If you are a "just going along for the boat ride" type, it would be okay, but the boat itself is not the attraction--- what is under the water IS.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't see on their website what times they sail. Our ship will be in dock at 7 am and leave at 2 pm. Anyone know the earliest time they go out? Thanks.

Hi, We're booked on the Woodwind for next Feb. Our ship is in port for the same time 7-2.

Woodwind is having us meet at the pier at 7:45 for an 8:00-12:00 excursion. It would appear that they do not have hard-and-fast tour times, but work with cruise ship schedules. We booked on-line and got an immediate response. However, others from our ship had already set-up and established the early start time. You could do the same, just inquire re email.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
Hi, We're booked on the Woodwind for next Feb. Our ship is in port for the same time 7-2.

Woodwind is having us meet at the pier at 7:45 for an 8:00-12:00 excursion. It would appear that they do not have hard-and-fast tour times, but work with cruise ship schedules. We booked on-line and got an immediate response. However, others from our ship had already set-up and established the early start time. You could do the same, just inquire re email.

Enjoy!

We you on Legend of the Seas or Grandeur for this trip? I only ask since we will be on Legend this upcoming Dec (2013). I did email Wood winds to ask if/when they sail...

Do you know if they just round out a tour? it is just my DH & I so would like to add to a group going out. Also DH doesn't snorkel- do they mid just having someone hang out on board watching the snorkelers?

Thanks!

GAbrielle

We are booked on the Legend for Feb. 2014.

You can book just as a couple and they will put you on with others. Our group contacted them mainly to arrange for the early time, but we are not necessarily "filling" the boat and anyone else can be added.

I have not done this tour previously, but from my research I understand that you can stop snorkeling at any point and board the boat. So I would think that staying onboard and never going into the water would not be a problem. You could just ask that question when you contact them again.

This excursion sounds like a lot of fun and there have been very good reviews. Let me know how you make out.

• 1 month later...

Woodwnd is the best. I struggled with my mask and snorkel for a long time. Dee noticed right away that I had it on the WRONG side. I'd been on many a snorkel excursion.....NO BODY noticed that. You will learn from them. It's a great day. Alice

• 1 month later...

Without any hesitation, Woodwind, I have been 4times before, looking foward to going backmin December. Simply the best snorkeling in the Caribbean. Dee is a siren, just great host. The price isnthe best, great day!

Archived