Everything Carnival Elation!

plynn

I did a review about a year ago if you are interested.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1318588

Nice pictures and review :)

It is funny that all of us who posted pics on here traveled while the ship was decorated for Christmas :D

We did that tour with the church and tequila factory last year on the Triumph the same week....loved the church!

Progresso looks so basic or is it just from the angle on the shot?

You have to take a bus ride down the long pier to reach Progresso....it is not as commercialized as Cozumel. This time we actually just got off the ship and shopped at those little shops right at the port.

We have been to Progresso several times. A few times we just went on shore and shopped and ate at a beachfront restaurant. Once we did one of the Carnival excursions...."Horse show, mexican buffet and the Ruins".

A lot of people don't like this port...but we do, it feels more "untouched" than the other ports that we have been to.

Also, they have cheap massages set up right on the beach.

You have to take a bus ride down the long pier to reach Progresso....it is not as commercialized as Cozumel. This time we actually just got off the ship and shopped at those little shops right at the port.

We have been to Progresso several times. A few times we just went on shore and shopped and ate at a beachfront restaurant. Once we did one of the Carnival excursions...."Horse show, mexican buffet and the Ruins".

A lot of people don't like this port...but we do, it feels more "untouched" than the other ports that we have been to.

Also, they have cheap massages set up right on the beach.

Seems like a great port, I have yet to even see the Western side of the Caribbean :(

We love to eat at Pancho's Backyard in Cozumel....this time we ate at the one right at the port

254wr54.jpg

2d1s8wn.jpg

Just be careful the Margaritas are .....very good :p

2wn8yfc.jpg

And....this is my favorite picture this trip....I don't know why :)

2434801.jpg

What GREAT photos! And I MUST know what that chocolate drink is!

Naomi John - I did read your review - it was fantastic and seeing the Fun Times was wonderful.

Sissy and I really liked Progresso when we were there in June on the Triumph. Definitely feels less commercialized than Cozumel and many of the other ports. Unfortunately, Dad has some mobility issues (1 replaced knee, the other needs to be replaced, and he needs to have surgery on his ankle) so I don't think we'll be going to any of the ruins this time around. Oh well, sitting on the beach with a margarita is certainly no hardship!

Cozumel anymore it feels like you have to walk through an entire shopping mall to get off the pier, but laying on the beach and snorkeling all day at Chankanaab is worth it :-)

What GREAT photos! And I MUST know what that chocolate drink is!

Naomi John - I did read your review - it was fantastic and seeing the Fun Times was wonderful.

Sissy and I really liked Progresso when we were there in June on the Triumph. Definitely feels less commercialized than Cozumel and many of the other ports. Unfortunately, Dad has some mobility issues (1 replaced knee, the other needs to be replaced, and he needs to have surgery on his ankle) so I don't think we'll be going to any of the ruins this time around. Oh well, sitting on the beach with a margarita is certainly no hardship!

Cozumel anymore it feels like you have to walk through an entire shopping mall to get off the pier, but laying on the beach and snorkeling all day at Chankanaab is worth it :-)

The drink.... I believe..... was the "Mocha Chocolate Getaway"....on the back page of the drink menu :D

We were on the Elation about 3 years ago when she was on the west coast, there are pics in my signature.

@ cathyz - Very cool approach to posting pics!

We are sailing on the Elation in 8 days for Christmas. I will also have plenty of pictures and an in-depth, unbiased review as well.

The family is so excited!

Thanks everyone for all the pictures and info! My best friend for more than 35 years and myself will be doing 2 short cruises (B2B) in June 2012. Our husbands don't care for cruising so we cruise about every 2 or 3 years without them. We have so much fun!:) Keep the pictures and reviews coming!!!

BeeBeeCee, what room were u in on Empress? Im thinking about booking an ov on that deck for our cruise in may. Was it noisy, and did u like the location? Im stuck between that deck and an interior on veranda. Thanks for all the pics and info! =)

-Jamie

BeeBeeCee, what room were u in on Empress? Im thinking about booking an ov on that deck for our cruise in may. Was it noisy, and did u like the location? Im stuck between that deck and an interior on veranda. Thanks for all the pics and info! =)

-Jamie

We were in cabin E176. Across the hall to the left is a door that leads to the galley area elevator.... and, at first, i was really worried about the possibility of noise....but it was not a problem.

We only heard noise once from the galley area above during the cruise, and it was brief.

And, my husband loved the location...close to elevators :) I have read reviews in the past were people complain about being close to the elevators, but I really did not experience any problems.

• 2 weeks later...

While on the elation in 2010 we had MUSIC DEGREE (a filipino band) onboard in the lounge. They were fantastic. Unfortunately in Oct 2011 we had a band that was not very good. Does anyone know which band is on the Elation now and if they will be there in April?

We have been on the Elation 4 times. One was the Panama Canal repo. So we've been on her a total of 30 days so far. And we are leaving on her again Jan. 14th. She is one of our favorite ships. But alot has to do with the social host and the ACD and CD. We got to know the ones on the 15day Panama Canal cruise really well and have been happy to see them again a few times. We are friends with the CD and the ACD this next trip. So it will be like old home week for us. We have 53 cruises under our belt and I never have a bad thing to say about the Elation.

Archived