Ideas for tours in Belize and Roatan?

texasnana

In Belize we did the Jungle, River, Land Rover and Cave Expedition thru CCL

It was pretty cool. They load you on a bus and drive thru the country to the cave area. The cave was OK, but the Land Rover hit all the mud puddles:D as I was driving back We drove to the river had a few rum punches while we waited for the boat. The boat raced down the river prob 40knots. We had a choice of going back to the ship or to the dock area

We chose the dock area. While the GF walked around the shops, I had a couple Belkins @ the bar and people watched.

We did an excursion to Altun Ha ruins with Island Marketing in Belize which included a tour of the city and lunch at a local restaurant. Very good! We would highly recommend it.

In Roatan we did a private tour which was ok, but would not do it again.

In Belize we did the city/brewery tour which was a lot of fun. After you tour the brewery, they take you to the bar and you have 45 minutes to consume as much beer as you want. Once back at the port lunch is also included. It was something different and we've recommended it to a number of people.

In Belieze, we did the Traveller's Rum tour with a river excursion. It was a blast! (Got to see a manatee, but lost my sunglasses overboard. LOL) Hubby & I were the last ones out the door, bought the most rum, and actually managed to taste every single one of their samples (between the two of us... I hate licorice, so...)

I've heard that the cave tubing is devine, and we plan on doing it next time.

In Roatan, we ended up just hanging out around port, because I was fighting off a bronchial thing from SCUBA diving in Cozumel. :-/

In Belize we did the Jungle, River, Land Rover and Cave Expedition thru CCL

It was pretty cool. They load you on a bus and drive thru the country to the cave area. The cave was OK, but the Land Rover hit all the mud puddles:D as I was driving back We drove to the river had a few rum punches while we waited for the boat. The boat raced down the river prob 40knots. We had a choice of going back to the ship or to the dock area

We chose the dock area. While the GF walked around the shops, I had a couple Belkins @ the bar and people watched.

I second this excursion. Myself and 8 buddies did this tour and had a blast! Needless to say most of them had way too many rum punches on the boat ride back, they were feeling it the rest of the day! But the tour itself is really cool :)

We did Victor Boden tours in Routan and went to a children's home and took them school supplies-spent an hour or so there-many in our group went on the zip line and loved it-I have a bad shoulder from an injury so I did not-the ones who did not want to go on it were taken to a great beach-we had lunch and drinks-a good tour of the island went with it

In Belize we did not schedule a tour --decided to walk into the city--the only word that comes to mind is ICKY! went back to the cruise port shopped a bit and went back to the ship-We were a little bit afraid to do the caves as they said the water was very low and they pretty much had to pull you through-it was a long ride into the country and then a walk to the river to be in it for such a short time and then maybe not enjoy it--

I could have stayed in that water all day...pristine, cool and a wonderful excursion. Booked it from home..not thru cruiseship. You do not have to pay a deposit or anything. We felt well cared for and safe. Takes about an hour to get to the location by car/van.

Archived