Review of Coral 3/18 Panama

threeofus

I like to settle in before I write - it gives you a better perspective.

Getting onto the ship was a breeze. Make sure you do your paperwork on line prior to boarding and you will be on board before you know it.

The ship is beautiful. The lotus pool area is the prettiest I have seen. The outdoor pool area is ok - nothing special.

The poolside grill served hamburgers, hotdogs, fries, chicken and veggie burgers. They are partially cooked and then grilled to order. Enjoyable.

The pizza is really good - full size pizza ovens continuously bake pizza all day long.

We had personal choice dining which was fine most of the time but awful on formal nights. We waited a loooong time and that was nothing compared to the folks that came a bit later. They waited 30 minutes just to get a pager and get on the waiting list. The food was the best food I have ever had on a cruise. Service very professional and friendly.

Cabin..I was somewhat disappointed with the mini suite. It was smaller than I expected. The worst part was the pull out sofa. Oh my gosh what a disgrace. The mattress was extremely thin and hard. We had to ask for an egg crate foam just to make it close to tolerable. The frame must have been bent because the foot portion was elevated. The mattress and frame actually sloped up at the foot. I would have been humiliated if I offered a bed like that to a house guest. This is not me being overly picky...this is a fact.

I used my wipes to wipe off various surfaces--just in case. Thank goodness I did because I found that I was actually dusting as I did. So obviously they hadn't been wiped in a while. There was no smell in the cabin but unfortunately we had smokers on either side so use of our balcony use was curtailed a bit. We had to close the doors to keep the cigar odor out of our room.

CD and deputy CD were very funny and all and all we had a great time.

Jungle cruise in costa rica was pretty good.....we didn't see as much as we thought we would.

Embera Indian Village was very interesting - good choice.

Grand Cayman was a zoo - I think there were 8 ships in port that day....thankfully we got a great position in port. We took a taxi to the beach and it was beautiful. We also took the Trolly tour - very interesting.

Cozumel..we took a taxi - and the driver was speeding and weaving in and out of traffic all while talking on his cell phone. He was speaking in Spanish - not realizing my husband was understanding him...he told the caller he had 4 shots of tequilla before picking us up.

Cave tubing was good...but they rushed us to get our tubes never telling us that there were several sizes so we all took large. That made it really hard to get thru the caves. There wasn't any current so you had to work hard paddling to get anywhere. The water level would change constantly and you would scrape your bottom on the rocky floor. It was so dark that you would bang into large rock formations in the middle of the water. Good experience but not without discomfort.

Going thru the canal was beyond great. Looking back we had a great time...

We were on the Coral last year for the same trip and will be on the Coral next year in a mini-suite. Do you remember what number your mini-suite was?

Thanks

marilyn

We were on the Coral last year for the same trip and will be on the Coral next year in a mini-suite. Do you remember what number your mini-suite was?

Thanks

marilyn

Dolphin Deck

Archived