Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LarlaB

FLL Hotel- Best Deals

I know that there are 1, 432, 535 threads dealing w/ FLL hotel stays, but I'm starting another. :)

I'm looking for a hotel near FLL Airport towards the beginning of May- shuttle service, complimentary breakfast and so on. Downtown would be ok, but not neccessary- don't want to pay for views, or services/amenities/luxuries we won't have time to appreciate, but still want it to be safe, clean and friendly.

Am considering bidding on Priceline because I can't find anything for less than $99- so I'm assuming I missing some options (Have found La Quinta for $99, COmfort Inn $89, Fairfield $119, Amerisuites is booked). Should I go w/ one of these, or are there some others I'm missing?

Any input?

Thanks!

;)

Laura

I just stayed at the Marriott Hotel and Marina compliments of priceline and paid $75. This hotel, however, does not have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, but does have a free shuttle from the hotel to the pier the next day. Don't worry, if you try priceline, everything is very close in Ft. Lauderdale and a taxi ride is never more than $15 per cab ride.

If you want to try for the Marriott Hotel and Marina on priceline, bid 3* downtown, its a great hotel.

However, if you don't want to try priceline, I have stayed at the Comfort Inn on Sterling Road in Hollywood, Florida. This hotel has a free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the pier the next day and has a free breakfast buffet as well. This hotel is nothing lavish, but its clean and perfectly fine for a pre or post cruise stay.

Good luck.

If your looking at April 30th or May 1st you may be out of luck, its our annual Air Sea Show. Most rooms are gone already.

I have stayed at the La Quinta Inn and Suites in Hollywood and liked the hotel very much, large rooms, and nice size TV. The "breakfast" is continental, cereal, muffins, toast, bagels, fruit etc.

As Doone mentioned, the Comfort Inn on Sterling (which is close to the La Quinta) has a hot breakfast and a restaurant on the property.

I just read on another thread that someone got La Quinta for 69.00.

You may want to explore bidding for a hotel.

LarlaB,

I got Renassiance Fll on priceline for $50, for June 12th for post-cruise. I entered a 3* hotel and got upgraded to a 4*. I've read great reviews on this hotel. It does not have all the extras you're looking for but you can rent a car thru alamo for $19 a day.

Hi, I don't know if this is good advice because I haven't yet stayed here, but we got the Hampton Inn FLL airport north for less than $80 per night. There is free shuttle to/from airport & cruise port &, of course, breakfast is included. We've always had good luck with Hampton Inn so I am counting on that to hold out. We'll be at the property only about 12 hours so I figure even if it's not the best, I'll be able to tolerate it.

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn and the LaQuinta in Ft. Lauderdale and both are nice hotels. Wouldn't hesitate to stay in either one again.:)

We just stayed at the Amerisuites on 17th and I would have to give it two thumbs down. Our bed was hard as a rock and the room was not clean at all. Breakfast was typical cheap hotel flair. (no skim milk and they served powdered eggs). I would not recommend this hotel no matter how good the price is through PL.

I will throw in one positive. The driver of the shuttle from the airport to the hotel was wonderful.

We took a cab to the port the next day for $8 instead of waiting on the shuttle and dealing with the masses.

Thanks for the replies

I've tried to book Amerisuites through ValueTrips, but have not had an response or reply from them so far.

I'll look at LaQuinta and Comfort Inn again- maybe find some discount or something. ;) I am just flinching at paying $95 for a low-end hotel- that seems less than reasonable. So perhaps we will have to try Priceline again (already tried downtown for $65 and didn't get anything).

VaCruzers: May I ask where you found the Hampton for that price?

Thanks!

Laura

There are 5 in our group and I also was not fond of close to $100 a night, per room, thinking we would need two rooms.

I called Comfort Suites on Davey Rd and got one room for $109. It has 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa bed. Transportation from airport and to cruise port. $109 is not a bargain, but since I'm splitting to cost, $55 +tax is a bargain. Continental breakfast is included.

Sorry, left out the best part. Since I booked directly with the hotel (saw the same price on travel sites) there is no money lost if I find a better deal elsewhere. I just have to cancel no later than 24 hours in advance.

There are 5 in our group and I also was not fond of close to $100 a night, per room, thinking we would need two rooms.

I called Comfort Suites on Davey Rd and got one room for $109. It has 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa bed. Transportation from airport and to cruise port. $109 is not a bargain, but since I'm splitting to cost, $55 +tax is a bargain. Continental breakfast is included.

We stayed at the Comfort Suites at 2540 Davie Rd. SW 64th Ave.

Davie, FL, US back in 2001 and 2002. We thought for the price it was a great deal. They have a shuttle service from the airport to the hotel (courtesy phone is at the airport in the baggage claim area) and when we checked in we reserved a shuttle ride to the pier in the morning. There was a nice simple breakfast in the morning and the rooms were very roomy and clean. We would stay there again.

We have just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th SE Street - free shuttle from the Airport and to the port. Nice breakfast - good location for eating out (we ate at Bimini Boatyard, others ate at Durty Harrys(?) and said it was really good as well) Hotel staff were very friendly and the rooms were very clean - they were certainly doing price deals

Thanks for the replies

I've tried to book Amerisuites through ValueTrips, but have not had an response or reply from them so far.

I'll look at LaQuinta and Comfort Inn again- maybe find some discount or something. ;) I am just flinching at paying $95 for a low-end hotel- that seems less than reasonable. So perhaps we will have to try Priceline again (already tried downtown for $65 and didn't get anything).

VaCruzers: May I ask where you found the Hampton for that price?

Thanks!

Laura

I paid $95.00 for the Hyatt Pier 66 in January one night precruise. It is a 4* star beach zone on Priceline. Great hotel especially compared to same prices you are looking at for lesser property.

I have a co-worker who has stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Convention Center (17th street) three times and said it was ok place to stay. They really liked the choices of places to eat close by.

Because of that we have a large group cruising on the Radisson Voyager 12/27/05 panama Canal cruise and have booked rooms there.