Question about infants on cruise?

andreabean0929

Hey everyone,

I am currently pregnant with our first child, and I am wondering when you book a cruise do you pay 3rd person rate for an infant? Or are they free or a reduced rate? Also what have been your experiences with a baby on a cruise? Did you pack a pack and play for them to sleep in or how did that work? I know child has to be at least 6mo of age. Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Carnival has pack n plays. You pay the normal 3rd rate, though no tips until the child is 2 years. Baby has to be at least 6 months old to cruise (1 year on transatlantics).

The 3rd pax rate is reduced.. dont pay attention to carnival.com where they show a AVERAGED rate.. use fare viewer or just book for 2, then 3 and you can see the real 3rd pax rate that way.

Carnival has pack n plays. You pay the normal 3rd rate, though no tips until the child is 2 years. Baby has to be at least 6 months old to cruise (1 year on transatlantics).

The 3rd pax rate is reduced.. dont pay attention to carnival.com where they show a AVERAGED rate.. use fare viewer or just book for 2, then 3 and you can see the real 3rd pax rate that way.

Thank you firefly for your information. :)

take your own sheets, etc since baby may be allergic to the harsh chemicals they use.

You will need to pack everything you would need for your baby.

Formula, diapers, foods. cereal etc etc.

baby will pay the third passenger rate..which for some weeks could be costly.

Cruise lines do not use age-- just a passenger.

no child rates. just the third pax rate.

they will provide a pack and play.

you may want to bring a small blow up to help with baths, but it's quite simple with the shower nozzle to sit them on the shower floor, or even a towel.

they will not be able to use the pools, and yes, there are no tips assigned to them, but you may wish to tip someone who helps you along the way.

you will have such great memories, and hopefully, some great shots and videos to cherish.

bon voyage! :)

Archived