Free Parking in New Orleans with Hotel stay

Angie1871

If you stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport they will let you park for 10 days. Below is the list of conditions.. The price is $124.00.. A lot better than paying $96 parking at the port, $100 for hotel, and then $20 for breakfast.. Anyways just a thought.. We will be doing this on December 18 I will post how it went...

Bon Voyage! Get the party started before the ship sails. Package includes 2 Welcome Cocktails, Full breakfast for 2 adults (children 12 and under eat free) Parking for up to 10 days and Transportation to and from the airport and the Cruise ship terminal

But, this is no where I want to be, if I'm going to enjoy, my New Orleans multiple activities.

The added cost may be well worth the expense to some, but your option is well suited for those, just coming in for the cruise.

Definitely a great deal if you're not planning to spend much time in the city and only here to cruise. Having a car and driving into the city from Metairie to sight see will add the extra expense of parking in the French Quarter.

If you stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport they will let you park for 10 days. Below is the list of conditions.. The price is $124.00.. A lot better than paying $96 parking at the port, $100 for hotel, and then $20 for breakfast.. Anyways just a thought.. We will be doing this on December 18 I will post how it went...

Bon Voyage! Get the party started before the ship sails. Package includes 2 Welcome Cocktails, Full breakfast for 2 adults (children 12 and under eat free) Parking for up to 10 days and Transportation to and from the airport and the Cruise ship terminal

Thank you for this post....I got on here just now to ask about park and cruise hotels in New Orleans and you have answered my question for me. I've been to NO so many times that I don't intend to do any sight seeing-just need a place to park and stay.

Just got back from our cruise two days ago.. The hotel service was great. We paid a total of $151 and they provided free transportation from the hotel to the port and from the port to the hotel. It was great, we got off the ship and when we got our bags we called the number they gave us. By time we got through Customs they were waiting for us. It is about a 15 minute drive with min traffic. The hotel is very clean and they give you a free drink vochure for each person in your party when you arrive. The breakfast was also great. I would recommend this service and we will use them again.. Good Luck!

Just got back from our cruise two days ago.. The hotel service was great. We paid a total of $151 and they provided free transportation from the hotel to the port and from the port to the hotel. It was great, we got off the ship and when we got our bags we called the number they gave us. By time we got through Customs they were waiting for us. It is about a 15 minute drive with min traffic. The hotel is very clean and they give you a free drink vochure for each person in your party when you arrive. The breakfast was also great. I would recommend this service and we will use them again.. Good Luck!

Glad you enjoyed your experience....how many were in your party that stayed at the hotel?

Thanks so much for letting us know this! We have been trying to decide between holiday in superdome and this one. I am glad to know there wasnt a problem getting the shuttle back to the hotel! Will probably book this one now.

Not a problem at all.. The hotel contracts a transporation company to shuttle for them. They have two large buses that they use.. We rode the first shuttle to the cruise ship on Sunday morning. They had us in the lobby at 10:30 and the shuttle left at 11:00 sharp. I was worried because the cruise lines tells you not to be there before 12:30; however from the time we loaded the shuttle, got to the port, and went through the check in process we were on the ship at 12:40.. Only 30 people in line so, I guess we just got lucky..

The hotel only gives you two free breakfast's, but there were three of us and I ask for another and they had no problem giving us the third (they actually gave us 2, 2 person vochures).. Happy Sailing!

Parking in New Orleans is about the same as any major city. Higher prices in spots, but you can definitely look around. The parking is not as high as San Fran or NYC, but more expensive than Atlanta or Houston. Some places (like restaurants or the aquarium) offer discounts.

K thanks. I've never been to NOLA just going by what I've read. I read on one of these threads that parking was 10 an hr in most place. LOL that could add up really fast

We did go to the French Quater. We parked at the Hilton Gardens Hotel by Burbon Street and payed $10 for the entire day.. We found that if you do Vallet Parking you will pay by the hour; however if you self park you will usually pay by the day.. Hope that helps... Ohhh.. I taxi from the hotel to downdown was $15

• 1 month later...

Hello Angie, and THANKS for posting this. My family & I (4 adults) are cruising out of NOLA in Jan 2013. I know I know, another year from now, but I like to stay on top of things and get stuff taken care of EARLY. Question for you. Did you call and get this rate or did you do everything online? I would like to reserve a room for our upcoming cruise.

I just called to book the park and cruise rate but ran into a problem. We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children) and while the rate is nice, it only includes transportation for 2 people per room. We would need to pay $20 each for transportation for our kids. Not such a good deal for us, but if you are a couple it would be a great deal. I called the hotel directly to make sure the info the reservation line gave me was correct. Not sure if this is a new policy or not.

I just called to book the park and cruise rate but ran into a problem. We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children) and while the rate is nice, it only includes transportation for 2 people per room. We would need to pay $20 each for transportation for our kids. Not such a good deal for us, but if you are a couple it would be a great deal. I called the hotel directly to make sure the info the reservation line gave me was correct. Not sure if this is a new policy or not.

I called as well and was given the same response from the hotel. They said the rate would be $169 per room (2 people), plus $20 each addt person. It's 4 of us, so that would be $209 for us. NO THANKS! We are driving from the Houston area so we are driving the Baton Rouge the night prior, staying at Double Tree or Embassy Suites, (made reservations at both), then waking up Sunday morning and take the hour drive to New Orleans and parking at the port.

We didn't have that problem. We called the hotel directly and they gave us vochures for everyone in our party free of charge. I would give them a call!

I called the hotel a lil over a week ago and was given the same answer as ABQmom.

• 2 years later...

first of all, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for the idea of this hotel! We def plan on using it durning our trip in 2015!

Second, Just wanted to post some updated prices! =)

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/metairie/msyme/hoteldetail/hotel-packages

STAY PARK AND CRUISE

Bon Voyage! Get the party started before the ship sails. Package includes 2 Welcome Cocktails, Full breakfast for 2 adults (children 12 and under eat free) Parking for up to 10 days and Transportation to and from the airport , Transportation for up to 2 persons to and from Cruise ship terminal.

(the small print stuff....)

Additional Transportation fee is 20 dollars per person, per trip. Package amenities presented at check-in. Voucher holds no cash value and cannot be redeemed for other services or amenities. Taxes, Service charges, and Gratuities not included in package price. For more information regarding Cruise Port Terminal information visit, http://www.neworleanscruiseguide.com

Please provide phone number when booking reservations so we can call and confirm transportation service. Unused portions of package are nonrefundable. Check-in age is 21 or older. For groups of 10 or more please call the sales department for special group pricing.

$159! That's an amazing deal!!

Edited by JABrown104

• 1 month later...

I wonder if the low cost of the hotel and the free parking make it worth taking a cab to the port and back. Any idea how much a cab would be to this location?

Also, do you know if they have suites with a separate bedroom? I'd be willing to pay a little more so I can put my daughter down for a nap in a separate room with a door.