Cruise Critic Community
Elizanessie

Anyone suffering snow or storms etc

Hi everyone :D

Well its brrrrrr here in Nairn but no snow here, how are you all doing ?

I did hear there were winds of 165mph recently in Scotland ( I was away cruising at the time so missed them)

Stay safe and stay warm.

No snow on the ground here in southern Ontario in the "LiftLock City". There has been snow in most of the rest of Canada but nothing that has stayed on the ground here. A green Christmas seems to be the forecast. A couple of days ago it was 12 C and raining.

The winds were pretty bad, Liz, and when our internet went down last weekend, we blamed the gales- just across the Border, they'd lost power.

It turns out that some thick thief had dug up the cables, searching for copper.....and found useless fibre optics.....:confused:

Glad you were away for the 2 major storms- the sea was incredible!

Jo.

Been snowing for 2 days here, about 8" so far with another 4 days of snow forecast.

Fear not though, i will still be able to get to work :(

My friends should be landing soon from the Caribbean- what a shock awaits them :(.....still freezing out there (but not as bad as for Swiss Dave!).

Jo.

We just had a morning of snow which did not hang around. However it is cold.

We live in Adelaide South Australia and the temperature today is 36c deg. Expected to be the same tomorrow for Xmas day. We think it is crazy to have a great big hot meal for Xmas day. Cold meats and salads for us followed by cold desserts usually eaten outside.

We did a cruise to New Zealand for Xmas 2 years ago and it was actually snowing in Dunedin 2 days before Xmas. Unheard of in the Southern hemisphere in December. I think the experts call it "Global Warming"

John

Here in Southern Ontario Canada it is 8PM and -9C with a light dust of snow on the ground. It barely makes it a white Christmas. There is snow in other parts of the country but not much until you get a long way north of here.

It's been a muggy, misty damp Christmas, and it's still 12 degrees at 9pm....really don't need the heating on. It's just as well, as we had to travel up a mountain valley this morning to an ancient church, and last year it was freezing...

Jo.

SAM_0644.jpg.78375aa52f1a17120136bbe3b678ad7f.jpg

Edited by jocap

Winter arrived here last night. Wet, heavy snow then freezing. Made the morning commute slippery but the plows and salt trucks were out doing the job that keeps us moving. The parking lots were very slippery, covered with ice. sigh... lots more to come.

There's been major warnings for Scotland and the North of England on the BBC- gales, including great gusts at times....I'm just taking the dog for her last walk, and have put out all the wind proof gear.

Stay safe in Scotland!

The sea is just a big frothy mess at the moment! :(

Jo.

I'm in the South East and I'm thinking of getting the suntan lotion out soon as it looks to be about 12C over the weekend :D

It hasn't felt like Christmas at all, usually i'm in desperate need of hot water bottles, stacks of tea and the electric blanket before bed time but on a few occasions I have slept with the window open! It's just been too warm.

We had a slight sprinkle a few weeks back but that was it......I'm rather disappointed :(

Ck x

Today, more wind and rain.

Iain

Hi Iain

Same up here in the Highlands..lots of wind and rain...a day for staying indoors :)

Hi Iain

Same up here in the Highlands..lots of wind and rain...a day for staying indoors :)

.....even the dog turned tail....

Jo.

Outside temp here at the moment is -11C. It will then get cold at the weekend with temps forecast to be -18C.

:)

It's hovering around freezing, but it's worse inland. The mountains are all snow capped, and it's been very beautiful in the sun.

Jo.

Arrived in Aurora, Colorado yesterday afternoon to see granddaughter. 9+ inches snow last night; 12 in downtown Denver. Snow to come for 12 more hours, expect total to be 14-16 inches.