"LIVE" from the Mariner o4-10-05

Radio

Karen,

I just checked the Grand Cayman port website and it appears that the Mariner is back on June 23rd (Thursday) as of 12:30 EDT today. I was concerned as well as we are on this sailing too.

Karen,

I just checked the Grand Cayman port website and it appears that the Mariner is back on June 23rd (Thursday) as of 12:30 EDT today. I was concerned as well as we are on this sailing too.

I was stressing just a little over that. (I booked a few non-RCCL excursions) Thanks for the update. Are you going to the Meet & Mingle? Have you seen the Roll Call? I think I just need a vacation! 68 days,but who's counting........

Karen

Wow Radio it seems you've gotten pretty popular with your trips. I have 7 members of my family going in September and it will be our first on RCI, for some of them it will be their first cruise. These pictures and posts are getting me excited, September won't come soon enough!

We were wondering if we got in on a flight at around 11:00 if we would be able to board the ship, I assume it might be possible then if you were able to get on?

It sounds like Capt. Johnny is the Capt. to have, wonder if he'll be there Sept 25th.

Thanks for the pictures and posts I look forward to them all week!

P.S. I noticed there was a case of bottled water in your cabin. Was that already there or did you bring it on board? If it was there are they charging to use them? We will be drinking alot of water while on board and the bottles would be great!

RADIO, will you please report on the Ping Pong tables on the ship? Where are they (maybe a picture please) and how many are there? Is it protected from wind so the ball doesnt go flying into the ocean???

ciship

I did have a question since I'm taking my 1st trip on her in 6 weeks! Did you notice where the pier coordinator was in the RCCL check in? I'll ask when I get there, but wondering if you knew!

Boingy300- We noticed the same thing this weekend on the GC port authority site. This was AFTER I got an e-mail CONFIRMING the Wed Port! I guessed they looked and realized "DUH!" and changed it back. I had called RCL about it twice also, so maybe that helped too!

Radio, since you are on the Western Itinerary any way you could scan The Compasses onto Webshots or fax a copy to me? I'm planning our trip days now! :)

BTW, I watched you depart from my computer while viewing the Two Palms cam! It's great to watch her every week!

Hope you have great weather and calm seas!

Jacquelyn :D

Radio, Thank You for the great pics and comintary on the Mariner. Will be sailing with Adventure Girl in Oct. This will be our first cruise on the Mariner.

I do have a question about the E1's cabin the couch is it a single or double like in your cabin?

Keep up the great work on keeping all of us informed. Enjoying your reports. Have a great Cruise.

:)

Thanks for all the good pics.... Looking out for more... We ( Michele and Tom ) will be in 9318 on the hump on the Oct. 2nd Eastern cruise.

Looking forward to big review from you with pictures.:cool:

Radio, like everyone else, it is terrific to read your posts. Thanks for making time for us.

Can you look at the Compass and tell me who the evening Piano Bar entertainment is? It used to be Matt Yee who was apparently unbelievable.

We’re hoping his replacement is up to the task, but have not read anything on the boards.

Thanks,

Phil

Radio,

Thanks for another great job. I have 88 signed up for our M&M and between us are traveling with over 200 others on the 4/17 sailing when you get back. This is a first cruise for some of them and I am sure they will be glued to your posting. Enjoy.

devvt and wdwmmdd

I haven't seen your names on my roll call for the 4/17 Mariner sailing. Feel free to jump in. Have you two signed up for the M&M?

Kevin :cool:

Radio

At a port that you tender in to if you could get a picture of the Mariner as she is anchored, please. I would love for you to post a picture like that as I am giving my daughter a b2b on the Mariner for a graduation gift. I have been searching, but so far haven't found a picture like this. Thank you for your review so far, it is terrific to hear from someone with a live review. :)

WoW ! Lots of questions...Let me see what I can do....

Phil&Pam...Mat Yee is not in the Schooner Bar for now...he was replaced by Ed Manego. He sounded pretty good.

The pool Band is called "Focus", they are very good.

rngdfan...I will ask the Captain how long he will be onboard during the Crown and Anchor Party.

Jacquelyn11... The pier Coordinators desk is located on the right hand side of the left check in counter. I will scan the Compass's when I get back and post them on my Cruise Photo Page (see below)

luv4trvl...If you fly into Orlando at 11am, you will have pleanty of time to get to the Terminal. It will be accepting passengers until 4pm. I brought a case of Deer Park water with me in my roll on... There will be several beverages in your mini bar. ( 2 cokes, 2 sprites, 2 diet cokes, 2 perriers. and 2 Dannon Spring waters as well as some candy) There will be a fee for that.

Today was sunny and warm with calm seas. Tonight is also the formal night. The Headliner Show features Kenny James. One of the Ice Show performance was held today at 5pm. Todays free movies are "13 Going On 30" and "50 First Dates"

Tonight is also the Captains Welcome aboard reception, and the Karaoke Idol Search. Well we have just passed Long Island and should be reaching Labadee (just a few miles from Cap Haitien). It apperars that it will be a lovely day !

Watch for more pics tonight !

Radio

;)

Bolero's

46845779-d6ed-02000164-.jpg

Focus

46845781-fc4c-02000180-.jpg

Royale Promenade

46830448-15a0-02000180-.jpg

Sunny Day-Deck 4

46845782-ea42-02000180-.jpg

I guess you can tell by the enormous responses that you are getting that your post are truly appreciated. We're going back on her in 8 weeks and as always in the past we look forward to your insight. Thanks for all your time & effort.

Can you check how long the current Captain will be there. We're hoping that we get Captain Johnny in Jun...Jun 12 to be specific.

Just noticed that we are on the same cruise. Have you registered for the Meet & Mingle? The June 12th Mariner is short of the 25 needed for the Meet & Mingle. Here'e our roll call thread. :cool:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=49901

Thank you for posting live. We are sailing in October '05 and will be our second cruise on the Mariner. Our favorite spot after dinner was the bow where you can sit on the benches. I read somewhere that they have closed that at night.

Please tell be it isn't so.

Thanks!

Mick

Radio

At a port that you tender in to if you could get a picture of the Mariner as she is anchored, please. I would love for you to post a picture like that as I am giving my daughter a b2b on the Mariner for a graduation gift. I have been searching, but so far haven't found a picture like this. Thank you for your review so far, it is terrific to hear from someone with a live review. :)

WOW...btb for graduation present? I think I got a bracelet for my graduation. I got jipped!!!!!!

Thank you for posting live. We are sailing in October '05 and will be our second cruise on the Mariner. Our favorite spot after dinner was the bow where you can sit on the benches. I read somewhere that they have closed that at night.

Please tell be it isn't so.

Thanks!

Mick

micbooth, looks like you have done your share of both Carnival and RCI....which ship was your favorite? The PRIDE was great for us!

RADIO, will you please report on the Ping Pong tables on the ship? Where are they (maybe a picture please) and how many are there? Is it protected from wind so the ball doesnt go flying into the ocean???

ciship

RADIO,

Did you find the Ping Pong tables yet????

ciship

Archived