Keep Aft Wrap or go Ocean Suite

StingRaysfan

So, we just got off the Liberty... review to follow soon to include sickness, quarantine, Angry Birds, red frogs, blue iguanas and a plethora of other items! So standby for that after Christmas!

Anyway, We did not love our regular balcony room after having ocean suites on the last couple cruises. On the Valor we have aft wrap 7440 booked and we've never done a wrap before. I need some serious opinions from people who have sailed in both.... keep the wrap or upgrade to the suite???

Btw... I don't need to hear about perks etc... I guess I need to know if the aft wrap is seriously lightyears better then a regular balcony....

We're leaving on Wed. for our first aft wrap on the Liberty (NYE cruise) so we'll let you know as soon as we get back what we think of the aft wrap.

Any quick tips oon the Liberty before we leave would be greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

We're leaving on Wed. for our first aft wrap on the Liberty (NYE cruise) so we'll let you know as soon as we get back what we think of the aft wrap.

Any quick tips oon the Liberty before we leave would be greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

:) For breakfast try the Cantina and get a breakfast burrito...

The Tortillas say "wheat" and "Jalapeno" ... the Jalapeno ones aren't hot and they are basically just "white"... OH, try the smokey Iguana Chipolte Jalapeno in the hot sauce area. It's not really hot persay, but OH SO YUMMY! I'm gonna try to find it and order it online...

The burgers are great but the fries are better... try mixing the ranch and chipotle together and dipping your fries! Go into the sports bar and ask for controllers to play some EA sports games (you have to trade them your sign and sail). Very fun.... If you want to do the EA challenges and trivias start at the beginning of the week... the scores on the board outside are cummulative throughout the week... the Overall winner gets a sports prize pack...

If you like upbeat, you will love Butch and Amy.

Get a souvenir glass drink at the red Frod or Blue Iguana early in the week. They will fill it up (16oz) for the regular 12oz price all week. I didn't do this and regretted it. The Mango Magic drink at the rum bar is PHENOMINAL!

Thats all I can think off... thanks for your response and let me know what you think after your cruise!!! :) I'm so jealous!

We've had aft wraps, ocean suites and grand suites on Conquest-class ships. For us the balcony is more important than the cabin, and we love the aft wrap. They're huge, and the view from the stern of the ship, looking at the ship's wake, is great. The ocean suite balconies aren't that much larger than a regular balcony. On one cruise, they wanted to move us from the aft wrap to a grand suite and they literally had to pay us to move.:D

If the cabin is more important to you, though, you'd probably be happier with the suite - it is a nicer cabin (love having a bathtub), and the aft wrap cabins are oddly shaped.

I've seen aft wraps on conquest and triumph and thought they were totally awesome with seeing both directions and so much balcony for only 2 people.

I personally would rather have the aft wrap, but I dont care about a few s.f. more space inside myself. No matter how big the cabin is, I think it pales in comparison to most hotel rooms, so its no biggie to me.

Btw... I don't need to hear about perks etc... I guess I need to know if the aft wrap is seriously lightyears better then a regular balcony....

Suite PERKS? Nope, I won't mention any (as they don't exist...LOL)! :D

It's our opinion that the aft-wraps (Dream class, and more so on the Conquest class ships) are preferable to suites - though that it only based on the size of the balcony. Our "go to" deck on Conquest class ships would be deck 6.

Of course, the best of both worlds would be the VS category cabins on deck 4 of Spirit class ships... but that's another matter!

Have a GREAT trip!

Tom

So, we just got off the Liberty... review to follow soon to include sickness, quarantine, Angry Birds, red frogs, blue iguanas and a plethora of other items! So standby for that after Christmas!

Anyway, We did not love our regular balcony room after having ocean suites on the last couple cruises. On the Valor we have aft wrap 7440 booked and we've never done a wrap before. I need some serious opinions from people who have sailed in both.... keep the wrap or upgrade to the suite???

Here's an AFT wrap video I did for the Carnival Triumph 8433...The amount of room you get outside is what sold it for me.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/YWNZQdTJ8UM

Of course, the best of both worlds would be the VS category cabins on deck 4 of Spirit class ships... but that's another matter!
We booked our first VS on Pride for our July 2012 cruise. It's not deck 4, but we're really looking forward to it!:cool:

Just got off Liberty 12/10/11 and our aft wrap. It was our first balcony. We were on verandah deck. The room itself was a little smaller, but the balcony was incredible. We spent a lot of time there at sailaways from the islands. It was amazing, as well as sailaway from Miami. I would totally stay there again. Very minimal noise from Lido. the occasional chair moving upstairs, but I think there are only 2 above us, so no worries. Definitely at aft wrap.

We have had all categories and prefer the OS over the aft wrap/VS. I like the balcony on the aft wrap but the OS room far outweighs the extra space on the balcony in my opinion. The perks,albeit few, do not make a difference to us as we are platinum. I am sure I am in the minority, but you asked for opinions!

Thanks everyone...

Glad to hear all sides, and I do think it's going to come down to outside vs inside space preferences. We've been in a few OS's so I think we are going to stick with the aft wrap and give it a try. You never know until you try. It will help with future decisions for sure. We still have a lot of cruises ahead!

If there was a Spirit class ship leaving Florida for an 8 day cruise to Aruba on Memorial Day week... I would be on it in a VS! But the Valor is our only option... I wish the wraps on the Conquest class were suites... I really really missed my tub and vanity area on this last cruise like no ones business...

Once again thanks... it gave us something to consider. My husband is VERY much looking forward to the huge balcony and our friends are in the premium balcony next door... so we are going to stick with it...

We stayed in 7440 on Valor last summer. I thought you might enjoy some photos:

Here's how the room looks with the beds apart (it was set up wrong when we first arrived):

New%252520camera%252520034.jpg

Here's how the room looked when together:

New%252520camera%252520068.jpg

Here's the balcony looking towards the aft. We also had aft balcony room next door and had the partition between them opened:

New%252520camera%252520041.jpg

And here is the part looking towards the side:

New%252520camera%252520032.jpg

We had two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and two small tables.

The only negative thing was that it was very hot on the aft part of the balcony, since we went in August. There is very little overhang there. We ended up sitting on the side balcony a lot to get out of the sun.

This was the view every evening:

New%252520camera%252520302.jpg

(More pictures in my review listed below.)

We stayed in 7440 on Valor last summer. I thought you might enjoy some photos:

Here's how the room looks with the beds apart (it was set up wrong when we first arrived):

New%252520camera%252520034.jpg

Here's how the room looked when together:

New%252520camera%252520068.jpg

Here's the balcony looking towards the aft. We also had aft balcony room next door and had the partition between them opened:

New%252520camera%252520041.jpg

And here is the part looking towards the side:

New%252520camera%252520032.jpg

We had two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and two small tables.

The only negative thing was that it was very hot on the aft part of the balcony, since we went in August. There is very little overhang there. We ended up sitting on the side balcony a lot to get out of the sun.

This was the view every evening:

New%252520camera%252520302.jpg

(More pictures in my review listed below.)

OOOOOOOO..... Thank you ... how about storage and any pic of the bath room ( dw) request lol

thanks

leemd

I have had the OS, and I have seen the Aft Wrap, if it was me, I would probably have to do the OS. Love the whirlpool tub, and the closet space. The Aft wrap's only advantage is all that balcony space, which is nice. I also like the extra seating that the OS has over the wrap.

Both are really nice to experience, so I guess it is all what you are wanting to do. The person that had the wrap that we looked at, hardly used the balcony...what a waste. I would take it, though...don't think I wouldn't. But for creature comfort INSIDE the cabin, the OS is the way to go definitely.

I just wish that people would stop talking about these 'aft wrap balcony' cabins.

After experiencing several of them I would assure you that they are not all that they are made out to be, and most of you would not enjoy them at all.

Please focus your cabin selections elsewhere, where you would enjoy a much better experience.

Thank you for your consideration,

gary

I just wish that people would stop talking about these 'aft wrap balcony' cabins.

After experiencing several of them I would assure you that they are not all that they are made out to be, and most of you would not enjoy them at all.

Please focus your cabin selections elsewhere, where you would enjoy a much better experience.

gary

:D GOTCHA :D

Tom

Love the aft wrap. To us it's about the balcony space. We love to lay out there and sun have drinks watch the wake of the ship and at night it's fantastic the stars and we have even had a few drinks and danced on the balcony with the cd's we had with us, we like the empress deck the best floor above and below us on the glory and conquest keep the aft wrap you'll love it

StingRaysfan,

We'd take an aft wrap over a suite any day. Even if suites were half the price of afts, we'd take an aft.

We're booked in two adjacent Lido balcony cabins and an across the hall interior for April because all the aft wraps were booked so we opted for best location over the suites. For the same money we could have booked an Empress deck suite with an interior.

IMO, yes the aft wraps are 'lightyears ahead' of suites, but with that said I sure wish an aft would open up on our April 7 2012 Liberty sailing....:o

gary

Gary,

Very good point! I think I'll opt for that answer from now on...:cool:

If the choice was OS or aft wrap I would go for the large balcony. The OS does offer a lot of storage room and a small bath tub but the extra space to me is not usable as it is a dressing area that adjoins the bathroom to the living area. The lighing is not good enough to apply make up in that area so you end up in the bathroom anyway.

We opted our next cruise for the GS. There was a aft wrap available at the time but it is after all, aft which makes it farther to walk to anywhere. Hubby has some mobility issues.

The GS as opposed to the OS has much more space as well as a garden instead of a standard tub. The balcony is not nearly as large but it is extended and large enough for two.

We do just fine in a regular balcony but when we choose to upgrade, we will skip over the OS and choose the GS. I would love to try the aft wrap but will have to wait until hubby can lose enough weight to have knee surgeries. Cruising twice a year isn't helping that cause, LOL, but we are learning moderation.

Archived