Carnival Dream Picture Review, December 10th-17th, 2011

italianfemmy

Our Carnival go to person Malcolm set us up in a cabin in front on the Empress, 7208...said it is bigger and we have access to the large walkway/balcony. Any know of this cabin? Looks like it is near the spa.... Were you near that cabin?

Annette

Edited by Bassoon1

Hey Alicia!

Loved the review! Spent most of yesterday and today reading and looking at the great pics! I am booked on the Dream for next January. I know, a long wait but the anticipation is half the fun! :D

This is only my second cruise, my first being on RCL's Freedom that got me hooked on cruising and when I found this cruise on the Dream for LESS THAN HALF of what the Freedom cruise was, I just had to book!

I have a ton of questions but I will keep my questions to you related to your experiences on the Dream.

1) Is there a link to the monkey "zoo" you 2 found or do I just ask the tour guy you suggested?

2) Loved the spa recommendations. How much time on average did you spend there daily?

3) What would you say the average temp was outside either on the ship or off at night that you would say?

4) At any time at any island did you feel unsafe going off the beaten trail?

Thanks! And keep up the great reviews! :)

Oh, also, on your first day they didn't have room for you in Anytime Dining. Was that because you didn't have Anytime Dining that you were turned away?

I am signed up for Anytime Dining and I would hate to come to dinner and find that they are "full".

Alicia,

I started reading your review today and I've only made it through page 19, and loved every minute. All of your pictures are beautiful.

I'm sailing with you and Latanya on the Breeze and sent you and e-mail and look forward to meeting you two onboard.

Portia

Hey Alicia!

Loved the review! Spent most of yesterday and today reading and looking at the great pics! I am booked on the Dream for next January. I know, a long wait but the anticipation is half the fun! :D

This is only my second cruise, my first being on RCL's Freedom that got me hooked on cruising and when I found this cruise on the Dream for LESS THAN HALF of what the Freedom cruise was, I just had to book!

I have a ton of questions but I will keep my questions to you related to your experiences on the Dream.

1) Is there a link to the monkey "zoo" you 2 found or do I just ask the tour guy you suggested?

We booked this through Victor Bodden. Just google Victor Bodden Roatan. The monkey area we went to is on his property and you can book it through their website.

2) Loved the spa recommendations. How much time on average did you spend there daily?

Approx. 1-4 hours a day depending on the day and activities we wanted to do.

3) What would you say the average temp was outside either on the ship or off at night that you would say?

It varied. It was warm enough for me overall in the day time. At night, it did get cold a couple of times but we also had some rainy weather a couple days which made it colder.

4) At any time at any island did you feel unsafe going off the beaten trail?

No, we never felt unsafe. There are always too many people around going to the same places you're going to .. for me to ever really feel unsafe. We had a blast with everything that we did. It was great... it always is.

Thanks! And keep up the great reviews! :)

Answers are mixed in to the quote above. :-)

Oh, also, on your first day they didn't have room for you in Anytime Dining. Was that because you didn't have Anytime Dining that you were turned away?

I am signed up for Anytime Dining and I would hate to come to dinner and find that they are "full".

No, it was because we were signed up for late dining. When we booked, only late dining was available and we were wait listed for anytime dining. You're booked for anytime so you'll be fine.

Alicia,

I started reading your review today and I've only made it through page 19, and loved every minute. All of your pictures are beautiful.

I'm sailing with you and Latanya on the Breeze and sent you and e-mail and look forward to meeting you two onboard.

Portia

I got your email. :-) I'll try to write you back soon. I have been extremely busy this weekend and it's not going to slow down anytime soon.

Thanks for answering my questions Alicia! :)

I found it ironic that you had the excursion "rug" pulled from under you as it happened to me as well in St. Thomas on my 1st cruise. You can read about it in my review in my signature at bottom. I, like you, refused to let it ruin even that one day of my cruise!

Happy cruising!

Thanks for answering my questions Alicia! :)

I found it ironic that you had the excursion "rug" pulled from under you as it happened to me as well in St. Thomas on my 1st cruise. You can read about it in my review in my signature at bottom. I, like you, refused to let it ruin even that one day of my cruise!

Happy cruising!

You're welcome! Glad I could be of help. :-)

Just started reading and I love all your pictures so far! Hubby and I are considering this cruise for November :).

Thanks! I hope you love the rest of the review! Prices seem to be going up on everything recently so you might want to start looking into prices! November is a great month for cruising!

Well, it's finally our turn this weekend. This review, your talent - it's been a lot of fun following this "story" and learning more about what is a hobby for me, from a professional such as yourself.

Thanks again for taking the time to share and inspire.

Thanks! I hope you love the rest of the review! Prices seem to be going up on everything recently so you might want to start looking into prices! November is a great month for cruising!

Yeah, it's super cheap during the month of November, and it shouldn't be THAT cold down there. Well, hopefully not...

I read the whole review over the past two days and it was amazing! I love all the pictures and you've definitely sold me on going back to Carnival. My last cruise was Royal Caribbean and after that I really didn't think I could go back to Carnival, but I'd give the Dream a shot now that I've read this.

Yeah, it's super cheap during the month of November, and it shouldn't be THAT cold down there. Well, hopefully not...

I read the whole review over the past two days and it was amazing! I love all the pictures and you've definitely sold me on going back to Carnival. My last cruise was Royal Caribbean and after that I really didn't think I could go back to Carnival, but I'd give the Dream a shot now that I've read this.

There was one cruise many years ago that made me think I'd never go back to Carnival but then I realized that I was judging everything based on one experience and decided to give it another go. I went into the next cruise with a more open mind and decided not to sweat the small stuff. Part of enjoying cruising is understanding the world doesn't revolve around "me" or "you" but revolves around all 2,000-5,000 paying passengers onboard. And therefore, some concessions must be made. :-)

I hope you enjoy your next Carnival cruise should you choose to come back to the dark.... err... bright... err.... whatever... side. :-D

Well, it's finally our turn this weekend. This review, your talent - it's been a lot of fun following this "story" and learning more about what is a hobby for me, from a professional such as yourself.

Thanks again for taking the time to share and inspire.

Make sure to come back and share your own experiences. I look forward to seeing your photos!!

I'm glad you "bumped up" this thread as I probably would have missed it otherwise. I don't have any immediate plans to sail on the Dream (going on Pride for 5th time in Sept.) but I loved every entry and every picture of this report. Your photos are amazing ! Illness limits my activites on my cruises so your very detailed report allowed me to kind of hold a baby tiger, swim with dolphins, climb ancient ruins and see out of the way areas not often seen by tourists. Thank you for the wonderful narrative and pictures that allowed me to almost feel like I was right there with you! I don't think the spa on the Pride has the same features as the one on the Dream, but I will still check it out thanks to you. I think I hated to see your cruise end almost as much as you did !!

I'm glad you "bumped up" this thread as I probably would have missed it otherwise. I don't have any immediate plans to sail on the Dream (going on Pride for 5th time in Sept.) but I loved every entry and every picture of this report. Your photos are amazing ! Illness limits my activites on my cruises so your very detailed report allowed me to kind of hold a baby tiger, swim with dolphins, climb ancient ruins and see out of the way areas not often seen by tourists. Thank you for the wonderful narrative and pictures that allowed me to almost feel like I was right there with you! I don't think the spa on the Pride has the same features as the one on the Dream, but I will still check it out thanks to you. I think I hated to see your cruise end almost as much as you did !!

I don't think I've ever been on one ship twice much less 5 times! I have separate goals... one of which is to spend 500 days at sea and the other was to sail on every ship. But, I've realized I don't want to sail on every ship. Soooo.. I have to come up with a new goal. :-)

I am glad you found and loved my review. It touches me that you were able to live vicariously through it. What a wonderful thing to say!

Loved your review. Started reading the roll calls for the Breeze since we are sailing her in Feb. 2013; got caught up in the Nov. roll call and discovered your Dream review. Thank you for sharing all the photos! My favorite was the two boys on the back of the truck. I think it's funny that the photo is one you were upset about because of the windshield. I think that just lends to the feeling of the shot; it almost reminds me of a Norman Rockwell painting. Anyway, great job. Hope to meet you and Latanya on a ship someday!

Loved your review. Started reading the roll calls for the Breeze since we are sailing her in Feb. 2013; got caught up in the Nov. roll call and discovered your Dream review. Thank you for sharing all the photos! My favorite was the two boys on the back of the truck. I think it's funny that the photo is one you were upset about because of the windshield. I think that just lends to the feeling of the shot; it almost reminds me of a Norman Rockwell painting. Anyway, great job. Hope to meet you and Latanya on a ship someday!

Latanya and I are always up for meeting new people when we sail! :-) Thanks for your kind words. The photo of the boys on the back of the truck is growing on me. :-)

Latanya and I are always up for meeting new people when we sail! :-) Thanks for your kind words. The photo of the boys on the back of the truck is growing on me. :-)

it's only now just growing on you? after everyone has been saying that it is... if not the "best" picture, the one that absolutely grabs your attention and the one everyone remembers and everyone's favorite ;-)