Cabo ?'s

twinklen01

We don't have much of a roll call for this cruise (maybe because all it does is go from San Diego to Cabo and back) but Benji said he would just charge my husband and me $35 each and then we will hope to pick up others at the pier. we are traveling with some others who might be interested, but they are a large family and he won't have room for all of them, so they might not go.

Nancy

Sounds great Nancy! You won't be disappointed!!!! I would bet my bottom $$$$ that others will be joining you

Cabo is very small and the entire town is walkable. There is only one road near Medano where the taxi will drop you off. You will be at the very beginning of the beach between Baja Cantina and the Office. You do have to walk on the sand which can be difficult because the beach is quite sloped and the sand is really course. From one end of the beach (Baja Cantina) to the very end (Tabascos) would be about a 10-15 minute walk depending on how fast you walk.

Hi househunter, in your opinion, is it worth it to hire a taxi for a few hours to tour the area and town, or is it better to just be dropped off in town and tour on our own?

You mentioned Baja Cantina to Tabascos is 10-15 min, how far is this from Cabo? Thanks.

Charlie

Hi househunter, in your opinion, is it worth it to hire a taxi for a few hours to tour the area and town, or is it better to just be dropped off in town and tour on our own?

You mentioned Baja Cantina to Tabascos is 10-15 min, how far is this from Cabo? Thanks.

Charlie

I am confused by your question. All of places I have mentioned are in Cabo. As I posted in the thread that you quoted Cabo is a very small town and easily walkable. If you are planning on heading to the beach and don't want to walk you can take a taxi or a water taxi.

We don't have much of a roll call for this cruise (maybe because all it does is go from San Diego to Cabo and back) but Benji said he would just charge my husband and me $35 each and then we will hope to pick up others at the pier. we are traveling with some others who might be interested, but they are a large family and he won't have room for all of them, so they might not go.

Nancy

Hi, I see that you are going on a tour with Benjy. My wife and I plus our two toddlers are doing the same on our Spirit cruise on 3/24. We were a little concerned to go now with what happened on the Puerto Vallarta excursion (I know Cabo and P.V. are not the same), but it now has us questioning if we should go this far from port with the little ones.

So...I was wondering if you wouldn't mind reporting back on here when you returned to give me your opinion of the tour with regards to safety and traveling it with toddlers.

Thank you in advance. -Joe

I have heard that toward the end of Medano Beach it is much quieter. Can the water taxi get you closer to the end of the beach or is it the same as the taxi that drops off at the beginning of the beach?

I have heard that toward the end of Medano Beach it is much quieter. Can the water taxi get you closer to the end of the beach or is it the same as the taxi that drops off at the beginning of the beach?

The water will drop you off wherever you would like. Tabascos is the last beach bar.on the beach and it is very quiet there

• 3 weeks later...
I'd be happy to!

His name is Benjamin (Benjy) Sanchez

His email is:

benjytour@hotmail.com

Cell Phone:

044-669-142-8839

Cabo Tours- 2 hrs. $25/person

Cabo & San Jose- $35/person

His van can hold 15 passengers. And you can hire him for $50/hour, minimum 3 hours. (And yes you can barter with him)

I would suggest emailing him, he responds very quickly! He is very reliable, kind, honest and most of all knowledgeable.

Make sure you mention our names as he will take excellent care of you!

Catherine & Frank

We were in Cabo last week, 3/13/12, and can't say enough good about Benjamin Sanchez. At first we thought there would only be two of us and he would have to pick up others at the pier, but in the end we filled his van with people from our family group. He told us the tour would be about 3 1/2 hours, but it was much longer than that. He took us to San Jose, stopping to show us some of the big resorts along the way, and then back to Cabo. He found an out-of-the-way place for us to eat in San Jose, which was delicious. He was friendly, speaks English well, and the whole day was a delight! We even went to a glass factory to watch them blow glass.

I would certainly use him again! (I hadn't read that we could have hired him for $50 an hour, so we all paid $35 each as agreed. Still MUCH cheaper than the ship's excursions, and he would have taken us anywhere we wanted to go.) He had plenty of water and beer in a cooler. I should have told him none of us drink beer, and he would have brought more soda. My fault, not his.

If we ever go to Cabo again, I hope Benji is still there!

Nancy

We want to add a mug from the Cabo Starbucks to our collection. Where is it located in relation to the pier? Is it a safe, easy walk to get there?

YOU TOO?????!!!!!! I collect them from everywhere and would be THRILLED if I could get one from Cabo!!! I hope someone has an answer for you!!!

We were in Cabo last week, 3/13/12, and can't say enough good about Benjamin Sanchez. At first we thought there would only be two of us and he would have to pick up others at the pier, but in the end we filled his van with people from our family group. He told us the tour would be about 3 1/2 hours, but it was much longer than that. He took us to San Jose, stopping to show us some of the big resorts along the way, and then back to Cabo. He found an out-of-the-way place for us to eat in San Jose, which was delicious. He was friendly, speaks English well, and the whole day was a delight! We even went to a glass factory to watch them blow glass.

I would certainly use him again! (I hadn't read that we could have hired him for $50 an hour, so we all paid $35 each as agreed. Still MUCH cheaper than the ship's excursions, and he would have taken us anywhere we wanted to go.) He had plenty of water and beer in a cooler. I should have told him none of us drink beer, and he would have brought more soda. My fault, not his.

If we ever go to Cabo again, I hope Benji is still there!

Nancy

So happy that you were so thrilled with Benjy!!! Don't want to say I told you so...but...I told you so!!!! I hope others on this board will take notice of this as you certainly can't go wrong with Benjy in every aspect!!!!

So happy that you were so thrilled with Benjy!!! Don't want to say I told you so...but...I told you so!!!! I hope others on this board will take notice of this as you certainly can't go wrong with Benjy in every aspect!!!!

Alright so I have to thank all of you on here for the Benjy tip. He was absolutely amazing. We ended up hiring him both days in Cabo. We didn't plan it that way, but had such a great time the first day we asked if he was available the second. We actually took back a bunch of his cards for our friends. I think we have enough business to keep him busy for a while. Thanks again!

Alright so I have to thank all of you on here for the Benjy tip. He was absolutely amazing. We ended up hiring him both days in Cabo. We didn't plan it that way, but had such a great time the first day we asked if he was available the second. We actually took back a bunch of his cards for our friends. I think we have enough business to keep him busy for a while. Thanks again!

How did you reach him? I have sent two emails, as we will be in Cabo May 25th, but no answer!!:(

Frank

• 2 weeks later...
How did you reach him? I have sent two emails, as we will be in Cabo May 25th, but no answer!!:(

Frank

His name is Benjamin (Benjy) Sanchez

His email is:

benjytour@hotmail.com

Cell Phone:

044-669-142-8839

Cabo Tours- 2 hrs. $25/person

Cabo & San Jose- $35/person

His van can hold 15 passengers. And you can hire him for $50/hour, minimum 3 hours. (And yes you can barter with him)

I would suggest emailing him, he responds very quickly! He is very reliable, kind, honest and most of all knowledgeable.

Make sure you mention our names as he will take excellent care of you!

Catherine & Frank

Apparently it is on Marina Blvd. near the Hard Rock Cafe.

Star Bucks and Hard Rock Cafe are both located in Plaza Bonita which is near the big mall, Puerto Paraiso. If you stand in front of Senor Frogs and look straight across the marina, you will see a peach and blue colored building with the name Plaza Bonita. It is about a 25-30 minute walk from the tender pier. Take the steps up to the left of the No Where Bar and continue straight until you reach the street, you will see both Star Bucks and Hard Rock.

We want to add a mug from the Cabo Starbucks to our collection. Where is it located in relation to the pier? Is it a safe, easy walk to get there?

Cabo is very safe. Its more like San Deigo then Mexico. We just returned from a week in Cabo and we walked around all the time, even at night and never once felt unsafe.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be in Cabo in June and I am also going to email Benjy. There are 7 of us in our party. Can I book all 7 of us for the hourly rate, for a total of $150.00. He has received great reviews on this board.

We will be in Cabo in June and I am also going to email Benjy. There are 7 of us in our party. Can I book all 7 of us for the hourly rate, for a total of $150.00. He has received great reviews on this board.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to reach Benjy Sanchez by email for the last week with no success for a tour of Cabo on June 26 or 27th.

I tried calling his phone number with no success just today.

The number posted was 044-669-142-8839.

I broke up number posted into:

044 - the number needed from Mexican land line to Mexican cell phone.

669 - the area code for Mazatlan (the area code for Cabo is 624, maybe Benjy bought his cell phone/ service in Mazatlan)

1428839 - original phone number.

I added:

011 - International dialing out of US

52 - code for Mexico

1 - prefix for calling Mexican cell phone number

So, I dialed:

011-52-1-669-142-8839... with no answer just ringing.

Did anyone contact him with a different phone number?

Thanks in advance!

I'm trying to reach Benjy Sanchez by email for the last week with no success for a tour of Cabo on June 26 or 27th.

I tried calling his phone number with no success just today.

The number posted was 044-669-142-8839.

I broke up number posted into:

044 - the number needed from Mexican land line to Mexican cell phone.

669 - the area code for Mazatlan (the area code for Cabo is 624, maybe Benjy bought his cell phone/ service in Mazatlan)

1428839 - original phone number.

I added:

011 - International dialing out of US

52 - code for Mexico

1 - prefix for calling Mexican cell phone number

So, I dialed:

011-52-1-669-142-8839... with no answer just ringing.

Did anyone contact him with a different phone number?

Thanks in advance!

That would be the correct way to dial from the US.

Archived