just back, constellation 4/2-4/9

1skier1

this is our second cruise, both on the constellation.. this time was even better than the last, excellent service, the food was great, ocean liners was unbelievable and beautiful weather.. i will write a longer review soon and will be happy to answer any questions...

Hi Peg:D Isn't that the truth!

I want to sail to Alaska next summer. Finally going on Horizon to Bermuda:) next one I really want to do is Alaska!!!!

And I love X:D

Hi Lois,

I would also love to do Alaska next summer. My DH has really no interest in that cruise. I would love to either do the Infinity again, or the Summit (which is the only M Class I haven't done).

I had to laugh when someone mentioned being bored on the Constellation. Last month I took 2 books with me. I thought I would enjoy sitting on the aft balcony with a good book. Well, I read about 10 pages! Didn't have time. We woke every morning at six, and didn't go to bed until one. Too much to do, and so many martinis to drink...

Mari

1skier1, glad you had such a nice time- we really enjoyed the Constellation last Fall.

I can't imagine a better cruise than one with good food, a few books and little or no entertainment! I love those port days when I feel as though I have the ship to myself, and can nap, read, stroll on the deck (yes, all the way around the top deck- no it's not teak, but the views are wonderful!)

Besides, a cruise for me is mostly about relaxing and about the wonderful people I meet, including a bunch of CC'ers on the last trip. They BECOME the entertainment! But I agree with Mari, that I'm always more exhausted when I return from a cruise because there's always so much to do besides read my book! Not the least of which is being in the Martini Bar most evenings before dinner.;)

Lois and Mari- go for Alaska! It can be a more relaxing cruise, if you want, because several days are spent transiting places like the Inside Passage and Glacier Bay, where the scenery moves for you! Or if you want a more active cruise, in ports, there's always some adventure shore excursion- we white-water-rafted in Juneau- lots of fun! And everyone should see it at least once. I think Alaska has a bad rap of being only for those "with a lot of life experience" but we found it to be a wonderful and fun mix of ALL ages, nine to ninety.

Hi Andrew:) Alaska does get alot of varying voices. My Dad and his better 1/2 went there (2 years ago I think). It was their first time on Celebrity. They went on Infinity and said the service was probably the best of any cruise they had been on. But the ship was so big they felt a bit lost. Overall they had a good time but next time I think they would book a smaller ship.

And Clara said "Seeing Icebergs isn't all that fun";) .

I don't think they did a lot of the wonderful excursions that are offered. I told them they would have had more fun if they had gone early and stayed a few days after the cruise.

Now for me~C Class or M Class! I will sail either size:D

Hey Lois!:)

Not to be too pollyanna about it but the difference between being overwhelmed by the size of the M class ships and feeling comfortable seems to be directly correlated with the amount of time spent chatting on these boards. Now M class ships (which always seemed enormous after the 800 passenger ships I was used to) seem like home, especially deck five aft, port side before the dining room!;) (I mean, how many times can I rave about the Martini Bar?)

Andrew

Andrew:) You can rave about the Martini Bars (and the Martinis) all you want:D

Dad and Clara don't use a computer. He has enough trouble just doing email;)

They think it is fabulous that I meet folks on here though:). It is just not for them. They are both in their mid 80s and are healthy and love to travel~

If they want something from the computer, usually Dad will call me and ask me to do a search:)

Hi Peg:D Isn't that the truth!

I want to sail to Alaska next summer. Finally going on Horizon to Bermuda:) next one I really want to do is Alaska!!!!

And I love X:D

Lois, come to Alaska on the transition cruise leaving Vancouver on September 16. Check the port schedule. Fantastic!!!

Hi Liz, thanks for the invitation but I am going on Horizon to Bermuda on Sept 10th:D

Alaska will have to wait until the summer of 2006:)

Hey Lois!:)

Not to be too pollyanna about it but the difference between being overwhelmed by the size of the M class ships and feeling comfortable seems to be directly correlated with the amount of time spent chatting on these boards. Now M class ships (which always seemed enormous after the 800 passenger ships I was used to) seem like home, especially deck five aft, port side before the dining room!;) (I mean, how many times can I rave about the Martini Bar?)

Andrew

Hey, I didn't know that there was a Martini bar, I'll have to try it;)

Lois, to call Sue and John familiar with concept of the Martini Bar is like calling the ocean familiar with the concept of wet!

(oh no, I didn't just say that!:eek: )

Hey, kids, hope all's well with you! Have fun in the Baltics!

Andrew

ohh.....and here I thought I was helping out someone new to Martini Bars:eek:

Sue and John, drinks are on you then?:D

Okay, Andrew told on us:eek: I am somewhat familar with the martini bar:rolleyes: And would be happy to buy you a drink

Lois, to call Sue and John familiar with concept of the Martini Bar is like calling the ocean familiar with the concept of wet!

(oh no, I didn't just say that!:eek: )

Hey, kids, hope all's well with you! Have fun in the Baltics!

Andrew

Yes you did say that:eek: No jello shots for you:p

[quote name=Blazerboy. Now M class ships (which always seemed enormous after the 800 passenger ships I was used to) seem like home' date=' especially deck five aft, port side before the dining room!;) (I mean, how many times can I rave about the Martini Bar?)

[/quote]

We've been on the Summit and Constellation and the Martini Bar is outstanding! My routine is usually to show up a little after five, have a huge Van Gogh gin martini and the delicious breadsticks, nut mixture or Oriental mix, watch the early diners parading to dinner in their finery, then go to the Sushi Bar at 6:00, and enjoy very good sushi, especially the spicy red kimchi sauce, then go back down to the Martini Bar for another gin martini, and then to the room to get ready for dinner at 8:30. It sure beats poking a sharp stick in your eye.

On the Constellation to the Baltics last July/August, the famous Sudi wasn't there, so we missed seeing him. People seem to rave about him. One of the servers was named Jintana (from Thailand) and she was outstanding. On the Summit, the previous year, they served an oriental mix which had wasabi peas in it. On the Constellation, after the first few days, I didn't see any of the mix. I asked Jintana about it, and she scoured the ship and finally found some in the employee's dining room. From then on, it was breadsticks and Oriental mix. One day, she asked me what I liked the best in the mix, and I told her the wasabi peas. The next day, she produced an entire bowl of nothing but wasabi peas, which she had hand-picked out of the mixes. That kind of service knocked my socks off!

Allen

Hi Allen:) I met Sudi in December and he is outstanding! And that Martini Bar is beautiful too! Our group met there every evening before dinner~I am so glad I sailed the Constellation~Now I know I will sail any class of ship:D

And they knocked your socks off huh? You better watch how many martinis you drink, you wouldn't want to actually get knocked off the chair;)

Hi Allen:) I met Sudi in December and he is outstanding! And that Martini Bar is beautiful too! Our group met there every evening before dinner~I am so glad I sailed the Constellation~Now I know I will sail any class of ship:D

And they knocked your socks off huh? You better watch how many martinis you drink, you wouldn't want to actually get knocked off the chair;)

Lois, I made the mistake a couple of nights of having three gin martinis before dinner. I didn't get knocked off the chair, but the chair sure did seem to wobble and sway a lot.:o

Allen

Archived