ms Westerdam

T Rex

Hi TRex,

Thanks for posting your views. I found your comment about High Tea and the tea bags interesting. I never really thought about it before, but it does seem kind of tacky.

Sorry you didn't like the location of your cabin. If you booked with a TA, the TA should have informed you of the "wedding cake" configuration in the back of the ship. If you booked this yourself, using a net TA, you did not do enough research. When I read your original comment on this, I took it as you were informing others of the issue so they would be aware of the privacy issue. In my book there is nothing wrong wanting privacy.

I've really enjoyed the smartass replies by certain individuals. People asked what was wrong and I told them.

My letter to HAL is six pages long and growing. Obviously I cannot post my entire list here.

Attacking me personally for having an opinion about my cruise experience with this line is very small-minded.

Congratulations! You have succeeded in discouraging me from ever posting on this board again.

Bon voyage.

Nice slippers, Steve.

Post something negative and you will get attacked. I have been attacked just for thanking someone for posting their negative views. :rolleyes:

Some of the comments made are outright rude, childish, and uncalled for.

Gizmo - I agree. There are facts and there are opinions. Many of of us reading appreciate hearing both of those from people who take the time to review. A lot of what we read is strictly opinion. People have different experiences, standards, and priorities. Some of the things one of us might hate, another will love. Attack mode is common on the Internet and this board is no exception.

Scrumpy

Post something negative and you will get attacked. I have been attacked just for thanking someone for posting their negative views. :rolleyes:

You'll also get attacked for posting something positive. It's the nature of the beast.

What I don't understand, though, is the attacks on those who simply seek clarification, supporting facts, etc. in order to better evaluate comments and opinions - especially from first time posters.

Opinions are wonderful (everybody has them) but without context they give no guidance at all to those reading them. As Scrumpy said: "People have different experiences, standards, and priorities. Some of the things one of us might hate, another will love." And that's very true. But without knowing a person's standards, experiences and priorities it's hard to evaluate their opinions.

I know what you mean Dave. Some observations I take with a grain of salt because I am utterly clueless about a person's perspective and other times, they are fairly clear about their priorities and expectations. For example, the reputation for "older" passengers and those who are unhappy with the age range on their cruise. Personally, when I hear about high percentages of older people, I am happy about it. I hope it means that we will have more older people with us, too. That is one thing that I have heard about a lot here and while some prefer a younger set or have children and would prefer to have more of them around, I am the opposite. Food quality, in contrast, is subjective and often a matter of personal preference, so I am not sure how much those comments are helpful to me. Hot food served cold is fairly straightward, but beyond that I mostly disregard the food comments.

Scrumpy

• 4 years later...

I appreciate someone's right to complain but if they start to complain about every little thing, it makes me wonder if they are just a complainer. I have been on the Westerdam and found none of the problems this person did. As a matter of fact, we've booked her again for October.

I appreciate someone's right to complain but if they start to complain about every little thing, it makes me wonder if they are just a complainer. I have been on the Westerdam and found none of the problems this person did. As a matter of fact, we've booked her again for October.

Just curious -- why bring up a thread that is over 4 years old?

There have been major changes on the Westerdam in the last four years!

Just curious -- why bring up a thread that is over 4 years old?

Krazy Kruisers, The poster could have revived it without looking at the original OP date?

I know that today I was looking at the Foodies forum today and noted a thread that piqued my interest and one message that definitely got me to respond. When I realized Afterwards that the post I was referencing was from 2006, I tried to delete my response. Unfortunately, I could not. Apparently, you have 15 minutes to compose and edit (come to your senses) or you lose the ability to retract what you have done.:eek: Perhaps that is the same reason??

High Tea consists of loose leaf tea properly brewed and served and fresh cakes and sandwiches.

I can buy a box of Lipton for $2 and swill bilge water at home. In this instance, I paid $2000 (roughly) to drink bilge water on the high seas instead. I was looking for the package experience and counting on HAL's great reputation to deliver.

I was robbed.

T-Rex, some suggestions:

1. Crystal

2. Silversea

3. Regent Seven Seas

4. The Yachts of Seabourn

Oh, and The Empress in Victoria, BC for high tea! They serve it w/o bilge water

Good luck to you!

Archived