Cruise Critic Community
lmbecker

"Designer" Purses for sale?

My next cruise doesn't have St. Thomas on it's itinerary. Most everyone (well, perhaps mainly women) who has been to downtown St.Thomas knows that there is an open air market selling wonderful purses, wallets, and other leather goods. I've never been to St. Kitts, and am wanting to know, if by chance, the vendors sell these items? I am not hopeful though, as for some reason, I've only ever seen the purses for sale by street vendors at St. Thomas, not at Puerto Rico, Nassau, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Costa Maya, Belize, Antigua, etc..Regardless, I'll thoroughly enjoy the day, lots to see, lots to do.

Thanks for a response.

I just got back from a western Caribbean cruise that included the port of Belize City. They had shops there selling designer purses for good prices. They even had luggage, computer sleeves, briefcases, etc. Brands that I saw included: Coach, Louis Vuitton, Fendi, among lots of others. Nice! I wish that I had been able to spend more time to shop there. I will be in St. THomas the first of APril and I'm looking forward to taking a little time out for shopping! We'll be in St. Kitts as well, but I'm not sure what they have there. Wish I could've been more help. have fun!:)

Hello,

You will find a broad range of vendors at the cruise port in St. Kitts that have many different brands of designer purses. I bought a Coach while there on a S. Caribbean cruise back in May & cost $65. You are sure to find one for your taste. Have a great trip!

Thank you both for a response. Pam, when you go to St. Thomas, take plenty of $10 and $20 bills. The sight of Gucci, Coach, Burberry items stacked 3 ft. high, will be breathtaking! $50 for a purse! They set up everyday in the square downtown. Don't be put off by some of the seedy looking vendors selling cheep tee shirts and voodoo items, just march straight to the designer vendors!

Edited by lmbecker

St. Kitts hase many, many shops around port that sell "replica" purses and luggage. Some of them are obviously cheap, some aren't. I'm convinced the entire set of shops is owned by the same people.

I have to say though, I bought several "replica" scarves. At a 3 for $30 price, they were a pretty good price as plain old scarves, but when the also looked like Burberry, Hermes, and Louis Vuitton...well that was just a bonus.

Sort of wished I had picked up a few more of those.

Edited by Ruggled

Thank you both for a response. Pam, when you go to St. Thomas, take plenty of $10 and $20 bills. The sight of Gucci, Coach, Burberry items stacked 3 ft. high, will be breathtaking! $50 for a purse! They set up everyday in the square downtown. Don't be put off by some of the seedy looking vendors selling cheep tee shirts and voodoo items, just march straight to the designer vendors!

Thanks for the tip! I can't wait! Don't know how in the world I will be able to choose:D

Correct me if I am wrong, but its common knowledge that these "vendors" are selling fake knockoffs, not genuine designer bags, right?. You can also get these knockoffs at any beachtown boardwalk, like Atlantic City.

Correct me if I am wrong, but its common knowledge that these "vendors" are selling fake knockoffs, not genuine designer bags, right?. You can also get these knockoffs at any beachtown boardwalk, like Atlantic City.

yes, it's just fun :D

St. Kitts hase many, many shops around port that sell "replica" purses and luggage. Some of them are obviously cheap, some aren't. I'm convinced the entire set of shops is owned by the same people.

I have to say though, I bought several "replica" scarves. At a 3 for $30 price, they were a pretty good price as plain old scarves, but when the also looked like Burberry, Hermes, and Louis Vuitton...well that was just a bonus.

Sort of wished I had picked up a few more of those.

I agree, when on last cruise and shopping in St.Kitts witnessed many times shop workers "running" just across or down a bit to get a size from another store location-often getting on phone to do so. Well known- just knock offs. They are quite pushy, and insist they "have your size" or just what you are looking for. Not my favorite shopping port.

Edited by Buffettfan 225