• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Carlos & Charlies really fun? other info. on Aruba

rlanting

What I have read Carlos & Charlies is the place to go at night? :confused: Can anyone tell me if that is true and if so what time should we get there to have a table.

:) :)

Also looking for any other information on Aruba, We would like to go Snorkeling and do a little shopping before we go out.

:D :D

Thank you for your help.

C 'n C's would have been fun had everyone not been 10 drinks ahead of us when we arrived probably. As a sober person, they all looked like they were at a frat party :) I'm really glad we got there late though or we would have missed some other great bars/clubs: Cafe Bahia right next door (no cover, live entertainment, big screen TV, and drinks at 1/2 the price-twice at strong as C 'n C's)..... Choose your Name Bar/Grill- across the main street and you'll see the neon lights on the 2nd floor. Great view of the ship and a fantastic live Salsa Band (local hangout 25-40ish, $9 cover you can get waived if you try).

There were alot of folks complaining how much they spent at Carlos 'n Charlies and after it was all said and done, they did have fun, but wished they had ventured out elsewhere. I prefer trying local establishments and not a franchise.

About some of the things to do during the day ??

Any suggestions Mumbas Beach was something I was checking out or maybe a snorkel trip in the morning ??

Also one last thing are the drinks cheaper at places like Mumbas or Carlos & Charlies compared to the Ship ??

Thank you for your help :) :)

I was in Aruba last thursday, we were in port 7a-11p, and had a great time. We went on a snorkling trip that left from Moomba beach (Jolly Pirates) they snorkled at three stops, one at the big shipwreck. After the 2nd stop they break out out the rope swing, all the while rum punch and pina coladas were flowing freely. After the snorkling trip there was still plenty of time to hang out at Moomba beach and drink. Local beers there were $3 (10oz size), Coors light and the like were $5.50. However, we did meet up with a couple of guys that were getting free beers from the hotels just telling them they were thinking of coming to Aruba again and looking for a hotel to stay in and they were getting free beers.

As far as C & C and the other bar/clubs there at the pier, we were there at about 7pm and there was nothing going on until about an hour later. At C &C yard drinks were $12 and refills were $10, beers were about $5 ( I don't think yard size). There is a place across the street and down a littlebit that has frozen drinks for $5.

Have a great time!

when we sailed the destiny we were in aruba until 10pm. Look up no name bar on the net in aruba. we had just missed happy hr. 5-8 or 6-9 it was about $30 for food and all your drinks. a great $$ deal. The prices are high, but at iguanna joes the drinks are literally carafe sizes for 7-10$. so it's 2 plus drinks in one. mamba jambas,, right next door had an stool siting area around the parimeter which overlooked the strip. we like to people watch and it was fun... both are in the shopping area, one block from thepier... can't miss it. no names is up one street... just ask anyone... the folks there are the most pleasant we've found on any island and it's easy to find, neighborhood is safe.

forgot to mention. carlos and carlies, a block from the pier, really kicks in by 7pm. by 730 there was a 45 min wait at the door. 1/2 the crowd might already be a bit trashed... teens to grandma's.... it's an experience:D If you've never been, and don't mind having a drink or two it's great to see as C&C are all over the caribbean... they're all about the same... see if it's for you. A lot of techno music... which was NOT for us, but hey we experienced it

• 2 weeks later...

The Moomba Beach mentioned above, sounds like fun during the day, does anyone else have any info. on Moomba beach or anything else during the day??

I would also like to go Snorkling during the day is the jolly pirates the one to go with??

Thanks again for all the info. :) :)

Hey Folks,

I'm on the Destiny soon and I am apprehensive about Carnival to begin with but I'm young (23). I'm going with mom and I want her to experience Carlos N Charlies as well as Senor Frogs in Puerto Rico. I loved CNC when I was in Cozumel. You think the experiences would be the same?

About the music, was it just techno or did it have words too? (Ie, other genres like dance and house?)

I can't wait to sail on this itinerary. It's going to be my time to party it up! I just hope my liver keeps up! :cool:

~Jake

About some of the things to do during the day ??

Any suggestions Mumbas Beach was something I was checking out or maybe a snorkel trip in the morning ??

Also one last thing are the drinks cheaper at places like Mumbas or Carlos & Charlies compared to the Ship ??

Thank you for your help :) :)

Any suggestions for during the day. :D

• 1 month later...
I'd suggest that you rent a jeep and explore the island during the day. Go to the natural bridge and the natural pool. Great world class shopping downtown. It's really easy to drive around the island with any good map from the rental car company.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

Thanks maybe fun... have you ever used one of the Jeep tours ??

Thanks again :)

Hey Folks,

I'm on the Destiny soon and I am apprehensive about Carnival to begin with but I'm young (23). I'm going with mom and I want her to experience Carlos N Charlies as well as Senor Frogs in Puerto Rico. I loved CNC when I was in Cozumel. You think the experiences would be the same?

About the music, was it just techno or did it have words too? (Ie, other genres like dance and house?)

I can't wait to sail on this itinerary. It's going to be my time to party it up! I just hope my liver keeps up! :cool:

~Jake[/quote

We sailed on the Destiny last year and had a blast. Great itinerary. We had a great time at CNC's. We have been to Senior Frog's before and it is the same type of experience IMO. They played all kinds of different music too. Hope you and your liver have a great time!

• 3 months later...

No Problems at this Bar only took us about 10 Min. to get in after 8:00pm as we grabed the dinner on the ship.

We had a few folks from my group already there (infact if you get there before 8:00 no cover) so we hit their table and the Party began, the Congo line was fun and not long after my wife and other were up on the table dancing...

We had folks coming over and joining our group and it was one big happy party..... Most all leave about the same time about 45 min. befor cruise time to make sure to be back. We walked right on with our Drinks and straight up on deck to con't. the party many others did the same (lot's of Carlo's Cups up on deck)

I would say this is a great Party, Jello shots are fun too. Thanks Randy :) :)

Archived