Costa Concordia sinking (merged threads)

ItalianGuest

Yes - They were found between the hull and the rocks...

...must have fallen/jumped overboard and become trapped/drowned when the ship rolled over.

Terrible way to die - I hope that Schettino pays dearly for his hubris.

As long as we're "going there", my initial thought was that the current pushed them along post mortem until they rested there. I know it's terrible to even speculate but that is my thought. Those poor passengers. Honestly.

As long as we're "going there", my initial thought was that the current pushed them along post mortem until they rested there. I know it's terrible to even speculate but that is my thought. Those poor passengers. Honestly.

Agreed.

It is difficult to believe that the blame for this kind of tragedy can begin and end with one man - though it would appear to be Carnival's strategy.

Who knows? Might work.

Agreed.

It is difficult to believe that the blame for this kind of tragedy can begin and end with one man - though it would appear to be Carnival's strategy.

Who knows? Might work.

Oh it works all the time! No question he was a rogue but they are handily throwing him under the bus when the sail bys were a very public and relatively common gesture. Also- he appears to have a record of "misfortune", although whether that is legit or more of the bus throwing strategy I can't tell.

Schettino is not the only person responsible. Where were the rest of the bridge officers at the time of the accident?

It does not matter where the other bridge officers were..

According to Maritime Law the Captain always is responsible, with few exceptions, one of which is when the ship is transiting the Panama Canal...Other exceptions could also be when the ship is transiting other canals too, but I'm not sure of it..

Even when a pilot is on board & actually piloting the ship into & out of a port or up & down the Amazon, the final responsibibility falls on the Cqaptain..

Therefore, he is the only one responsible for this accident..

Cheers...Betty

Archived