"LIVE" From the Allure of the Seas - 15 - 22 January 2012

Hi Trainman,

Thank you so much for posting pics of your cabin. We are in cabin 11662 in September (assuming this is the same layout as yours just 5 decks up). I don't mind this configuration at all. Looking forward to the rest of your cruise review. My son and I watched you sail away yesterday and wished we were aboard. Our time will be here soon. Enjoy the rest of your vacation. Safe travels.

Kristen

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Judith and I had a nice nap this afternoon. (We are on vacation from being retired)

It has been blustery all day and lots of passengers are wearing their RCI Robes all over the ship.

There was plenty of room on the pool deck today. Temperatures were supposed to hit the high 70's but the wind made it feel chilly.

We are about to head up to the Concierge Lounge to meet Rev. We are all dining at 150 Central Park tonight. Tomorrow night we are dining at the Chef's Table.

The internet connection is still very slow it I have had trouble uploading photos. It is unpleasant to sit and watch the system churning away knowing that I am paying $.30/minute.

More later...

I never touch the railings...it's an extra workout...up and down the stairs with no support. And a lot less germs!

I never touch the railings either, never have and don't plan to. Can only imagine what "germs" may be lurking there! :eek:

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Judith and I had a nice nap this afternoon. (We are on vacation from being retired)

It has been blustery all day and lots of passengers are wearing their RCI Robes all over the ship.

There was plenty of room on the pool deck today. Temperatures were supposed to hit the high 70's but the wind made it feel chilly.

We are about to head up to the Concierge Lounge to meet Rev. We are all dining at 150 Central Park tonight. Tomorrow night we are dining at the Chef's Table.

The internet connection is still very slow it I have had trouble uploading photos. It is unpleasant to sit and watch the system churning away knowing that I am paying $.30/minute.

More later...

hows the latin band in boleros

Our cabin is No 6662 on the starboard side. It is only 4 doors forward of the entrance to the aft elevator lobby.

Truly, about as good a location as you could ask for.

However, the cabin layout is "backwards" and we don't like it but here we are and we will live with it. The worst part is that the closet is so close to the bed that it is difficult go get into and out of it.

I have heard about these backward cabins and now I know to make sure I never book one again.

DSCN4293.jpg

DSCN4294.jpg

We had a backwards cabin last year on Allure. I didn"t like it at all. The room service people always had a time getting around the bed with the tray(s) of food and closet access was always an issue.

We had a backwards cabin last year on Allure. I didn"t like it at all. The room service people always had a time getting around the bed with the tray(s) of food and closet access was always an issue.

The modular cabin setup is the wave of the future, where cabins are prebuilt as a pair, one where the bed is by the closet and the other where the bed is close to the sliding balcony door. RCI used it for the Oasis duo and Celebrity used it for the S class quintet.

Our cabin is No 6662 on the starboard side. It is only 4 doors forward of the entrance to the aft elevator lobby.

Truly, about as good a location as you could ask for.

However, the cabin layout is "backwards" and we don't like it but here we are and we will live with it. The worst part is that the closet is so close to the bed that it is difficult go get into and out of it.

Trainman, I agree with you, we didn't like our "backwards" cabin either on the Allure. It was so hard to put things in or get out because bed is so close to the closet. That was our only complain, otherwise we loved the ship and had a great time.

I have heard about these backward cabins and now I know to make sure I never book one again.

When we booked our next Allure cruise we made sure that we have bed by the balcony.

We are in cabin 11662 in September (assuming this is the same layout as yours just 5 decks up). I don't mind this configuration at all.

Kristen

I have stayed in cabin 11662 on the Allure and can confirm that you'll have same layout as Trainman's and Judith's cabin.

Trainman - Really enjoying your pictures and the review and waiting for more!

A First for Me on an RCI Ship!

A young Mom & Dad changing their baby's diaper on the stairs near the elevator lobby only 30' or so from a Ladies Room with a Baby Changing Table.

Sorry about the photo quality but I shot it "on the fly"! The low quality serves to protect the identity of the parents and maintain a proper level of decorum here on CC.

DSCN4292.jpg

Believe me nothing surprises me anymore. Just when you thought you saw it all.

We had an excellent dinner at 150 Central Park tonight!

Judith and I ate at 150 CP on the Oasis awhile back and didn't like it at all. It is a 7 course meal, and it was too long between the courses. We ended up sitting and staring at each other.

Tonight was much better! We told them up front that we wanted the courses served promptly one after the other and they did pretty good.

Here we are...

DSCN4310.jpg

This was the main course, the Root Bear Molasses Glazed Duck Breast.

DSCN4311.jpg

Note that the amount of food is small. But the staff explained everything on the plate and everything was good except that none of us liked the Pan Roasted Monkfish.

150 Central Park is truly a "Fine Dining" experience and I recommend it highly.

Don't forget to tell them to minimize the time between courses.

Loud, Boisterous Adults In the Concierge Lounge!

We have a "Gang of Eight" who staked out a large table in the corner near the entrance.

Last night nobody expect their high volume activities.

Tonight everyone knew better and all of the tables around them were empty.

People were dragging chairs across the room to avoid them.

We really appreciate it Trainman!

I second that! Excellent pictures as usual.

I am wondering something though... How many passengers are talking about the Costa Concordia? Or is that the incident that must not be named on a ship??

Tuesday - Day 3 - Labadee

Good Morning Everyone,

It was blustery last night and our balcony was dripping wet with condensation this morning. When we went to bed, wind blown spray was passing the balcony in little clouds.

The first photo this morning was before we slowed down.

DSCN4314.jpg

When I left the cabin to head down to the Cafe Promenade for coffee, they were testing the green emergency lights along the floor in the hallway.

DSCN4313.jpg

When I returned from the Promenade, we had slowed and it was getting lighter.

DSCN4316.jpg

It looks like it is going to be a good day at the beach today.

Rev as rented a cabana and invited us to join her so we will be going ashore in awhile.

Yesterday afternoon on the Boardwalk they had all kinds of kid activities. The Face Painting Cart was very popular.

DSCN4300.jpg

DSCN4302.jpg

We went to the Ice Cream Store and got a Vanilla Milk Shake for me and a Root Beer Float for Judith for only $9.49.

Could you get the number of the Cabana you are staying in and take a few pictures from it showing the view. I believe there are like 4 types and priced depending on their location. Standard , Beachside, Over the Water and Hilltop. S's, B's, W's and H's

Jimbo:)

Archived