Valor Photo Review ~ January 1-8 ~ Western: Westin, Chankanaab, Bannister, Maya Key

Aviendah

I really debated hard on this one! I haven't taken enough time to figure out my camera but I love taking photos. Most of what I shoot is in the Auto mode to be honest. I brought my Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home camera bag and put chargers in a separate case. It was a lot to lug around but it was worth it to me to have the visual memories. I make Shutterfly albums of all our trips so even though the family gets tired of holding cameras at times, they love the books. I put my Crumpler bag inside my beach bag when in port. I found myself using the Sigma for most of my shots. I got it right before we left and I couldn't put it down! It does create some distortion at the widest point but I'm not a professional so it doesn't bother me overmuch. I can fix some of it in Photoshop Elements if I take the time.

• Nikon D40 (got the super wide lens instead of upgrading the camera body)
  • SB 400 Flash with diffuser
  • Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD LD
  • Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM
  • Canon PowerShot SD980IS with Canon underwater housing
  • Sony HD Handycam

I visited the photography discussion forum on these boards and got some really good advice. I'll post the link here.

Super Wide Lens Discussion

I bought the Sigma prior to my Med cruise, it was excellent to use. I had a hard time when I wanted to switch lenses. I carry a PacSafe CamSage. It carries the body and 2 lenses. I also stash a small Point and Shoot in there, passport, debit cards, lip gloss. All fit perfectly.

I bought the Sigma prior to my Med cruise, it was excellent to use. I had a hard time when I wanted to switch lenses. I carry a PacSafe CamSage. It carries the body and 2 lenses. I also stash a small Point and Shoot in there, passport, debit cards, lip gloss. All fit perfectly.

I've been debating which PacSafe bag to get! Thank you very much for this post and describing the contents. We are going to St. Lucia in March and my camera will be a little more exposed there. The PacSafe bags are highly recommended it seems.

I've been debating which PacSafe bag to get! Thank you very much for this post and describing the contents. We are going to St. Lucia in March and my camera will be a little more exposed there. The PacSafe bags are highly recommended it seems.

Yes, it was great! I use it all the time...I used it recently when I was downtown for the Superbowl and it worked out well. I was telling my mom I love just using it as a purse because it's so nice and safe as well. I think I have the PacSafe CamSafe 200, the larger of the 2. The smaller one doesn't look as if it would hold much.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...