Zuiderdam/Preferred Deck?

Sophiesmom2

Hi Sophies Mom,

My opinion only - try to book a VA at the back of the ship. The verandas are much larger than those on the side of the ship. The verandas are exposed to the sun and people can look down from the upper decks so there is no privacy, but the size of the verandas is great! Also, watching the wake is a plus! We book deck 5.

When I sailed the Zuiderdam, we were in a corner aft suite. The verandah's are alot larger in the aft location and are well worth it. If you can, book a corner aft suite, they are spectacular, if not, then definately get the aft VA, you won't be sorry.

If, like me, you prefer NOT to have every yahoo leaning over the Lido railing commenting on your activities on your verandah; NOT to have to occasionally wipe the soot off your verandah furniture; NOT to have to walk what seems like miles to get to anything and NOT to have no shade on your verandah; then -

Book a mid-ship AA on the Upper Verandah deck. Not the one next to the glass elevator, but the one two in from the elevator (6080 or 6089). Close to everything, both sun and shade and no "peeping"!

Doone:

We are in 5187 in December (can't wait!). Did you have problems with people contantly looking down into your aft balcony (like the previous poster said)? I hadn't read much about this really being an issue and wanted to get your experience. We had an aft on Princess last year and just loved it (although it wasn't open to the cabins above).

Also pick a cabin where your balcony sticks out further than the one next to you. The ones where the ships cabins move in a little. Hope this is clear. But I think some of you know what i am talking about. Look at a deck plan to see. Th ecabin that is further out bolcks your view partially. I was on the Carnival Legend and found this out.

Kelfly, I am so excited for you to have this spectacular cabin and the incredible verandah. It didn't bother us if someone looked over, we weren't sitting out there naked. People on the Lido Deck would look over the railing, who knows if they were looking at us or not, who cared, we just enjoyed our verandah to the max.

Also, I might add, we never had a problem with trash, soot or anything else coming on our deck.

Enjoy this cabin, its absolutely incredible.

My DH has decided to "surprise" me with a cruise to the Western Carribean in July. We will be booking a category "VA" room. Any suggestions on the best/preferred deck? Your help is ALWAYS appreciated! :)

What date are you going? We are sailing on July30th western caribbean. We picked a catagory VA aft on the Navigation deck.

We did a guarantee cabin once but never again. didn't like the location at all. We have a VA cabin, 7131 for Sept 10 & 17th.. AFT.. I hear the balconies are wonderful..

From now on, I want to know exactly where our cabin in and make the decision on that fact, rather than hope for an upgrade. doesn't seem to happen often anyway.

Well, we almost waited until it was too late as most of the portside cabins are booked. We booked a category VA, Room 7008. Our TA "assured" us this was a great cabin??!! How big are the balconies, in comparison to Princess & Carnival?

We're on the 07/02/05 Western Carribean sailing. Can't wait!

We just returned from the Z on the 4/9 sailing and were in 8120 on the navigation deck right under the aft pool very noisy at 6-6:30 AM setting up deck chairs, on the deck party under the stars so loud it shook our tv set and anything not tied down. also we like to lean on our balcany raling and not have people above looking down and talking to us as well as their drinks dripping on our head and chips flying onto our balcony. So in my opinion book any deck in the VA cat. besides the navigation and you will most likely have a perfect cruise! Our cabin location was our only complaint. Great cruise!

Uh-oh! We are booked into 8090 (SS), which is just a hop, skip and a jump from 8120. I'm not great on reading the deck plans either. Think we will have trouble? That'd be the other side of the elevators, so I hope not. Sorry you had the noise, privacy and "drip" issues. That's a shame.

Thanks,

Scrumpy

We just returned from the Z on the 4/9 sailing and were in 8120 on the navigation deck right under the aft pool very noisy at 6-6:30 AM setting up deck chairs, on the deck party under the stars so loud it shook our tv set and anything not tied down. also we like to lean on our balcany raling and not have people above looking down and talking to us as well as their drinks dripping on our head and chips flying onto our balcony. So in my opinion book any deck in the VA cat. besides the navigation and you will most likely have a perfect cruise! Our cabin location was our only complaint. Great cruise!

Archived