• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Any questions about the Millie (Eastern Carib)

smiley

HI Smiley: I going on the Millie this Sun. This is my First Celebrity Cruise. I'll take any info you have. Food,Entertainment or any suggestions. Was there any particular night that the food for dinner,wasn't that great that I can go to the Olympic. Usually the last night isn't so good.Do you remember much about the dinners? Also were trying to get a table for 2,did you see many?

Thanks for your help, Joe

HI Smiley: I going on the Millie this Sun. This is my First Celebrity Cruise. I'll take any info you have. Food,Entertainment or any suggestions. Was there any particular night that the food for dinner,wasn't that great that I can go to the Olympic. Usually the last night isn't so good.Do you remember much about the dinners? Also were trying to get a table for 2,did you see many?

Thanks for your help, Joe

We went to the Olympic on Thursday-which I understand was one of the best nights in the Restaurant-I missed the crapes :). You're right I had a great meal every night except the last night, nothing appealed to me and ended up getting Beef Checks-I didn’t realize they were actual beef cheeks-yuck, I tired it and it was the only time I sent it back.

Don't miss the Comedian, he was very good. I was so tired though and fell asleep. They tech problems with one of the Production shows so they didn't show it? (Friday night) Also don't miss the aerialists, they were great.

I didn't find the buffets that great and we ate lunch everyday at the Aqua Spa! The food there was VERY GOOD! We also went to the formal tea in the dining room (1st sea day) and enjoyed that.

The Olympic was wonderful, We both got the stake Diane. We didn't do the wine with it, but still ordered both soup and the goat cheese soufflé, no problem. Portions are bigger there than in the dining room and we were too full for the cheese course.

We tried for a table for 2 as well, but couldn't get one. Search under my name a wrote a few things about my recent trip.

What did you do in Casa de Campo?

My DH played golf at Teeth of the Dog and loved it. I did Catalina Island Beach Break, the beach was nice, but the ride over was very rough (and I usually never have problems) sit on the bottom deck if you go! We didn't see the show but two of our tablemates did and enjoyed it (though the seats were hard)

I was on the ship with Smiley also. I'll throw a few in here too. I do have to laugh at the Beef cheeks though. I was leaning toward that when my waiter said don't order that it's awful. LOL but I agree that last night left alot to be desired. Other than that the food was great. I went to the Olympic on the first formal night at 6pm. In the Olympic you have an option to order from a 6 course /wine paring selection where a wine is pared and served with each course or from the 4 course ala carte. I did vary from the norm, when I insisted on the Steak Diane for my entree selection instead of the two to choose from on the wine paring side. They tried to talk me out of it saying the wine wouldn't be paired correctly for that dish and I said I didn't care. They ended up choosing a wine to pair anyway and it was excellent. I had the Grande Manier desert by my DS had the chefs asst selection which was much better. (I took some bites).

Food in the buffet lines seemed good. I ate lunch everyday except the last in the Aqua Spa, where I picked up a bowl of chilled soup and went back to my room and then hit the buffet later. We ate breakfast mostly in bed or on the veranda (including the last morning we disembarked) but I did happen to eat in the buffet one day and ift was pretty good, the waffles on the end of the dining room are great.

Sushi bar was okay, nothing to write home about but nice for a pre dinner snack.

Cova Cafe pastries are wonderful.

Missed most of the entertainment, excpet the last night when they had trouble with their system so they had a variety of alternate acts. The xylophone player was excellent. Everyone we talked to raved of the shows.

I hope you have a great trip!

Forgot to add one point: it is easier to get a table for two at late seating. Some of the tables for two were in high traffic areas and awful locations. Tip is to get your table number and visit the dinnig room after you board and find your table, if you don't like it, immediately ask the maitre'd to move you to a more suitable location. (greasing the palm never hurts either.) shhh

They had the "beef Cheeks" the last night on our cruise. One man in our group enjoyed it so much that our waiter brought out a platter for all us to try. The sauce was good, didn't care for the texture of the beef cheeks.

we dined at the Olympic on Tuesday night. It's the night that you're in the Dominican Republic until 11:00 PM. I like to be in the dining room the last night to say goodbye to everyone. It always seems like the dining room is half full the last night, and the staff has more time to chat at leisure.

My husband played golf in Casa de Campo (as well as in San Juan and Virigin Islands), I went with our friends to the Marina and Altos de Chavon.

It wasn't much, but the pictures came out great.

We had a great cruise on a great ship, with wonderful friends and a ton of fond memories.

Mari

Hi Texed,

It did make me wonder. Hopefully the people that were not there either pre-paid or took care of the staff the previous night.

Our waiter's name was Marjoe, and we had a joke goiing if he was one of triplets because I would see him in the morning in the dining room and at lunch at the buffet and then at late dining. I would say to him "Is that you, Marjoe?", and he would reply that it was of one his brothers. He really was a hard worker and I would hate to think that anyone at his empty table would stiff him.

Mari

Texed - I agree with you. The dining room staff works so hard all week that it would be horrible for them if a lot of people didn't show up. Let's hope that these people have already put their tips on their card and just wanted to spend time packing or checking out something that they missed during the week.

ChefJC - have a great trip! We'll be on the next one - a week from today.

Archived