Questions about Carnival rooms and price protection.

Rainbowfalls

Hello everyone :)

I have a couple of questions,

I am going to be booking the early saver rate, if the price goes down for the same ship, stateroom and guests I will receive a credit. If the price goes down and I get a credit but the price goes back up later will my credit get taken away?

If I find that the suite becomes the same rate as my balcony would I get a free upgrade? Or if the balcony rate goes down but the suite is the same cost as what I am paying would I have the option to either upgrade or have a credit?

Does the price protection only apply to carnival advertised rates and not 3rd party booking agents (ie priceline)?

Do all suites have a VIP checkin or is it only the grand suite?

Also I was looking into a balcony room, however, the junior suite with obstructed views is only going to be a difference of 120 should I stick with the balcony or go with the junior suite?

Thank you in adavance :)

I do early saver, saved me $500 on our last cruise. If you get a credit before you are paid in full, it reduces your final payment by that much.If the rate then goes up, you do not lose your credit. Advantage of doing your own booking is that YOU can submit your own price guarantee form, otherwise your agency must do it for you. Hope this helps

Hello everyone :)

I have a couple of questions,

I am going to be booking the early saver rate, if the price goes down for the same ship, stateroom and guests I will receive a credit. If the price goes down and I get a credit but the price goes back up later will my credit get taken away? No they do not take it back~and you then price match to the new lower price.

If I find that the suite becomes the same rate as my balcony would I get a free upgrade? Or if the balcony rate goes down but the suite is the same cost as what I am paying would I have the option to either upgrade or have a credit? If another category higher than yours is the same price or lower than what you paid then yes you have the choice to price match it or be upgraded

Does the price protection only apply to carnival advertised rates and not 3rd party booking agents (ie priceline)? Yes only to Carnival's advertised rates. And only to the cruise fare~you do not included the government fees and taxes when price matching.

Do all suites have a VIP checkin or is it only the grand suite? All suites have VIP check in

Also I was looking into a balcony room, however, the junior suite with obstructed views is only going to be a difference of 120 should I stick with the balcony or go with the junior suite? I've never been in a JS so I would say go with what you feel comfortable with~

Thank you in adavance :)

Here is the link to check for rate reductions: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer this only shows the cruise fare which is what you are price matching.

HTH~

Thanks for the link. I wish it would include all the fees. I have found to take advantage of early saver you have to stay on top of it.

Your welcome~ usually the fees and taxes stay the same and if they do go up it's only by a few dollars~ my next cruise they went up about $7 so instead of $80 OBC I only got $72.xx but I'll take it!

Thank you all! :)

And wow lol that would be awesome to have a 500 dollar credit I know once I fully go and book the rooms i will be watching everyday at the price lol already my family cant stand dealing with my obsessiveness as it is :(

Thank you for the link I know it will totally come in handy already bookmarking :D

So I just checked with the link and it's showing 818 for the balcony but when I look on carnivals book a reservation it's totally 955, why would there be a difference?

nvm figured that out lol taxes XP

Here is the link to check for rate reductions: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer this only shows the cruise fare which is what you are price matching.

HTH~

You posted this elsewhere as if the rate has to be on Carnival.com

It says any carnival ADVERTISED rate, i.e. any advertised rate you see on a TA site. Since TAs cant advertise a lower rate, it can be on any site. I think you confused someone elsewhere, so wanted to clear this up.

The rate is any ADVERTISED rate (i.e. not one you got because a TA on the phone said, hey if you book with me, Ill discount by $50).

Thanks for the link. I wish it would include all the fees. I have found to take advantage of early saver you have to stay on top of it.

If it included the fees, it would only confuse the issue since add on taxes and fees can go up and down and are not price protected. If your taxes and fees drop, you will receive OBC once onboard, nothing you need to do.

Archived