10 Dec 2006 Valor Scuba Cruise: It's Official

Sailfish

Cruise Critic will be sponsoring a Scuba Cruise aboard the Carnival Valor on December 10, 2006. The Valor will be departing Miami on a Sunday and calling on Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I will be leading the group. If you are scuba diver, you already know all four ports of call are a diver's Mecca.

Besides great pricing, our group package includes $100 in shipboard credit per cabin, a shared cocktail party and a bottle of champagne at embarkation. For a limited time, you can put down a deposit on a double occupancy stateroom for only $25pp. If you are interested, please send me an email (place "Valor Scuba Cruise" on the subject line) and I will forward you booking information as well as attach a brochure to my reply.

I will be coodinating dives in all four ports of call for the certified divers in the group. Let me know if you, a family member or a friend are interested in getting certified prior to our sail date.

If you have any questions, let me know. Pricing information follows:

Carnival Valor 12/10/2006

Inside (Cat 4A): $ 599 pp

Oceanview (Cat 6A): $ 729 pp

Balcony (Cat 8A): $ 819 pp

Mini-Suite (Cat 11): $ 1299 pp

Penthouse Suite (Cat 12): $ 1839 pp

Rates are based on double occupancy and include the port charges and gov't fees.

Single (Cat 1A): $ 799 pp

3rd anda 4th passenger rates are subject to change and vary depending on the category but the current rates are as follows:

Inside (Cat 4A): $ 369 pp

Oceanview (Cat 6A): $ 389 pp

Balcony and Suites (Cat 8A, Cat 11 and 12): $ 449 pp

Amenities:

$ 100 p/cabin on-board credit

Shared Cocktail Party

Champagne/chocolates per/cabin

Initial Deposit due by 5/6/05: $ 25 pp for double occupancy non-suite guarantees; $ 250 pp for all cabin assignments including single, triple, quads or suites due on or before 6/16/2006. The final payment for this group will be due by 8/25/2006.

Per group leader's request, the round trip transfers thru Carnival are as follows:

To and from MIA - $ 22 pp round-trip

To and from FLL - $ 32 pp round-trip

LauraS

Community Manager

Cruise Critic

http://www.cruisecritic.com/

AOL KW: Cruise Critic

Our group arrangements will be handled by Kevin at Crucon, 800-493-6609. I worked with Kevin on this past February's Cruise Critic Group Cruise aboard the Mariner. He's a very nice guy and did an awesome job taking care of our group. Crucon is one of Cruise Critic's "preferred" cruise only agencies. I have made numerous individual bookings over the years with Crucon, so I have a lot of confidence they will do a good job managing our group booking.

It will run you $25pp to reserve a double occupancy stateroom. Please call Crucon at the above number and ask to speak to Kevin. Although he has no direct number, he's very good at returning phone calls if he's busy or out of the office. A detailed invoice will come your way either via email (my preference) or US Mail. Either way, please make sure you check over your statement that ALL passengers names are spelled correctly, that your mailing address and other information is also accurate.

If you have any questions about the cruise or would like a brochure, please do not hesitate to contact me via email at suzi95628@yahoo.com.

Suzi

Valor Scuba Divers Group Coordinator

Hi Everyone!

Here is dive pricing information for the group. Prices are what I expected, but if you haven't been to the Caribbean lately, you'll have to get over the sticker shock. Here is the list. Let me know if you have questions:

Belize $118pp 2 tanks - Ride along Snorkeler $97 (Ouch)

Grand Cayman $104pp 2 tanks - Ride along Snorkeler $35

Roatan $81pp 2 tanks includes equipment - Ride along Snorkeler $23

Cozumel $67pp 2 tanks DAY or 1 tank NIGHT $49pp

If you dive in all four ports of call, and do only DAY dives, your total package cost is $370pp. If you do two tank day dives in Belize, Roatan and Grand Cayman and the one tank night dive in Cozumel, your dive package cost is $352pp.

You are welcome to mix and match, and compare prices. I am open to suggestions. None of the dive ops are affiliated with the cruise line.

If you plan to travel with non divers, with the exception of Cozumel, they are welcome on the dive boat, although the cost to ride along in Belize is more than the cost to go diving in some ports!

Equipment rentals are pricey, so I recommend you bring your own. The dives in Roatan include your equipment - but I still say, if you have your own stuff, bring it!!

Archived