Cruise Critic Community
Knysna

Brilliance of the Seas just Brilliant

:) My family and I had the most awesome Christmas on the Brilliance of the Seas when we did the 7 day Dubai to Dubai cruise on the 19th December.

To all those out there that slate her - bar humbug! She was clean, well maintained and probably had the friendliest staff we have ever encountered. With over 400 children on board we never saw our girls or even the children. The children program was very well run. Food was excellent, our stateroom attendant was wonderful and the captain was a real people's person.

Christmas was very festive with carols, Christmas trees everywhere and Santa visiting by boat to give every child a present compliment's of RCL.

We did not really go for the port stops really more for the cruise. However Muscat was interesting but did not justify a port overnight we could have rather had another sea day.

Thanks RCL and all the crew on the Brilliance for a fantastic holiday.

I agree with you. After being lucky enough to spend 2 weeks in December and a week in January aboard the Brilliance, I have to say that the best employees at sea are on the Brilliance. My favorites are Norman, Rusty, Suzanne, and Joclyn from the bar staff, Abe and William from Cabin Service, Betsy the Concierge, and Ma from the Cleaning Staff.

I was planning to book a b2b on the Brilliance for next February while on my cruise in 2 weeks and was starting to rethink my choice of ships after reading less than great reviews on the Brilliance. Feeling a lot more positive now. Appreciate your posting! :)

Thanks for your enthusiastic thread. Glad you had a very good time. However, I would never say humbug about a bar. :)