Sunset Pirate Boat Tour in Puerto Vallarta

jeffjd01

Help.....Does anyone know how to make reservations for this tour in PV outside of the cruise lines? We are on the CCL Pride sailing on May 01, 05 and need to know the time they start and how to make reservations....Please help:eek: Thanks!

I searched and searched for you and found this site http://www.puertovallarta.net/tours/tours_details.php?id=70&option=sea&sortvalue= I copied and pasted so hope it works. My family and I did the daytime one and loved it. Our friends did the evening one and had a blast. Next time I may do the evening because we almost missed the boat because Carnival gets in when the daytime departs. We actually had to take a motorized boat to take us to the ship. That was quite an experience. If you do go, make sure you bring something for sea sickness because it does get rough. I had no problems, but my daughter did. Luckily the "pirates" had dramamine. Well hope I helped.

:rolleyes: Thanks SO much for finding that for me. I spoke with them on the phone and they informed me that they were not the same company that the cruise lines use. Just about the same thing, however, they get back to the dock 1 hour after the cruise ship leaves.....I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and book through CCL. Thanks alot

Jeff

If you pass a black pirate ship on it's way to Dominica, you are not seeing things. It is the Black Pearl for Johnny Depps new movie. Built in Bayou La Batre, AL and setting sail for Dominica this week with a Disney crew aboard. Maybe Disney will ad it to it's fleet after they are done with the movie.

Here is a picture of The Black Pearl pirate ship for Johnny Depps new movie Pirates of the Carribean 2: Dead Man's Chest. It sails for Dominica Tuesday 4-19-05 from Mobile and will be used for 2 sequels. Keep an eye out and you may see it. This pic was taken at the docks in Bayou La Batre where it was built and was undergoing final fitout before the Disney crew leaves Tuesday AM. Crawled under the security fence to take this. Note rent-a-cop by SUV at stern of the ship. They made a bee line over to chase us away but we were gone by the time they got there.

http://client.webshots.com/photo/325849956/325851967omYggk

If I remember correctly, the Sunset Pirate Adventure is just next to where the Pride docks in PV. Just walk over to it the guys all speak english and can help ya. We had a great time on it. The open bar was very nice and the drinks were great... try the Tequilla Sunrise....ummmmm! :cool:

It started at like 4 or 5PM. The Fireworks were great way to end the evening. The pirate boat returns back about an hour before leaving... just enough time to "stagger" back... go thru security...make your way up to the Lido for the Mexican Buffet, and the cast off!

Could the difference in time (the weblink says they get back at 11PM, but Carnival Pride leaves at 10PM :confused: ) be because of the "ship time" vs. "local time"? If local time is 2 hours ahead of ship time, that would leave time to "stagger back" to the ship (as TRACE so well put it!:D ). I'm a little confused on this as well, since I'd love to book this tour, but obviously don't want to get back after my ship's left!!!

• 3 weeks later...
If I remember correctly, the Sunset Pirate Adventure is just next to where the Pride docks in PV. Just walk over to it the guys all speak english and can help ya. We had a great time on it. The open bar was very nice and the drinks were great... try the Tequilla Sunrise....ummmmm! :cool:

It started at like 4 or 5PM. The Fireworks were great way to end the evening. The pirate boat returns back about an hour before leaving... just enough time to "stagger" back... go thru security...make your way up to the Lido for the Mexican Buffet, and the cast off!

Trace, this is EXACTLY what I had in mind:D ! Dod you book this tour through CCL, or did you book it directly with the tour operator?

BankofDad:

Yes we booked this excursion directly thru Carnival, It's called the Sunset Pirate Adventure.

I think we are planning on doing this one again.... :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone planning on doing this excursion, It was a blast and I would recommend taking it to everyone. You are met at the dock infront of the pride and everyone is taken over as a group to the Mariglante. It is a complete show and dinner/drinks from the time you see the first pirate. They take ALOT of people with them but you dont ever feel crowded. It was well worth the money spent and I would do it again. For those of you worried about not getting back in time, DONT WORRY. My wife and were back on the Pride in enough time to go up on deck, get a big bowl of Ice Cream, and stand and watch the true drunks staggering out of the cabs coming from "senior Frogs" Some people were so drunk they fell on their faces and had to be dragged back to the ship. While the Pirate tour DOES offer free alcohol, we really didnt see anyone as drunk as that. The cruisline left 20 minutes late waiting for the last stragler and we found it entertaining watching.

A couple of tips:

1. They will have plenty of tickets available at the dockside ticket booth and they are available when the ship docks in the morning for about half the price the cruise line charges. We paid full price through CCL and they still had tickets available at 430 PM.

2. Dont forget about the difference in time zones....we showed up about an hour too early.

3. probably the best tip I could give.....Tell them you DONT WANT to go down stairs to eat. They split the group into 2 groups for dinner and cart everyone down stairs for the meal. My wife said she didnt want to go down there. So asked the captain if there were other options, and We were able to eat at the Captains table on the maindeck in a fancy room with about 10 other people. That was really cool and made us feel like VIP's. It is definately worth asking about!!

4. If you ask, they will even let you steer the ship. They let me turn the ship about while we were in bandaras bay and my wife got a picture of it. One of our charrished ones.

This was definately one of our favorite excursions, 2nd to the "Canapy tour"

Dont worry about having a great time, the pirates will make sure of that for you!!:rolleyes:

Hi Jeff, I totally agree that the Pirate Boat was totally awesome as well. There were, however, a few tips you neglected to mention:

1. If you have a tendency toward seasickness, think twice. This is a smaller boat, and it rocks and rolls. It's a blast if you can handle it, and the sailors fighting on the deck rails are even more impressive on a moving boat, but if you have a hard time with motion, it may be best to skip.:eek:

2. There are free cocktails all night. Be careful how many of them you imbibe. You're safe because of the proximity of your embarking point, but nevertheless it's easy to get plastered.

3. As Jeff can tell you (;) ), don't buy the pirate do-rags off of the pirates' heads. They'll scam you for $20 and then have another one on their head in 5 seconds. They sell them for like $5 or maybe $10 (because of a disregard for rule #2, I'm not positive...), but the proceeds from that go to support a kids home.

4. If you decide to give the crew a hard time (even in jest!:D ) when buying tickets or embarking, be fully prepared to be enlisted to entertain the rest of the guests during the evening. It was fun, but if you aren't the outgoing-crazy type, play nice with the pirates.

This was one of my absolute highlights. DW Laura, though, had a hard time with the motion of the ocean, so our thoughts differed a bit. I came home with 2 do-rags (one I was given for entertaining the audience with a snazzy disco dance I learned on the Pride; the other I bought) and a serious buzz. It's a great time, and worth the money!

John

Correia_Cruiser

Pride May 1-8, 2005 was our first cruise, but certainly not our last!!!

Archived