Jump to content

Discuss Implementation of Smoking Policy


Recommended Posts

What about smoking on the Princess from the U.S to Australia?   Please don't tell me the casino and Churchill's does not allow smoking on this 26-day voyage from San Francisco to Sydney!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2018 at 1:24 AM, getting older slowly said:

 

To answer your question on the Golden in Australia generally Two Areas

Deck 7 starboard side just aft of the doors on to the promenade next to the Vista lounge ( standing only )

Deck 15 port side at the Tradewind Bar with table and chairs and you can get a morning coffee there

 

Cheers Don

What about in the casino and the smoking lounge?  I'll be on the Golden going from the U.S to Australia. (San Francisco to Sydney)

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, AndWe said:

What about in the casino and the smoking lounge?  I'll be on the Golden going from the U.S to Australia. (San Francisco to Sydney)

I would think that the Golden will follow the same rules as other Princess ships sailing from the U.S. On sailings from the U.S. cigarette smoking is allowed in the casino while playing certain designated slots. Smoking in not allowed in other areas of the casino including the casino bar and at the tables. There are some evenings that are smoke free. Cigar and pipe smoking is not permitted.

Cigar and pipe smoking is allowed only in Players Cigar Bar, deck 6 forward. Cigar and pipe smoking is not permitted anywhere else on the ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Summary of smoking areas on Caribbean Princess:  Copy and paste this post to update as needed.  It is helpful to know where to get a cabin if you are a smoker.  I hope the cruise lines read these posts and understand that we are on vacation and want to be comfortable and we need indoor and outdoor smoking areas.  There should always be an indoor cigarette smoking room with ventilation(window or machine) for when the weather is bad with seating for 20 and each ship should create a cigarette smoking room.  We don't want to smoke in the cigar lounge or the casino because we want our own room!

 

Ship: Caribbean Princess

Outdoors:

Deck 7 aft- a small area aft outside of Club Fusion on promenade deck 7 where the ash disposals units are attached to the bulkhead. 

Deck 15?  aft-An area port side on the Horizon Terrace by the Outrigger Bar, but not at the bar.  May not be allowed anymore,

Deck 16 fwd  An area to the port side of the Tradewinds Bar on Deck 16 above Neptune's Reef pool.

Indoors:

Deck 6 fwd - Churchill's Lounge, Deck 6 fwd. This is the cigar and pipe area.

Deck 7 mid- Casino, some evenings are smoke free, some days may also be smoke free.

Deck 18 aft - Skywalker's, there is usually a smoking section during late night DJ and dancing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is AWESOME!!  I wish there was one of these for every ship.  It would help immensely when choosing your cabin.

 

Thank you for taking the time to do this.  I will follow through...and put together a similar post for the Crown and the Golden Princess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Ship: Caribbean Princess

Outdoors:

Deck 7 aft- a small area aft outside of Club Fusion on promenade deck 7 where the ash disposals units are attached to the bulkhead. 

Deck 15?  aft-An area port side on the Horizon Terrace by the Outrigger Bar, but not at the bar.  May not be allowed anymore,

Deck 16 fwd  An area to the port side of the Tradewinds Bar on Deck 16 above Neptune's Reef pool.

Indoors:

Deck 6 fwd - Churchill's Lounge, Deck 6 fwd. This is the cigar and pipe area.

Deck 7 mid- Casino, some evenings are smoke free, some days may also be smoke free.

Deck 18 aft - Skywalker's, there is usually a smoking section during late night DJ and dancing.

 

Wow that’s good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Tony

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! My husband is a smoker so I’ll pass this info on. He prefers to smoke outside as he does most of the time at home. On the Crown Princess he always hangs out at TradeWinds and has met many many wonderful people! We are going on the Enchanted Princess in 2020 Does anyone know the smoking areas on this ship?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ejcavender said:

Thanks guys! My husband is a smoker so I’ll pass this info on. He prefers to smoke outside as he does most of the time at home. On the Crown Princess he always hangs out at TradeWinds and has met many many wonderful people! We are going on the Enchanted Princess in 2020 Does anyone know the smoking areas on this ship?

No one has been on this ship yet, but most likely the same as the Royal.

Port side by Tradewinds Bar, deck 17

Section of the promenade deck patio starboard side aft.

Churchill's cigar lounge deck 6 port side forward.

Some casino slots while playing. table games are smoke free.

Maybe another outside area on deck 16 or 17 aft.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:05 PM, kootz said:

Any updates for the Smoking Area on Coral??? 

the answers we are getting are not helping much now are they ?  From the you tube videos I watched - it wasn't a covered area - kind of concerned about it because I would rather be outside than at churchills

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jisduit said:

the answers we are getting are not helping much now are they ?  From the you tube videos I watched - it wasn't a covered area - kind of concerned about it because I would rather be outside than at churchills

I'm sorry,  I've never been on the Coral. I know it's frustrating -- I'm a smoker too, and I can only guess where the smoking is on the Coral based on other ships I've been on.  Usually there is a smoking area by the pool bar; it's on the upper level by the pool tucked next to the bar.  Then on the starboard side on the Promenade deck near the aft there is usually an outdoor smoking area.  When you find one of these areas, ask the smokers where else to go.  That is all I got.  Have a great trip.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember when we went on the Grand to Alaska 2(?) yrs. ago, the Coral was also in port (maybe Juneau), and their smoking "section" was outside and uncovered (unlike ours on the Grand).  Probably not much help?.  Also, for others, when we were on the Regal  (repo to the Caribbean), we had the best smoking area; again, when we were in Alaska (on the Grand) we saw the Royal (the sister to the Regal), and they DID NOT have that really nice smoking area!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 1:04 PM, AndWe said:

This is AWESOME!!  I wish there was one of these for every ship.  It would help immensely when choosing your cabin.

 

Thank you for taking the time to do this.  I will follow through...and put together a similar post for the Crown and the Golden Princess.

I am  interested in know about the Crown smoking areas.

Tony

Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked the same question. Someone sent this to me. ‘’ Smoking area on the Crown Princess”.

Tony

Smoking on board 

On board our ships, smoking is only allowed in designated smoking areas on deck and in designated bars.

Smoking is not allowed in restaurants, bistros/cafés and lounges as well as theaters.

Furthermore, we ask passengers not to smoke in the cabin and on the balcony belonging to the cabin.

The cruise company reserves the right to impose a fine if the smoking ban is violated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Crown Princess, last fall on a TA:  Deck 16 beside Tradewinds bar, covered and set coffee up between 5:30-6 every morning.

Also, Deck 7, Speakeasy cigar lounge in the front corner of the casino.  Also Promenade deck a wall unit but no seating and one bench on one of the top decks that was too windy to use, completely open.  Casino while playing designated slots but not on formal nights.

Edited by Joy_K
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Joy_K said:

Crown Princess, last fall on a TA:  Deck 16 beside Tradewinds bar, covered and set coffee up between 5:30-6 every morning.

Also, Deck 7, Speakeasy cigar lounge in the front corner of the casino.  Also Promenade deck a wall unit but no seating and one bench on one of the top decks that was too windy to use, completely open.  Casino while playing designated slots but not on formal nights.

Also on Deck 17 starboard there is a space with seating outside the kids club.  It is VERY windy, and it seems just staff knows about this.  I went there every morning because it had seating,  was in the sun, was quiet and my cabin was aft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AndWe said:

Also on Deck 17 starboard there is a space with seating outside the kids club.  It is VERY windy, and it seems just staff knows about this.  I went there every morning because it had seating,  was in the sun, was quiet and my cabin was aft.

Thanks for sharing. There’s a smoking area outside the Kids Club on deck 17. 🙄

Tony

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Promenade deck outside area can be very windy at times also when the ship is moving.  Sometimes they have yellow tape across the doors to get outside and you cannot go out there.  Not sure what the reason was but it seemed like it was when we were getting ready to leave port?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2019 at 2:20 PM, Ms. Tom said:

I remember when we went on the Grand to Alaska 2(?) yrs. ago, the Coral was also in port (maybe Juneau), and their smoking "section" was outside and uncovered (unlike ours on the Grand).  Probably not much help?.  Also, for others, when we were on the Regal  (repo to the Caribbean), we had the best smoking area; again, when we were in Alaska (on the Grand) we saw the Royal (the sister to the Regal), and they DID NOT have that really nice smoking area!

 

 I remember two outside areas on Royal. It was a cruise for New Year of 2017 and we were smokers back then

In the aft above Horizon. Deck 16 I think. It had some cover, but it could be a windy place.

Very aft of Deck 7 partial Promenade starboard.

 

Sigar room which we could not stand as it was to smoky and some days in casino.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic's State of the Industry Report - Trends & Future Outlook
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...