Have you booked your 2013 or beyond cruise yet ?

Elizanessie

I was assured that when I booked this Australia/ NZ cruise as FCC while on board Sea Princess that it was OK to either transfer it to another cruise or have it refunded to the credit card I used. I think the word to use is to have it re-assigned to another cruise not cancel. However as it is only £75 per person deposit no big deal. I do think that you have four years to use it from the date of purchase. I reckon if you ask this question on the Princess forum, there are a lot of more experienced people than me who could answer your question, I would at least phone Princess

and query it.

Iain

Why were you asked to pay? Usually on Princess if you live in UK you are not charged for the FCC. You are given a letter which can be produced when you book the future cruise and it gives you the benefit of a reduced deposit and varying amounts of obc. If you did pay then you should get it refunded. Is Sea Princess sailing under Princess Australia as this might have different t and c. My letter def says no refund or transfer. I do think that £150 is certainly worth trying to get back but have no hopes of doing so.

Why were you asked to pay? Usually on Princess if you live in UK you are not charged for the FCC. You are given a letter which can be produced when you book the future cruise and it gives you the benefit of a reduced deposit and varying amounts of obc. If you did pay then you should get it refunded. Is Sea Princess sailing under Princess Australia as this might have different t and c. My letter def says no refund or transfer. I do think that £150 is certainly worth trying to get back but have no hopes of doing so.

Princess now charge £75 per FCC, that has been the case the last twice that I bought them in Jan 2011 and Sept 2011. I think that is perhaps the difference. When did you get your FCC? If you did not pay anything you have nothing to get refunded.

Sorry post above incomplete.

£75 for FCC is deposit on future cruise and you get OBC depending on cabin type and cruise duration.

Sea Princess is now in Australia but I purchased FCC when on Alaska cruise.

Iain

If you'll be in Hong Kong, check out "Jimmy's Kitchen" for the very best Chicken Curry Madras. For a great picture of the entire harbor be sure to take the tram to the top of the hill, there is a nice cafe up there on the other side. It is also a great place to have tailored clothes made, if you have some time.:D:D

Oh thanks very much for the tips. We're getting into Hong Kong a couple of days before the cruise, and the ship is docked overnight there for the first night; so we'll be sure to save your tips in our file of things to do!:D

• 4 weeks later...
Princess now charge £75 per FCC, that has been the case the last twice that I bought them in Jan 2011 and Sept 2011. I think that is perhaps the difference. When did you get your FCC? If you did not pay anything you have nothing to get refunded.

Well yes I was trying to get my £150 deposit back that I paid to Princess when I booked the cruise. Did not have to pay for the fcc when we 'bought' them a couple of years ago.

• 3 months later...

Archived