Carnival's Excursion: Speed Boat to Saona Island

cruisegirl29

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has taken Carnival's Shore Excursion to Saona Island? It's 99.95 per person. I'm interested in what type of Complimentary Beverages are included. If there is a bar/resturant where you can get drinks/food & if they have restrooms.

Also, is this trip worth the price?

I know that there hasn't been many ships that have called on this port recently.. and hopefully after next week someone can share their ideas & experiences.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Sue

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has taken Carnival's Shore Excursion to Saona Island? It's 99.95 per person. I'm interested in what type of Complimentary Beverages are included. If there is a bar/resturant where you can get drinks/food & if they have restrooms.

Also, is this trip worth the price?

I know that there hasn't been many ships that have called on this port recently.. and hopefully after next week someone can share their ideas & experiences.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Sue

I'm wondering the same thing - hopefully someone can answer that has done this through Carnival. I did speak to a friend who goes to DR and stays at a resort and she spoke highly of the going to this island. She said take the sailboat over and speedboat back but I don't think we have that option.

My other option is Dreams and I think they are probably seeing business boom from the Carnival ships that have been added to their port.

I'm wondering the same thing - hopefully someone can answer that has done this through Carnival. I did speak to a friend who goes to DR and stays at a resort and she spoke highly of the going to this island. She said take the sailboat over and speedboat back but I don't think we have that option.

My other option is Dreams and I think they are probably seeing business boom from the Carnival ships that have been added to their port.

Yes.. I'm also trying to decide on the Seavis Tour.. it's less expensive & you actually see more. However, I just want something easy.. where I don't have to watch the clock to make sure we are on time.

I looked at the Dreams as well.. for the amount of money, I could stay on board & drink a ton. It's little less than $200.00.

I know the Saona Island Speed Boat would be $200.00 but you'd get to see a little more than just a resort. I hope someone can tell us what type of beverages are offered...

Sue

Yes.. I'm also trying to decide on the Seavis Tour.. it's less expensive & you actually see more. However, I just want something easy.. where I don't have to watch the clock to make sure we are on time.

I looked at the Dreams as well.. for the amount of money, I could stay on board & drink a ton. It's little less than $200.00.

I know the Saona Island Speed Boat would be $200.00 but you'd get to see a little more than just a resort. I hope someone can tell us what type of beverages are offered...

Sue

Sue - I am almost sold on Seavis' Saona Carnival Special - sounds like a blast and it's not as expensive at Carnival's. Go to this board and read from post #198:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1501210&page=10

They were just there on the Valor the end of January.

Sue - I am almost sold on Seavis' Saona Carnival Special - sounds like a blast and it's not as expensive at Carnival's. Go to this board and read from post #198:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1501210&page=10

They were just there on the Valor the end of January.

Yes.. My cc thread & FB group are putting together a group rate for Seavis tours.. I just can't decide..... It sounds like an amazing day.. however, wearing one of those orange life jackets more of the day doesn't thrill me... guess it's a requirement when you on the water in the boat.

Sue

Archived