Malecon in Puerto Vallarta, redone this summer?

PekingeseLady

Here is the northern half of the "new" Malecon. It is currently a pedestrian walkway.

2720202690078358666S600x600Q85.jpg

Gone are the steep curbs and cars. The southern half looks just as nice. They have installed a traffic light down at the city square end to make it easier to get from the Malecon to the Cathedral.

Enjoy!

AT first I was not so keen on the Malecon having improvements......after seeing the pictures I so can not wait to walk the Malecon this May. It looks amazing :)[/quote

I had the same feeling, but must admit it looks very nice. However it still feels very quiet during the day.

Since a few days the Voladores are back too, be it on a different spot closer to McDonalds.

AT first I was not so keen on the Malecon having improvements......after seeing the pictures I so can not wait to walk the Malecon this May. It looks amazing :)[/quote

I had the same feeling, but must admit it looks very nice. However it still feels very quiet during the day.

Since a few days the Voladores are back too, be it on a different spot closer to McDonalds

Your post brought a HUGE smile to my face gracias :)

AT first I was not so keen on the Malecon having improvements......after seeing the pictures I so can not wait to walk the Malecon this May. It looks amazing :)

You can almost see the "Cheeky Monkey in the first picture !!!!! I will be on the Splendor 2/26 so will check in with Troy and the gang !!

You can almost see the "Cheeky Monkey in the first picture !!!!! I will be on the Splendor 2/26 so will check in with Troy and the gang !!

OK ... Here it is! (Old Malecon)

2649904410078358666S600x600Q85.jpg

We'll have wait until next November before we're back again. :cool:

Enjoy!

OMG you are soo right :) Urgh May can not come soon enough! This time we are staying for two weeks at Vista del Sol right above Sea Monkey :D

Last May we loved the really expensive $2.00 drink menu......:eek:

Sorry for the ignorant post, but what is the Malecon?

Malecón is a word used in Spanish-speaking countries for a stone-built embankment or esplanade along a waterfront.

The Malecon in Puerto Vallarta is famous for its sculptures, shops and restaurants. It has undergone a number of renovations, repairs and upgrades over the last couple decades. The most recent was really significant and was completed in late November of last year.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for the info and pictures. It looks beautiful and we can't wait to go back in July. Those places look great the cheeky monkey and the sea monkey . What are the age requirements or are they restaurants where everyone can hang out? Looking for a fun place for six of us after zip line.

Malecón is a word used in Spanish-speaking countries for a stone-built embankment or esplanade along a waterfront.

The Malecon in Puerto Vallarta is famous for its sculptures, shops and restaurants. It has undergone a number of renovations, repairs and upgrades over the last couple decades. The most recent was really significant and was completed in late November of last year.

Enjoy!

Thanks MSN :D. I just booked our cruise yesterday, so I'm just starting to learn about PV.

Thank you so much for the info and pictures. It looks beautiful and we can't wait to go back in July. Those places look great the cheeky monkey and the sea monkey . What are the age requirements or are they restaurants where everyone can hang out? Looking for a fun place for six of us after zip line.

I have seen kids in the Cheeky Monkey, but the Sea Monkey was just opening up the last time I was there. Since the Sea Monkey is on the beach, I doubt if they would restrict kids.

To be sure, you can ask them via email. www.cheekymonkeypv.com or http://www.seamonkeypv.com and clic on the monkey to send an email.

Thanks MSN :D. I just booked our cruise yesterday, so I'm just starting to learn about PV.

A good low-commercial-content source for information is - http://www.vallartainfo.com/ The site was created by a Brit for english speaking tourists. The maps are always current.

A good margarita is second only to a great martini. Your favorite martini would be ???

Archived