Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DLCteach

Getting to NYC cruise port

Hi there! My friend and I from Connecticut are sailing out of NYC on the Legend on 7/24. Rather than driving and parking at the port (the charges are unreal!) we're hoping to find a shuttle/bus/transport from Connecticut. I've poked around and can't seem to find anything. Does anyone know of anything that could help us?

Thanks a bunch!

Donna

Hi, Donna. Have you checked with RCCL to see if they have a shuttle? I only ask because Celebrity does this on some of their cruises. A neighbor used it to Baltimore and loved it! Not being nosey, but what city/town/location in CT (your choice)? I'll look using that info. In Fact, if you can see if other folks are going on your cruz from nearby locations, you could rent a LIMO of some sort and split the cost and arrive in style. KODAK moment, pulling up to the pier in BAYONNE, NJ. (BAYONNE, Oohh, never mind - almost like Detroit in Cowboy boots) Just some Saturday night humor, seriously, let me know. ENJOY!

I would check with the cruiseline..I would think the shuttle connects in the Hartford area, maybe Bridgeport. Where are you? We had a driver we found drive us in from MA and it was great. He just dropped us off and then came back to get us.

We are from Phila and took Amtrak. Got off the train and took a taxi 7 bucks and got off on the corner instead of in the terminal. Very quick, easy and painless.

We got reserved train tickets. Doing reserve seating allows you to grab the next train if you are way to early.

I believe the ship they are on is the Carnival Legend, not RCCL's Legend of the Seas

Thanks for the advice everyone! We're coming from the Bridgeport area, so perhaps the train is our best option. Any idea what a cab fare from Grand Central would be? I'll also check into the possibility of a Carnival shuttle from CT - that sounds too good to be true!

Thanks again for the help!

Donna

The taxi costs us 7 bucks one way. per cab- not per person. We gave a 3 buc kip to make it an even 10.

Grans Central to the cruise ship terminal should be about $8.00.

If you had no luggage, it would be a very "do-able" walk.