Any successful viking european cruisers recently?

lahlah57

Just wondering if there has been any successful cruisers on vikings grand european lately? Am keeping an eye out so I can back out when due to leave in July 2012. Do not want to be on buses for a 2 week trip in case of low water levels.

I hope that tellus@vikingcruises.com does not comment because I did contact them at above email address for confirmation and they have yet to contact me with a reply of any sort.

Would appreciate any info. :(

Just wondering if there has been any successful cruisers on vikings grand european lately?

Not all of it, but we returned from the Budapest - Nuremberg section in early January, had no problems with water levels, and had a thoroughly enjoyable time.

The first G T starts the end of March. Looks like most dates are sold out through Sept so you'll have time to get info from those cruisers.

As long as your trip ins has "cancel for any reason", you're all set.

As for water levels next July no one knows.

We have not taken the Viking Grand European cruise, but my husband and I did go on a Viking cruise last spring and we have only good things to report about the cruise company. We had been to Europe several times on our own, but this was our first organized group trip ever. From what I've read on these boards, I think all the river cruise companies must be similar and each does things very well, although there will be occasional glitches with any line. Don't let the grouches scare you away from Viking! We have scheduled a second tour with them this coming autumn.

problem sometimes with rain and too much water. In the time we are going, the last of June beginning of July, the rains are pretty much rained out and then by the end of the summer there is a problem sometimes with not enough water. I think you and I are all right--that is I think so. Who knows--! My take only.

no one knows what next summer will bring.

I'm sitting in NYC and we've had no snow, therefore no melting. So come July expect to hear about low water levels in the resevoirs. I just watched the Nova program about the late salmon run in Alaska.

We are scheduled for Ukraine this summer, have travelled with Viking in europe 3 times before and have been very satisfied.

Just wondering if there has been any successful cruisers on vikings grand european lately? Am keeping an eye out so I can back out when due to leave in July 2012. Do not want to be on buses for a 2 week trip in case of low water levels.

I hope that tellus@vikingcruises.com does not comment because I did contact them at above email address for confirmation and they have yet to contact me with a reply of any sort.

We have traveled 3 times with Viking in late October - early November and VERY SATISFIED. I did the Romantic Danube in 2009, the Rhine Getaway in 2010 and the Elegant Elbe in 2011. I am also looking at redoing the Romantic Danube this November since it now goes to Budapest.

I have NEVER had any problem with water levels or with customer service as mentioned in some of the posts. The staff on board is always polite and courteous and very informative.

I would highly recommend Viking River Cruise.

Dear lahlah57,

We know you hoped we wouldn’t comment, so please forgive us for doing so, but we have double-checked our records and can’t seem to find the email that you sent. We notice that the email address you list in your post is missing the word “river” (between Viking and cruises), which may mean that the email didn’t make it to us. We really would like to speak with you and answer any questions you may have prior to your trip in July. We hope you will consider trying to contact us directly (again) at TellUs@vikingrivercruises.com.

Sincerely,

Viking River Cruises

The water level now and the water level in July has no relationship whatsoever!

Archived