Cruise Critic Community
Pia1913

LIVE from the Grand Princess - 14 days - February 4 - 18, 2012

Welcome aboard the Grand Princess where we will spend the next 14 days together. “We”, as in DH, myself and all of you who decide to “cruise” along with us. As some of you may recall, we boarded this same ship 10 months ago, (transatlantic to Southampton) on its first cruise out of drydock. Yes, there was some unfinished work, but needless to say it did not cause any great problems for us and we still had a great time. So, sit back and come along for the ride.

We boarded early at the outlying pier #21 and were in our cabin before noon. Since this cruise is actually two sevens, when we return to FLL next week we won’t be able to walk out to 17th St. to replenish our supplies. I will therefore hunt and peck for my liquid refreshment as we go along. I brought on board 4 bottles of wine and 4 bottles (12 oz) of Pepsi. In a pinch, I can always kill the Diet Coke from my Elite setup with lemon.

We went to International Café for lunch and at 1:00 were their first customers. Used our old coffee cards for double shot Americano’s and also looked at the new card. It is brown, says Café Select and on the back there’s space to write in the ship name and date. I asked the barrista about whether a purchase today was for 7 days or 14 and he said if we are on a 14 then it’s good for 14. We won’t be needing to purchase on this cruise, but good info for future reference.

Ship Info:

Captain Anthony Herriot (same as last May)

Maitre d’ Fabio Marcotti

CD Billy Hygate

Hotel Mgr. Richard Harry

Crooners Pianist: Brad Stevens

Welcome aboard show tonight will feature impressionist Michael Wilson and MUTS is showing Stupid, Crazy Love. Vista will have two showing of “Columbiana” starring Zoe Saldana.

Time to go poking around ship. See you later.

Pia.. Have a great cruise :)

Are you & Mike dining in the MDR, or upstairs like last time ?

Pete

Edited by srpilo

Hi Pia

We board in June to very interested to hear how you think things are,

if you get a chance can you find out if Richard Harry will still be there in June

yours Shogun

Will enjoy reading along as we get on the day you get off, only for 7 days though:(:(

Terry

Pia, thank again for posting. I am "lurker" who always reads your threads and enjoys "sailing" with you, but generally am at work so can't post. Thanks for making some dull lunch hours a little bit more interesting! :)

Looking forward to your live thread...we will be on the Grand 3/10

Is Phoenix Rising still on board...if not wondering how the band is?

Crusinpeg

Bon Voyage, Have a great time we will see you on you 2nd week of this cruise. Will be following your posts this week. :)

Pia, coming on board to cruise along with you until we leave for Florida for our Feb. 18 cruise on the Oasis. We can't seem to match up our Florida dates to see you and Mike again...lol.:p

Smooth seas and fair winds on your 14 days!:) Bon Voyage!

Hello Pia, Thank you for posting. What cabin are you in? We are going to watch you sail away -looks kinda rough today. We board when you get off so let us know if noro shows up. Looking forward to sailing with Billy again-he's been with Princess for years. How was lunch? Wishing you a wonderful 14 days and look forward to following along.

Glad you are on board and ready to start your adventure. I just read a post from the Crown. They delayed till 4 and now 6pm for boarding.

Pia, looking forward to your daily updates. Have a fun, safe cruise !

Sali

Thanks Pia. I was looking for your thread last night because I knew you were going on another one of your adventures.

Look forward to future updates. Have fun.

Hello again; post muster and pre dinner. We meandered around a bit and noticed new furniture up on Lido outside decks. Chairs and tables. No more yucky white plastic chairs. Very nice.

Muster announcement (we were in Explorer’s) changed. Cigarette rules added, but some verbiage also different. I think it might be enhanced because of the Costa accident. Center staircase opened during muster so we very happily used it.

Tonight’s Elite, Suite, Plat. Lounge offering is guacamole and El Mejor Margarita. Lounge times each night (except Thursday) will be from 5:00 to 7:00 in One5. We’re having wine in our cabin. Oh yes, wine tasting will be on Tuesday; at 11:00 AM.

Already got info regarding most traveled. We are number one. Yay! That means we get the good stuff; Veuve. Anyhow, there will be a luncheon for the top 40 on Thursday, and cutoff is 230. The Captain Circle Hostess is a lovely young lady named Grazielle; from Brazil. She’s very new, but knows her stuff.

Answers:

1. No. Phoenix Rising not here,

2. Pete: upstairs. Tonight, anyway. :D

Hi Pia, when is the seafood buffet,if they have one that is ? :)

Pis

Thanks for your live once again, I will enjoy your trip from my I pad

Please update us on your trivia wins

You should be ashamed only 4 bottles of wine

Have a great voyage. Glad to hear of the new deck furniture. Looking forward to following your thread.

Hi Pia,

Even though we don't board the Grand until next Saturday, I feel like our cruise has just begun. Reading your posts will paint a picture of what we can expect on the ship and add to the excitement of this long awaited vacation.

Thank you for taking the time to share your cruise with all of us on CC. Hope you have a great week!

~~Maun

Pia,

Thanks for the live thread. I am looking forward to it especially since I get to go on this Big Girl in one year. :)

Congrats on Number 1 status

Hello Pia... I'm going to be reading your "live" with much interest. We're looking forward to the Grand Princess coming out to the West Coast next year and anticipate at least one or two voyages on her. :)

Bon voyage!

Have a great cruise Pi a we will join you next week. We have friends on the trip with you. Hopefully the oro will stay far away from your sailing

Hi Pia and Mike - Congrats on being #1. Hope the days cut off will be close to 230 so we get to go to the luncheon when it is our time to cruise. Will look forward to your live and try to come up with some questions to ask. Can't wait for 24 March and we can try out the Grand.

Edited by coo359a2