New Carnival Tip amount

Linda&Mike

Is the new Carnival Tip amount $11.00 per person per day, or $11.50? And does anyone know the breakdown as to how much goes where, i.e. how much to dinning room wait team, how much to steward, to alternative etc.?

We just got off the Valor, and the amount is $11.50 per day, per person, I will see if I have the break down sheet we received in our cabin, when I unpack tonight or tomorrow.

Also, review will be coming in a day or two. Have to get back to work first.

5.80 to your dr staff

3.70 to your steward

and they have now snuck in $2 to guest services, entertainment, hotel staff, and others.

Veteran cruiser here knows dr staff is dining room, and sure glad it is not a medical staff! That would be cheap rates though ;)

Although I think they have added $1.50 more, but no longer pass out maitre'd envelopes I believe. If anyone can verify this it would be helpful.

Veteran cruiser here knows dr staff is dining room, and sure glad it is not a medical staff! That would be cheap rates though ;)

Although I think they have added $1.50 more, but no longer pass out maitre'd envelopes I believe. If anyone can verify this it would be helpful.

correct.

We just got off the Valor, and the amount is $11.50 per day, per person, I will see if I have the break down sheet we received in our cabin, when I unpack tonight or tomorrow.

Also, review will be coming in a day or two. Have to get back to work first.

PCD???

Back to reality. Can't wait to read your post.

I am glad to tip the hardworking wait staff and room stewards, but the entertainment staff? No thanks.

I didn't mind when the little bit extra went to alternative crew that works the lido deck & such during the day. But giving it to customer relations & entertainment is wrong they make more money than the waiters and stewards! :mad:

This just gives those who take their tips of their sail & sign cards more excuses to do so!:eek:

I didn't mind when the little bit extra went to alternative crew that works the lido deck & such during the day. But giving it to customer relations & entertainment is wrong they make more money than the waiters and stewards! :mad:

This just gives those who take their tips of their sail & sign cards more excuses to do so!:eek:

Agreed!

It's about time they gave the staff an increase...but I, too, am against giving anything to customer relations and entertainment staff.

dkc...I think it is per person per day, at least it always has been.

Is the gratuity per person or per room? I called Friday to get ours (two of us) added to our balance, but the email says they only added $115 so I thought maybe it had changed to per room.

It's $11.50 per person per day.

$11.50 times 5 days = $57.50.

$57.50 times 2 people = $115.00.

it certainly has prompted me to take action on my next cruise. i will be returning to the old cash method.

it's an insult to raise my dining staff .15 each, and .30 to my steward, and then raise full salaried people that don't serve me a full dollar 100% to $2.00.

i can only then control who my tips go to.

Since we are now tipping guest services, hotel staff, entertainment and others (are CD's included too?) I think it would be fair for us top know just what pay they are now getting. I don't have a problem with the extra $1.50 a day pp and always tip something extra but like charity, you don't mind giving on a voluntary basis but when the gov. just takes it. AND I know this is not charity; just an analogy.

Archived