Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

abbydancer

Live from the Sapphire Princess (more or less)

We're on the Sapphire on our way to Hawaii. I'm blogging it, so you can read my updates here: http://www.abbydancer2003.blogspot.com

I might be a day or two behind, but it should continue.

If you have questions, feel free to post them here, and I'll try to answer. I'll be checking this at least once a day.

Some things I've noticed so far:

The dry dock work seems to be done. All we've seen so far was somebody varnishing some rails yesterday, and a pile of outdoor carpeting. Maybe they'll do a carpet replacement when we're in port.

We went to the IC for coffee today and they took our old coffee cards for brewed.

The horizon court has a new dessert station added.

So far, a great cruise.

Abby

I heard the newly added vines on the Sapphire does not offer tappas or sushi..Can you confirm this please? I have hopes that it may have been an embarkation day thing....I really loved this quiet spot on Crown and Emerald. The sushi there was really really good. The "sushi" at the Horizon court is little more than bait..

We're on the Sapphire on our way to Hawaii. I'm blogging it, so you can read my updates here: http://www.abbydancer2003.blogspot.com

I might be a day or two behind, but it should continue.

If you have questions, feel free to post them here, and I'll try to answer. I'll be checking this at least once a day.

Some things I've noticed so far:

The dry dock work seems to be done. All we've seen so far was somebody varnishing some rails yesterday, and a pile of outdoor carpeting. Maybe they'll do a carpet replacement when we're in port.

We went to the IC for coffee today and they took our old coffee cards for brewed.

The horizon court has a new dessert station added.

So far, a great cruise.

Abby

Enjoyed reading your blog and info. about the Sapphire. Enjoy dancing your way to Hawaii.

How is the band in the Wheelhouse? What is there name? and how long will they be

on board?

Thanks for your answers and have a great cruise.

Greg

We will be following your reports as well, we sail March 24.

No questions here! What ever you post will be great with us. Were on board in April. ENJOY!!!

We are on the same cruise with them !!! :D

Pat

Hi all,

In answer to questions:

Sorry, no food in Vines. It's very small on this ship. About 1/2 the space in Vines on other ships is being used for Alfredo's here (very good pizza btw).

Ocean's Quartet is in the Wheelhouse - they're a pretty good dance band and they said they'll be here through May as of now.

Yes, there are Pilates in the Patter.

And the weather has been rough - force 7-9 winds and rough seas. We're having a rocking time. Literally.

Hi all,

In answer to questions:

Sorry, no food in Vines. It's very small on this ship. About 1/2 the space in Vines on other ships is being used for Alfredo's here (very good pizza btw).

Disappointed about Vines. It would be a selling point for us. We do like pizza though. It is free?

Hi all,

In answer to questions:

Ocean's Quartet is in the Wheelhouse - they're a pretty good dance band and they said they'll be here through May as of now.

And the weather has been rough - force 7-9 winds and rough seas. We're having a rocking time. Literally.

Thanks for the info on Pilates. Sounds like we need to be sure to bring Bonine or something!

Thanks so much for reporting back....Hope the seas calm down a little for you. Any word of a wine package available on the Sapphire?

Thanks for the posts. Will be on the Sapphire in a couple of weeks.Wonder if you can tell me which dining room is used for 5:30 traditional.We are going with a group and we all have that seating.

Glad the seas are getting better.I don't like the rough seas.We are going on the Golden the end of April.Hope the sea will be calm then,but you never know.

Hi all,

In answer to questions:

Abby, what kinds of pizza are offered in Alfredo's?

Abby, what kinds of pizza are offered in Alfredo's?

There are about 5 or 6 individual pizza's offer. I had the veggie one and my husband had the "Sapphire Princess" - it had ham and some other stuff. I'll take another look and get back to you.

Thanks Abby for posting and doing a blog!

I have been watching the web cam and it does look like you had some gloomy weather at sea. I just know it will be beautiful in the Islands!!:D

Looking forward to meeting you later this year on the Golden ;)

Robin:D

Abby I am enjoying reading your blog we went to hawaii a few years ago and the seas are high in the first few days. We wear a patch so we don't get sea sick.

First, I hope your dad wasn't too excited about Hilo, because we're not going. The weather has been rough - with seas up to 20 feet and wind gusts up to 50mph. As a result, the ship has been slowed down enough that tomorrow will be a sea day. In order to preserve the day in Honolulu, they are moving it to Saturday, leaving the stops in Maui and Kauai intact. So our schedule:

Friday - Lahaina

Saturday Honolulu

Sunday Kauai

At the moment, I'm sitting in the Patassiere, changing car reservations and trying to contact my friends who are vacationing in Waikiki. While I wait for windows to load (internet is so-so), I grabbed an Alfredo's menu.

Here are the pizzas (assume tomato sauce and mozzarella unless otherwise stated):

Capricciosa - artichoke hears, mushrooms, prosciutto, olives basil

Romana - anchovies,capers, olives basil

Taratntina - cherry tomatoes, parma ham, paremsan

Vegetarinana - no tomato sauce, instead tomatoes and a bunch of veggies.

So that's the update from the rocking and rolling Sapphire. I should have my blog entry for Monday up sometime today, and I might have Tuesdays as well.

Abby

First, I hope your dad wasn't too excited about Hilo, because we're not going. The weather has been rough - with seas up to 20 feet and wind gusts up to 50mph. As a result, the ship has been slowed down enough that tomorrow will be a sea day. In order to preserve the day in Honolulu, they are moving it to Saturday, leaving the stops in Maui and Kauai intact. So our schedule:

Friday - Lahaina

Saturday Honolulu

Sunday Kauai

At the moment, I'm sitting in the Patassiere, changing car reservations and trying to contact my friends who are vacationing in Waikiki. While I wait for windows to load (internet is so-so), I grabbed an Alfredo's menu.

Here are the pizzas (assume tomato sauce and mozzarella unless otherwise stated):

Capricciosa - artichoke hears, mushrooms, prosciutto, olives basil

Romana - anchovies,capers, olives basil

Taratntina - cherry tomatoes, parma ham, paremsan

Vegetarinana - no tomato sauce, instead tomatoes and a bunch of veggies.

So that's the update from the rocking and rolling Sapphire. I should have my blog entry for Monday up sometime today, and I might have Tuesdays as well.

Abby

Yikes! Thanks for the update. Dad's not one for being all that flexible, so I'm sure he's not thrilled about the change in schedule. He's probably not too thrilled about the weather either. That's cruising for you, never know what you're gonna get.:D

Enjoy your cruise, and if you happen to run into a couple from Huntington Beach, Ca named Bob and Nancy, tell them Tracey says hi!!:)

Thanks for the report and your blog! I love rough seas so I am hoping that we have them as well on March 10! Since it is California's rainy season, that just might happen!

Enjoy your cruise and thank you for posting. It is very much appreciated.

Thanks for the posts. Will be on the Sapphire in a couple of weeks.Wonder if you can tell me which dining room is used for 5:30 traditional.We are going with a group and we all have that seating.

Glad the seas are getting better.I don't like the rough seas.We are going on the Golden the end of April.Hope the sea will be calm then,but you never know.

In all likelihood, you will be in the International Dining Room, and possibly Vivaldi's...

Hi all,

There's now constant ship movement - kind of fun if you like that sort of thing. I'm up late, so I just posted Monday and Tuesday of the blog. Not the most exciting information, but that's the point of sea days, of which we have one extra.

http://www.abbydancer2003.blogspot.com