Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Almagetty

Who's Dawn's Captain?

Can someone tell me who the current Captain is on the Dawn? I used to work for the company way back when and know many of the current captains from the time they were first officers. Just out of curiosity I would like to know if I know the guy who responded so well to this situation.;)

THe NY Times says Captain's name is Niklas Peterstam.

Can someone tell me who the current Captain is on the Dawn? I used to work for the company way back when and know many of the current captains from the time they were first officers. Just out of curiosity I would like to know if I know the guy who responded so well to this situation.;)

We were on the Dawn a couple of weeks ago and were told that the Captain is not the same person who was Captain on her before the drydock.

Same Captain as our 11/28 Dawn. Smart, no nonsense, experienced. I'm surprised he didn't give up the helm to some of the newswriters and back-seat experts who all seem to know more about running a ship than he does...

Our family sailed on the Dawn 6/04 and Niklas Peterstam was our captain, very personable, approachable, spent time speaking with our family, we felt very comfortable w/ him.

LadyHill:)

We just got off the Dawn on the 19th and Captain Idar Hoydal was our captain......he pronounces it like "edar"

We just got off the Dawn on the 19th and Captain Idar Hoydal was our captain......he pronounces it like "edar"

We were on the 5/1/05 sailing and Capt., Peterstam was the Capt.

Capt., Hoydal was on our cruise last Sept., 2004.

Perhaps they rotate? Vacations?

We hit rough seas both times and they both were great:)

Captain Peterstam and Captain Hoydal work 10 weeks on and 10 weeks off. This info came from Rehne Copeland herself. Hope this helps :D

~~Debbie~~