Midwest Gay Cruisers!!!!

stevesing121

Hey Guys! We're in St. Louis and are looking forward to sailing Sapphire Princess in May for a Pacific coast cruise.

Our last cruise was supposed to stop in Roatan, but we were unable to dock, adding an unexpected additional sea day. We were disappointed because we really wanted to check out Roatan.

Our next trip will probably be a Baltic cruise.

Hey Guys! We're in St. Louis and are looking forward to sailing Sapphire Princess in May for a Pacific coast cruise.

Our last cruise was supposed to stop in Roatan, but we were unable to dock, adding an unexpected additional sea day. We were disappointed because we really wanted to check out Roatan.

Our next trip will probably be a Baltic cruise.

We had a similar experience regarding Roatan; really excited about visiting it since we had never been there. The reason, we didn't dock was because Roatan was having a civil war with Honduras. Because of this, I am glad we did not stop in Roatan.

Scott

We have been to Roatan twice but the first time the port that the ship pulled up to was covered in barbwire with armed guards at the fence:eek:. We were going to stay on the ship this year and not get off but Carnival built a beautiful new port of its own. It is really nice to go there now.:D

What is everyones favorite port? We liked Roatan. Went to a private resort for the day. They had a private nude beach and lunch was provided. Could use one of the resort rooms for teh day for cahnging clothes and just restng. Had a regular beach also.

Our favorite so far. Going to Bermuda for teh first time in April.

We've been to Roatan a couple of times. I really have mixed feeling about this port, having both good times and scary times on separate occasions.

My favorite port of all times was St. Barth. It has nice beaches, good scuba diving and great food. All in all, there is a very European feel to the island.

John & Fred from Chicago (and part-time Madison), here! We're going on our second cruise next month, another transatlantic on the Solstice. We didn't think we would like it, but are obviously addicted.

On Wisconsin!

John

Born and raised in St. Paul, have lived in Chicago and worked out of Detroit for many years. Now in San Francisco.

There are so many cruiser in the Midwest that we have met and stayed friends with, your group should prosper.

ED

Where are you off to? My Partner and I are sailing Celebrity Summit on March 10th. Can't wait! Chicago guys here.:)

Hello fellow Chicagoans! My partner, Jim, and I are sailing in November 2012 on the Queen Elizabeth. Our third voyage on Cunard. In 2010, we sailed from Rome to Southampton on the Queen Victoria and in May, completed our first transatlantic aboard the Queen Mary 2. Loved each voyage and made some nice shipboard friends.

Robert

Lakeview, Chicago, IL

John & Fred from Chicago (and part-time Madison), here! We're going on our second cruise next month, another transatlantic on the Solstice. We didn't think we would like it, but are obviously addicted.

On Wisconsin!

John

Hello fellow Chicagoans! My partner, Jim, and I are sailing in November 2012 on the Queen Elizabeth. Our third voyage on Cunard. In 2010, we sailed from Rome to Southampton on the Queen Victoria and in May, completed our first transatlantic aboard the Queen Mary 2. Loved each voyage and made some nice shipboard friends.

On a side note, we are considering trying one of the famous Wisconsin lodges this summer. Any recommendations?

Robert

Lakeview, Chicago, IL

Hello fellow Chicagoans!

Wow - that is an impressive listing!

My partner, Jim, and I are sailing in November 2012 on the Queen Elizabeth. Our third voyage on Cunard. In 2010, we sailed from Rome to Southampton on the Queen Victoria and in May, completed our first transatlantic aboard the Queen Mary 2. Loved each voyage and made some nice shipboard friends.

Robert

Lakeview, Chicago, IL

• 1 month later...

Hey all!

Took our first cruise together in 2009 and have been on 7 since then (8 if you double count a back to back). Our vacation of choice, RCCL and Celebrity.

Next voyage is on the Reflection in December, though keeping our eyes open for a last minute fare our of Seattle for the week of July 4th if we can.

Love Celebrity, though we've found friends of Dorothy hit or miss, it's really about the venue, when you board check the message board, if it's in a secluded venue, write up a card and place it overtop to change it to a bar that fronts an active area. i.e., on Celebrity Michael's Club = poor turnout, Martini Bar (or Molecular Bar on S Class) will get a better group going.

The key is there is people watching and it's not awkward to be waiting for people you've never met....we're such a punctual group! ;)

Hey all!

Took our first cruise together in 2009 and have been on 7 since then (8 if you double count a back to back). Our vacation of choice, RCCL and Celebrity.

Next voyage is on the Reflection in December, though keeping our eyes open for a last minute fare out of Seattle for the week of July 4th if we can. Booked some award tickets on Southwest, so if we cancel no harm done.

Love Celebrity, though we've found friends of Dorothy hit or miss, it's really about the venue, when you board check the message board, if it's in a secluded venue, write up a card and place it overtop to change it to a bar that fronts an active area. i.e., on Celebrity the Martini Bar (or Molecular Bar on S Class) will get a better group going. Somewhere like Michael's club is set aside, and it is awkward to hang around if no one has shown up yet.

The key is there is people watching and it's not awkward to be waiting for people you've never met....we're such a punctual group! ;)

• 5 months later...

We are thirty days away from our next cruise. We will be on the NCL Sun departing 10/24.

Ports are Cartegena, Aruba, Curacao, St. Maartin and St. Thomas.

Both of are filled with antici............pation!

Anyone else venturing out in the near future?

My partner and I are getting ready for our first cruise in December. The GRANDUER OF THE SEAS out of Colon Panama for 7 nights. I am much more excited than he is, though. I have been fantasizing about it since May. We've got a JS on Deck 8, aft. I think it should be incredible. Anyone else going? It'll br fun!

Dec. 2nd to Cartegena, Colombia, Bonnaire, Curacao, Aruba and back. Lots of Latin food and music. If you miss it, how can you go on ... really?

Hello All,

Tulsa, Oklahoma here! I'm 39 (turning 4-0 in December) and he's 43, and we'll be doing our fourth cruise next year to Alaska! I'm absolutely addicted and could imagine myself doing cruise vacations exclusively. I imagine he'll drag me inland a time or two but living smack dab in the middle of the US has me craving the water. I never sleep better than when I'm on a ship.

Regards,

Danny

Hi Greg!

It sounds like you are also going to experience the Southern Caribbean aboard ship.

I am so very excited about this, my firt cruise ever.

Reading all of the stuff on CC makes me feel much more like doing things that I might not have considered.

Let me know what you think, when you get back. I'm not scheduled to go until December 2nd. My itinerary also includes the ABC Islands(Arube, Bonaire and Curacao).

I look forward to hearing more.

Tom

Hi Greg!

It sounds like you are also going to experience the Southern Caribbean aboard ship.

I am so very excited about this, my firt cruise ever.

Reading all of the stuff on CC makes me feel much more like doing things that I might not have considered.

Let me know what you think, when you get back. I'm not scheduled to go until December 2nd. My itinerary also includes the ABC Islands(Arube, Bonaire and Curacao).

I look forward to hearing more.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I'd be happy to share my opinions of Aruba and Curacao. We are really looking forward to this cruise. With seventeen days left all that's left to do is pack, oh yeah and get sunscreen! This will be my eleventh cruise and I am still not tired of them.

I really hope you enjoy your cruise. Once you get past check in, cruising is one of the most relaxing ways to vacation. When you get back Tom, you will have to share your impressions of your first cruise. I always enjoy hearing about something through the eyes of a newbie!

Regards,

Archived