Legend mother/daughter cruise review - Feb 5-12 with photos

newdestination

Finally figured out how to see all your pics, especially enjoyed the ones of the beach since I never got to a beach. Went ziplining and snorkeling. Your review and memory of each day was fabulous. I too went to the Serenity Area many times but didn't know how to figure out if anyone from this site was there. Someone might have recognized my group w/the Maryland shirts on the 1st day and the bathrobe mamosa party on the last day. Not claiming all of them, was quite a rowdy bunch. Fun cruise, loved the ship, easy to navigate.

Enjoyed reading your cruise review.. DW, our two DDs and I were on the Conquest June 2011.. It was their first cruise and my second (Premiere Big Red Boat in 1996) .. Must have caught a bug or something, because DW and I are booked on the RCL Allure of the Seas this summer while the two DDs are at sleep-away camp for 25 days..

For the person who was asking about the Dolphin swim, in Cozumel we did the Swim with the Dolphins excursion @ the Dolphinarium and it was one of the highlights of our trip.. DW and I finally got around to putting together a photo book just on that excursion.. We booked this through Carnival.

If you do this one, please be aware the photo packages appear to be expensive. I say appear because we haggled with them until they through in some 8x10 prints and all of the photos they took of us on a CD along with a DVD ..

Regards,

mG

Finally figured out how to see all your pics, especially enjoyed the ones of the beach since I never got to a beach. Went ziplining and snorkeling. Your review and memory of each day was fabulous. I too went to the Serenity Area many times but didn't know how to figure out if anyone from this site was there. Someone might have recognized my group w/the Maryland shirts on the 1st day and the bathrobe mamosa party on the last day. Not claiming all of them, was quite a rowdy bunch. Fun cruise, loved the ship, easy to navigate.

I didn't see the bathrobe group but I think I remember seeing the Maryland shirts the first day.

As far as remembering everything I have to keep a journal. It's something I started doing many trips ago. I feel compelled to do it because I enjoy reliving my trips by the things I wrote down.

Zip lining is still on my very long bucket list.

• 2 weeks later...
I just searched this thread and I didn't find.... How did you get your pics to be so big? I can only get a thumbnail....

I uploaded pics to Shutterfly first and then copied the link to the photo there to the website here. It seems if you just try to link the photo from your computer you only get the thumbnail. If you search "uploading photos" or "posting photos" you should come up with several threads with step by step instructions.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks so much for your very detailed review of your cruise! It was very interesting and informative. Now, it makes me want October to get here really soon!! We will be on the Legend for Halloween!!! Can't wait!:)

October will be here before you know it! have a great cruise on the Legend!

for your review and great pics.

I think the Legend is our favorite ship. Been on her 3 times and once on her sister the Miracle. Just wish she went to Costa Maya which is our favorite 'relax at the beach day' in the village of Majuhaul.

Glad you enjoyed the review. I've never been to Costa Maya....a new destination for me some day!

• 2 weeks later...

Carnival's dress code is pretty relaxed. There are two "elegant" nights where you will see people in everything from jeans to evening gowns. The rest of the nights are very casual. It's been a long time since my only Royal Caribbean cruise but I would guess from what I've read here at CC the dress codes are much the same as Carnival's.

If you don't want to go to the MDR you can go to the buffet (don't need to dress up at all there)or the extra charge steakhouse, and there is always pizza.

Hope you enjoy the Legend.

• 1 year later...