Forum Maintenance: Wednesday March 20 @5:00 am ET Read more... ×
Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

waterbound

Live from Rhapsody of The Seas

Im on the Rhapsody right now and checking my email so I thought Id check in.. So far so good with the cruise.. This is my first RCCL cruise.. I have cruised with Carnival 5 times.. Overall we are having a great time.. Its hard not to compare everything to Carnival but Im trying to stop doing that.. There are noticable things and things I liked better with Carnival but its what you make out of it... The food is great!! The weather is beautiful.. We stopped at Key West yesterday and loved not having to be on until 11:30.. This is the first time we have hit Key West at night and it was nice.. we ended up just going to the Mel Fisher Museum and then walking around shopping, eating and drinking.. stopped at Hard Rock Cafe, Fat Tuesdays and Hogs Breath.. We went to the sunset party in Mallory Square.. some of the characters there were something.. It was beautiful to walk up to the ship at the end of the day and see the ship all lit up... today is just a sea day... tomorrow is Grand Cayman--we're doing the aquaboats and then on to Cozumel on Friday.. doing the Fury Catamaran-- its our 4th time to do this excursion and we love it!!!.. Love the Ben and Jerrys!!.. Was disappointed that they did the first big show last night and only one showing.. I would have thought that they would have done it on the formal night when everyone was onboard.. I would have loved to have seen it.. Also wonder about the cabin steward.. do they not have assistants? just curious... Our room doesnt get made up until around 1 oclock or so... only see a few cabin stewards but their carts are ALWAYS in the hallways.. We did a guarantee inside cabin and we are stuck way out of the way.. you have to go down a corridor and then make a turn down another dark hallway and then turn onto another hallway... the room is extremely small... the sad thing is its supposed to be a step above the smallest room.. I couldnt imagine a smaller room than this one...

Well just wanted to drop a few comments ... Please dont get me wrong we are having a wonderful time.... will write review upon return..

Bye for now...

Glad to see you're enjoying the Rhapsody. Several of the 24thers watched you come into Key West yesterday. Tommorrow, will be watching you on Caymans Webcam. Take good care of our ship & maybe we'll see ya'll when you get back Sunday.

Lots and lots of Carnival and Rhapsody lover's that come to the DFW Meet n Mingle get togethers! Ya'll will have to join in the next one this summer and tell us about how you compaired the two lines. Our DFW thread is on the Floataway Board.

EW

All of the insides on the Rhapsdoy are the same size.The Cat. difference is location only.

Have a great week..

What show is only performed once?

If you haven't yet.

1) go to the Library and enjoy the balcony on your own.

2)Go up to the Observation deck late late at night.Amazing star gazing.

3)Spend some quite time on Deck 5.

4) Enjoy leaving Coz from the Viking lounge..And wait for an amazing Sunset,if the weather is clear..Same thing on Sat evening...With the Oil rigs in Site.

5)Sneak into the Shall we dance in the Afternoon,if its not being used..And enjoy that view.

6)Have you taken in Kamakosi(sp???) Karaoke?

7)Use the steamroom/sauna in the spa changing rooms.

Thanks for taking time out of your vacation schedule to post! Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Lord Wallie...I don't have a clue.

We usually take our Rhapsody in Sept..But this year those that normally sail with us,Dad siblings etc) will be on Rhapsody for the May 1st sailing..And then we are on our own for OCt...I have rented a condo in Galveston for a few days.We have a SeaWorld trip,a Schlitterbaun/tubing trip,and camping trip planned.And we nee to get to England to see DD,before they repo to Okinawa for 5 years.

So.It may be enough to keep me occupied.

I saw Folgy (or Stretch?) congratulate L. the other day..Whats up in her life?

Sounds like you will have plenty to keep you busy till you get to go. She is going back on the water! There is mention of it at the summer place where we fool around. :rolleyes:

Waterbound

Thanks for the review. Keep 'em coming.

I've been thinking about Rhapsody. I love Carnival, I'm just ready for some different ports.

I've heard good and bad about Key West. I've always wanted to go there thanks to Jimmy Buffett songs but didn't want to waste a trip if the bad stuff it true. At least with a cruise you move on in a few hours.

Pirate,

Key West is a great place. We have been there twice, both times on Rhapsody and loved it. I would like to spend several days there but just can't make it work. Saw Jimmy 2 weeks ago in Las Vegas. Oh, I would love to be a coral reefer!

Karen

Hi waterbound:

Thanks for posting, hope you are enjoying your day in Cayman. Can you please check and see if a bartender named Paul English from Jamaica is on board? Usually you can ask anyone at the pool bar, and they know who he is. If you do get a chance to meet Paul, please tell him "Fausto" says hi. Thanks. Who is your waiter? Enjoy the rest of your cruise...Cozumel tomorrow.....WOOHOO!!!

Fausto

Thanks for the post. Hubby and I sail on the Rhapsody in June and I cannot wait!!! (We are doing the itinerary with Montego Bay though instead of Key West.

Enjoy and have a great time.

Hi Waterbound: Thanks for the review. Enjoy the rest of your cruise! It'll be our turn on the Rhapsody on July 3. Can't hardly wait!! I think we're in the same category inside cabin as you are. It's described as a large interior and is approx. 10 sq. feet larger (151 sq. ft ) than the smaller interior (141 sq. ft.) We're going to be 3 and since this isn't the first time in an inside (X-Horizon, RC-Majesty) I think we will do just fine. It just makes it easier to step up to that much coveted balcony suite!!

Wallie 5446: I'm in Plano and missed your recent Dallas M&M party. When will the one in summer take place?

Can someone give a computer challenged woman instructions for adding the cruise count down to her signature? In detail? LOL I read once you find it you can copy it to your signature but haven't a clue how to do that!! (hanging my head in shame)

Please keep all of those wonderful reviews and tips coming. You all make the anticipation so much more exciting.

Bonnie,

We would love to see ya there! Here is a link to the DFW Thread on Floataway; http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44223

The next one will prob be sometime in July.

BTW, Our DD used to be on staff on Majesty, we have Cruised on Horizon also. We cruised on Rhaspody last year and can add that you are going to love Her! great Ship and Crew.

EW

Bonnie,

We would love to see ya there! Here is a link to the DFW Thread on Floataway; http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44223

The next one will prob be sometime in July.

BTW, Our DD used to be on staff on Majesty, we have Cruised on Horizon also. We cruised on Rhaspody last year and can add that you are going to love Her! great Ship and Crew.

EW

EW, thanks for the info! It's tucked safe in my fave places for future use! I am so glad to hear you had a positive experience on the Rhapsody. I really am so encouraged by all the wonderful feedback I've been getting. Could be that us Texans are sooooooooooo great.. yeeeeeeeeeeeeeha. Ok, so I am in TX only 19 months but I sure feel like one of you!! (y'all?) I hope the sail away will be after our cruise and not during it. I would love to share memorable experiences with all those present. BTW.. what is Floataway??

Hi Bonnie.

We're going to be in your town this weekend. Coming down to Plano to see our friends. Real quick trip. Driving down Friday afternoon and driving home Sunday. What's the weather supposed to be like this weekend? We plan on spending all day Saturday in the pool with a cool one in each hand :D

"Floataway" is the funny section of this site. It is for off (cruise) topic stuff. The thread he is referring you to a one all of us DFW (Dallas-Ft. Worth) area and beyond cruisers get together to plan outings about once per quarter so we can discuss -- Cruising!

Hi Bonnie.

We're going to be in your town this weekend. Coming down to Plano to see our friends. Real quick trip. Driving down Friday afternoon and driving home Sunday. What's the weather supposed to be like this weekend? We plan on spending all day Saturday in the pool with a cool one in each hand :D

The weather this weekend should be wonderful! Friday high of 77 and Sat. high of 81. Great pool weather! No rain in the forecast for those two days. Chance of rain on Sunday, though. If you haven't ever visited Plano, it's a great town with friendly people and tons of shopping and restaurants to fill the gaps. LOL Enjoy the weekend. Always wonderful to get together with friends.

Bonnie