Cucina del Capitano

bobcatcruiser1331

I know there are some people that have tried this place out on the Magic. How is it? Is it worth it? What should we try? We have tried out Giovanni's Table on Royal Caribbean, so is this comparable?

Thanks for your help!

Cucina is very good. It is free for lunch and there is a $12 cover for dinner. The menu is different for lunch and dinner. It is worth the cover for dinner.

I was on the Magic at the end of November. My friend and I went to Cucina for lunch twice and it was absolutely delicious!!! The dinner menu is posted on the website and you can see if you want to go there for dinner at night or not. Personally, the lunch was more than worth it for me and if the portions at dinner were anything like lunch I wouldn't have made it through the main course!!!!!!

The best time to go to Cucina is right when they open! Do not wait cuz you will have to wait as all the seats will be filled. The second time we went we got there a few minutes after 12 and shared a table with another couple cuz there was no other seats to be had!

I know there are some people that have tried this place out on the Magic. How is it? Is it worth it? What should we try? We have tried out Giovanni's Table on Royal Caribbean, so is this comparable?

Thanks for your help!

bobcatcruiser...we loved eating at the Cucina del Capitano on the Magic. We have spent 49 days on the Magic since October. We visited the Cucina on numerous evenings and also at lunch. It is defintely worth the $12 pp fee in the evenings. Great food, ambience, and service. DH really likes the New York Strip Steak that they serve at night. They have a special Italian sauce on the steak. They also offer several pasta or vegetable sides. I have tried several items on the evening menu and enjoyed them all. My favorite is the chicken parmagiana. We also enjoyed eating there at lunch. The lasagna at lunch is great! I cannot compare our experience to Giovanni's Table on RCL--have not been there. I do have to say that we will be on the Spirit in May, and I am already missing the fact that there is no Cucina on the Spirit. Hope this helps.

Sherrie in Seabrook:)

Cusina del Capitano has the best food and service that we have had on any cruise ship....bar none. At $12.00 it is a steal. The New York strip steak was as good a steak as I have had in any restaurant. I hope Carnival does not raise the prices. I could eat there every night!

Cusina del Capitano has the best food and service that we have had on any cruise ship....bar none. At $12.00 it is a steal. The New York strip steak was as good a steak as I have had in any restaurant. I hope Carnival does not raise the prices. I could eat there every night!

Do you know if you can order the steak without the sauce - my husband doesn't care for Italian food, but I do. I might convince him to eat dinner there if he could get a good steak!

Do you know if you can order the steak without the sauce - my husband doesn't care for Italian food, but I do. I might convince him to eat dinner there if he could get a good steak!

My DH said the sauce seems more like a regular steaksauce (but a very good one). In addition, they have great appetizers and desserts. We have also eaten at the steahouse on the Magic and in his opinion, the steak in the Cucina is much better.

They already did - it used to be $10!

We were on the Magic Feb 12 thru the following week. We ate at that place 3 or 4 times. It was great. I had gluten free but the rest had regular food. Lasagna and all kinds of macaroni. They all said it was great. We had no problems finding seats. A lot of people didn't know it was there. I hope the rest of the ships make one too. We also ate at the supper club. Always good. I would go any day.

We were on Magic for the Feb. 12 cruise. I had read about the Cucina on CC, and knew it was where to go for lunch when boarding! No problem getting a table. The food was great, my husband loved the lasagna. They had the menu sitting out for the evening meals, and it all sounded wonderful. We had lunch there twice but didn't go at night - next time!

Definitely worth it for at least one night. We all shared our stuff and found the pastas to be excellent, but the braised short ribs were insanely good.

Agreed.... definitely worth it !!

I loved the Carbonara...and lemon sherbert - it was FANTASTIC :D DH had the steak and the cannoli - but was really disappointed with the cannoli :o

At lunch it is the same, but the dinner option is not currently available on Dream.

I don't know why they don't add this without a Dry Dock. It seems like some of the 2.0 upgrades they are implementing could be done seemlessly instead of prolonging it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived