Abanks dive center, sunset beach or Eden Rock dive

cruzinisgood

We dove with Clint Ebanks several years in a row, and the service was outstanding. He picks you up on the beach in front of your condo or hotel in a 40-foot dive boat with a little front ramp that drops onto the sand or into the water. Dive sites are only a few minutes offshore, and Cayman diving is unbeatable. Call Clint when you arrive.

We do not want to do a shore dive as this is our first time in Grand Cayman so we want a boat dive.

Also they are all close to the port.

Anything outstanding about each or why I should not use one or the other?

Abanks and Eden Rock are popular shore dives. They are close to each other and very close to the tender piers. I assume the other you are referring to is Sunset House which is about a mile or so south of the tender pier area. Sunset House also has a popular shore dive and would be considered a "large" dive operator for the purposes of boat diving.

I know Eden Rock had its boat slip a mooring and get destroyed on the shore several months ago. Not sure what they are doing for boat dives since then.

Most small dive ops that have flexible scheduling that works with cruise ship schedules will pick you up from the port area and drive you to their dive centre/boat. A few of the really large companies have contracts with the cruise lines and cannot book you other than through the ship's shore excursion.

Other dive operations close to town include the several small dive operators operating out of the Lobster Pot Dive Centre, just a couple buildings past Burger King north of the tender piers. Off the Wall Divers, Wall to Wall, Deep Blue, Cayman Diving School, and Happy Fish all leave out from there.

"Drew Sailbum" I think you might be the perfect person to ask... we are looking for a nice little spot to snorkel & see some underwater beauty! When our ship was detoured in Oct. we docked on the other side of the island (not sure where) & walked to a small beach we could see from the ship.(looking right from the boat) We found a sweet spot w/a little reef that looked like an underwater tv documentary. We would love to find something like this in the George town area.I am sure your knowledge would greatly help! The best part was it seemed like our special spot. Only about 10 others were anywhere in that area the whole day :)

Thanks for your replies.

Deciding to get away from the crowd so..

After many emails and reading responses we are diving with Cayman Turtle divers.

There will only be 6 divers, which is what we were looking for.

They pick us up by the pier.

Will have options to dive where we want weather depending..

Also we are set up to dive with Eagle Ray Divers in Cozumel.

60 more days!!

Archived