You Can't Please Some People

Warm Breezes

I can't understand having a bias towards any particular mass market cruiseline. I haven't had the chance to sail RCL yet, but I hope that someday there will be a hot deal that makes it worth my while. I can't justify the difference in cost between RCL and the Pride, and I haven't seen any deals that have made me want to fly. It's sort of, been there done that for the islands, so if I'm not going somewhere totally new and improved, I may as well hop on my old, familiar stand-by. I'd love to try one of the newer, bigger ships but I'll wait until the next new thing comes along and the prices drop.

There have been some things that each cruiseline have excelled at, and others have fallen somewhat short, but overall they rank about the same imo.

The one thing I will give to RCCL over CCL, and you know this going on the Pride so many times, Port Canaveral is not one of their stops. I have looked at the Pride a hundred times, but I will not spend money on a cruise that stops in Port Canaveral...I can fly there and leave on a cruise, I don't want that to be a destination...

Doesn't that say it all...

There are also think that because many times RCCL is more expensive than CCL they are superior...but I am also not someone to pay $8,000 for a week for a suite just so my 1 year old can have a bathtub and not just a shower like he does.:rolleyes:

But, to each his or her own. We know what we want and what we like and we will cruise whichever ship and line and itinerary that fits our needs.

I have sailed RCCL, Princess and Carnival and for the money I think Carnival is a way better value. In my opinion, some people just think that if a cruise is significantly less expensive it must be inferior. Those same people must think that if it's more expensive, it must be better! :rolleyes:

I have sailed RCCL, Princess and Carnival and for the money I think Carnival is a way better value. In my opinion, some people just think that if a cruise is significantly less expensive it must be inferior. Those same people must think that if it's more expensive, it must be better! :rolleyes:

True and most of them think that they are also better so they cannot sink to the level of the other CCL cruisers.

I had the same attitude of your co-worker about Carnival. I was a veryyy loyal Princess customer but my girlfriends I sail with every year really wanted to go on the Carnival Miracle to the Caribbean, so I gave in. I had been on Carnival before, but only on the short baja mexican cruises and always had fun time but never wanted to go on a longer Carnival Cruise. I went on that cruise not expecting much at all b/c i was use to Princess and let me tell you--- I HAD THE BEST CRUISE OF MY LIFE! No joke...i had the best service on that cruise, the best food, the best entertainment, met the most amazing people and I was actually sad to go back to Princess the following year! lol. Anyways, can't wait to sail on Carnival again this year! :D

Some people will always be Ford people....

some people will always be Chevy people....

;)

That explains it....we have a Chevy Impala, 2 Ford Mustangs (1 classic), and a Dodge Caravan. I guess we just can't be loyal to anyone :D.

The one thing I will give to RCCL over CCL, and you know this going on the Pride so many times, Port Canaveral is not one of their stops. I have looked at the Pride a hundred times, but I will not spend money on a cruise that stops in Port Canaveral...I can fly there and leave on a cruise, I don't want that to be a destination...

Tell me about it. I so wish that they'd stop in Charleston instead. It doesn't really matter too much to me, since I don't bother to get off the ship most of the time anymore. The only time that it's actually been a plus was a trip in early December when we hit all of the attractions in both Universal parks in one day.

I also sailed Celebrity once, when it left Balto. The price was very comparable to CCL, I was very leery of doing it because of the snob factor and all. My TA tried to convince me to do it. I thought long and hard, and then booked it. Glad I did. Again I found no real differences from the other 2 lines, .... except those nice cool cloths they give you as you come back from excursions. Although I would not pay extra for it.

I always thought Carnival was a party ship and not something I'd enjoy. So for our first cruise, we cruised Princess. It was not our style at all. After that, we decided to try Carnival based on price and itinerary. It fits us better than Princess. I cannot speak to other lines that I have not tried. But I know that I typically like Carnival's price better.

He got "forced" into going because he and his wife were going with another couple and that was the cruise they wanted to go on.

Forced???

Was someone holding a gun to his head? Even if it was not the cruise he wanted to go on, he still made a choice to go. I wasn't happy about going on my very first cruise. It was my wife's Idea, but I went and had a great time. Cruising on Carnival has been our preferred vacation ever since.

My parents used to be Loyal Royal's too until RC re-worked their "loyalty" program. So last year we all tried NCL for the first time and their next two cruises are booked on Carnival ;)

Having been on three lines now I still feel they are more similar than different. Yes, RC has a few more adventure items on board but most of the time on vacation I am all about relaxing. I just love cruising and will be happy to be on vacation; if someone doesn't like Carnival I would prefer they not be on my cruise and try to ruin my good time.

Good luck to your husband. I am sure he is going to get an earful :eek:

Tell me about it. I so wish that they'd stop in Charleston instead. It doesn't really matter too much to me, since I don't bother to get off the ship most of the time anymore. The only time that it's actually been a plus was a trip in early December when we hit all of the attractions in both Universal parks in one day.

I would take Key West, HMC or an overnight in a port once in a while is nice, so you can get 2 days to explore.

We have dear friends who are Loyal Royals also. They too had a very biased opinion of Carnival, based solely on hear say of other Royals. After they had "the discussion" with us, and realized that oh, probably 95% of what they heard wasn't true, they have changed their attitudes. Now granted, they won't sail Carnival, but neither too will we sail Royal, lol. Sorry, not paying my hard earned money for a room the size of a closet and crap I'll never use like surfing or rock climbing. To each his own. :D

And do you use all the crap on the carnival ships? You sound very biased yourself! If you have never sailed Royal, how do you know you wouldn't like the size of the rooms? I've sailed both lines and can tell you that the difference in the size of the rooms isn't even noticeable! The big difference is that Royal arranges the rooms so well that it isn't problem. Now, the ugly decor on the carnival ships, that's problem for anyone with good taste.

When I researched ships when I was 19, I had a terrible opinion of Carnival (I've never partied or acted my age, I have an old soul) and refused to consider it. I fell in love with the Princess line. I was researching for my honeymoon which never happened. When it came time that I could cruise, I didn't work and my husband was E-4 in the military, we were working with limited funds. We choose Carnival ONLY because of the price. And we loved it. Sure they like brass which I think is ugly but really, you hardly notice it once on-board and it certainly isn't worth paying twice as much for another ship which might also use a lot of brass. I'm going on my 4th Carnival cruise this month. The only way we can cruise is to do it extremely cheaply which Carnival offers dirt cheap prices.

I bet I would enjoy the other lines, I might even prefer them. But I don't prefer to pay twice the price for the same or very similar experience. I'd rather take the extra money to spend during the trip or to book another one.

I don't know what lines you're talking about paying twice the price for. You obviously need to do better research!

I laugh when people make such assumptions about Carnival , we have sailed both lines, I would say I prefer RCI ships over Carnival , especially the Voyager class ships are our favorite. But then they want a premium price unless I sniff out a deal. But we have no problem with Carnival.

But I really laugh when I go to the Royal board and read some of that garbage over there. Its unreal some of the crap they post over there , you would think Carnival ships are filled with rats and they serve you bread and water while you take turns on the oars.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Some people will always be Ford people....

some people will always be Chevy people....

;)

Lol. We have a Chrysler and a Honda so I wonder where that leaves us. Oh yeah--as seekers of the best value at the time!

It would be interesting to compare the port times of a Royal ship on a similar itinerary to the one this guy is on. They all seem just about identical most of the time.

I can't understand having a bias towards any particular mass market cruiseline. I haven't had the chance to sail RCL yet, but I hope that someday there will be a hot deal that makes it worth my while. I can't justify the difference in cost between RCL and the Pride, and I haven't seen any deals that have made me want to fly. It's sort of, been there done that for the islands, so if I'm not going somewhere totally new and improved, I may as well hop on my old, familiar stand-by. I'd love to try one of the newer, bigger ships but I'll wait until the next new thing comes along and the prices drop.

There have been some things that each cruiseline have excelled at, and others have fallen somewhat short, but overall they rank about the same imo.

How can you say that each cruise line excels at something's and fails at others? You said you haven' sail Royal so how do you know anything about that line?

How can you say that each cruise line excels at something's and fails at others? You said you haven' sail Royal so how do you know anything about that line?

Good grief, I was talking about my cruise experience. Given that I mentioned that I haven't sailed RCL yet, I would think that most people understood that I wasn't including RCL in that statement. I have sailed Princess, NCL, and Disney. That's what I based my comparison on.

And most people, myself included, that have sailed both lines KNOW that Royal IS superior! There is a reason for the saying...... You get what you pay for. It's true, carnival is cheap and you get a cheap experience!

I laugh when people make such assumptions about Carnival , we have sailed both lines, I would say I prefer RCI ships over Carnival , especially the Voyager class ships are our favorite. But then they want a premium price unless I sniff out a deal. But we have no problem with Carnival.

But I really laugh when I go to the Royal board and read some of that garbage over there. Its unreal some of the crap they post over there , you would think Carnival ships are filled with rats and they serve you bread and water while you take turns on the oars.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Carnival doesn't serve bread and water, they serve meatloaf and Mac and cheese!!! LOL

Archived