ATV-Speed Board - on your own???

COSMOM

When you get off the ship in Cancun, are there tour operators waiting there to sell you different tours? I was thinking about booking online, but the cancellation policies aren't too good and they make you pay in full. I've read that there are times when ships can't dock. If that happens and you aren't able to cancel within 24-48 hours, you don't get a refund. I'd rather wait until the day we arrive and see what the weather is like, etc. Also, when you read about the tour on-line, they all pick up at the hotels or at the pier in the hotel district. Anyone know where that is and if it's close to where the ships come in. I'm traveling on the NCL Norwegian Sea.

Well we got to cancun and rented a taxi for the day (2 of us) at 60.00. We asked him to take us to an atv tour and ended up at Paradise Maroma. A fabulous time. It was a combo ATV and Speedboat tour. We loved it- there were mainly resort guests there and no cruise passengers. The manager was super accomodating, allowing us to do the boat first followed by atv so that we would make it back in time. The place was about 45 minutes away from port. It was a lovely facility and a great tour. We really had to bargain for the 60.00 for taxi- i suppose we could have rented a car but were nervous that we wouldn't find it in time. It was pretty much straight all the way but i can still see that we may have gotton lost on our own. As far as tour operators at the port, there were none for ATV speedboat and that is really what we wanted to do- so it was well worth it.

Archived