Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

This list is maintained based on anecdotal info reported by cruisers on these ships, therefore I depend upon returning cruisers to post their CD here or to include it in their reviews. I try to sift through all the reviews for CD info. If anyone comes across CD info in another post, please call it to my attention by posting a reference to it here.

Please note the info does not come from an "official" source, and emails from RCI stating who the CD will be on a future cruise are often incorrect. CD's are not on a specific rotation schedule, and they move around from ship to ship, so it's impossible to predict in advance. Accuracy of this list is only as good as people reporting back to us after their cruises. It may be off by weeks, or even months.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney

Allure OTS - Ken Rush *leaving for break on April 1st. *Allan Brooks in April and May per his Facebook page

Brilliance OTS - Anna Bass *leaving sometime in March* Paul Lancaster is thought to be the next CD

Enchantment OTS - John Blair *due to take a break sometime in May - Carly Boileau May and June

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9. Richard stated on his FB page that he is leaving EX on June 7th.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *taking his break sometime in July, and returning sometime in September *Drew Devine for July and August

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton *per Joff: Luke Aerosmith should be the next CD (exact starting date unknown, but he should be there June 2nd)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) (Clo O'Connor for the westbound TA, then Carly Boileau back in Boston on Sept 16 after TransAtlantic.)

Legend OTS -

Liberty OTS - James Andrews

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman *per Dave: his break is May 7 through mid-July, and Mitch Merucci will be the CD on MJ during that time

Mariner OTS - Mitch Merucci

Monarch OTS - Drew Devine (Marc Walker will be going to Monarch at the end of his paternity leave)

Navigator OTS - Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *taking her break very soon Ricky Mathews is though to be the next CD. *Amy has stated that she will be returning to Oasis in late June

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown **Paul Rutter is thought to be joining Radiance as the CD for the first northbound Alaska cruise

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter

Serenade OTS - Leigh Xuereb *started 3/17

Splendour OTS - João Pereira

Vision OTS - Claudia Periou

Voyager OTS - Jimmy Rhodes *started 3/24. Gordon Whatman's facebook says he's back to Voyager on 30th Apr which is the beginning of the Barcelona-Dubai segment. Other info says that Gordon will be replacing Jimmy in Dubai, which would be May 15.

Not scheduled at the moment:

Dan Whitney

Mike Hunnerup

Keiron Buffery

Clo O'Conner

Simeon Baker

Leo Pappa

Bill Brunkhurst

Keith Williams

Future assignments are listed for:

Gordon Whatman

Allan Brooks

Luke Aeorsmith

Carly Boileau

Marc Walker

Paul Rutter

Paul Lancaster

Just got off the Monarch a week ago...CD - Drew Devine is apparently heading to the Freedom in July for a couple months.

Sailed with him a couple times and he is awesome. Did you know he is a photographer as well? Not just a drummer!

Dan

...addicted to RCCL!

OK - we have some speculated changes taking place this weekend. And, there are some ships whose info is based on older reviews that might be outdated now.

Here's what I need to verify. If anyone can help me, please post what you know, or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Did Amy leave Oasis (due 3/31), and is the currect CD Ricky Matthews?

Did Ken leave Allure (due 4/1), and is the current CD Allan Brooks?

Did Anna leave Brilliance (due end of March), and is the current CD Paul Lancaster?

Is Abel Jenney still on Adventure?

Is Dennis still on Jewel?

Is Warren still on Navigator?

Is Mitch still on Mariner? (He should be taking a break soon if he is going over to Majesty in May.)

Are Rhapsody, Splendour and Vision currently correct?

Does anyone know who is on Legend?

Donna, great job on this list.

Just thought I would let you know that Keiron Buffery is no longer with RCI.

Thank you so much for the info, and for the complement!

I took his name off the old CD thread and wasn't aware that he left the company. (do you know where he went, because surely someone is going to ask about him?)

I'll remove his name the next time I repost the list!

Donna, great job on this list.

Just thought I would let you know that Keiron Buffery is no longer with RCI.

It is really a shame about Kieron. He is an excellent CD and person. He is not working anywhere to my knowledge and has been gone from Royal Carib. since the end of February.

Pietro Asilli got on the independence yesterday

oh wow....Never heard of him. Thanks for the info.

How did you find that out? (because we have different info from Joff homself, who said that Luke Aerosmith would be his replacement).

Hello Donna, we just came back from the Adventure of Seas last Monday.

Abel sure is still there. Still the "beep beep ......... muh" Abel !!

Greetings from Germany

Chris

Danke Chris!

This list is maintained based on anecdotal info reported by cruisers on these ships, therefore I depend upon returning cruisers to post their CD here or to include it in their reviews. I try to sift through all the reviews for CD info. If anyone comes across CD info in another post, please call it to my attention by posting a reference to it here.

Please note the info does not come from an "official" source, and emails from RCI stating who the CD will be on a future cruise are often incorrect. CD's are not on a specific rotation schedule, and they move around from ship to ship, so it's impossible to predict in advance. Accuracy of this list is only as good as people reporting back to us after their cruises. It may be off by weeks, or even months.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney *verified on 3/30 that he is still there

Allure OTS - Ken Rush *leaving for break on April 1st. *Allan Brooks in April and May per his Facebook page

Brilliance OTS - Anna Bass *leaving sometime in March* Paul Lancaster is thought to be the next CD

Enchantment OTS - John Blair *due to take a break sometime in May - Carly Boileau May and June

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9. Richard stated on his FB page that he is leaving EX on June 7th.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *taking his break sometime in July, and returning sometime in September *Drew Devine for July and August

Independence OTS - Pietro Asilli *started 3/30 (Joff Eaton left on 3/30. per Joff: Luke Aerosmith would be Indy's CD for the June 2nd sailing)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) (Clo O'Connor for the westbound TA, then Carly Boileau back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.)

Legend OTS -

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman *per Dave: his break is May 7 through mid-July, and Mitch Merucci will be the CD on MJ during that time

Monarch OTS - Drew Devine (Marc Walker will be going to Monarch at the end of his paternity leave)

Navigator OTS - Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *left on 3/31 Ricky Mathews is though to be the next CD. *per Amy:she will be returning to Oasis in late June

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown **Paul Rutter is thought to be joining Radiance as the CD for the first northbound Alaska cruise

Voyager OTS - Jimmy Rhodes *started 3/24. Gordon Whatman's facebook says he's back to Voyager on 30th Apr which is the beginning of the Barcelona-Dubai segment. Other info says that Gordon will be replacing Jimmy in Dubai, which would be May 15.

Dan Whitney, Mike Hunnerup, Clo O'Connor, Simeon Baker, Leo Pappa, Bill Brunkhurst, Keith Williams, Joff Eaton

Gordon Whatman, Allan Brooks, Luke Aerosmith, Carly Boileau, Marc Walker, Paul Rutter, Paul Lancaster

Here's what I need to verify. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Did Anna leave Brilliance (due end of March), and is the current CD Paul Lancaster?

Is Mitch still on Mariner? (He should be taking a break soon if he is going over to Majesty in May.)

OK - we have some speculated changes taking place this weekend. And, there are some ships whose info is based on older reviews that might be outdated now.

Here's what I need to verify. If anyone can help me, please post what you know, or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Is Abel Jenney still on Adventure?

I just got off of the Oasis today and I can verify tha Amy is going on vacation. I heard it from her personally. She was a great cruise director, full of energy and very fun!

I just got off of the Oasis today and I can verify tha Amy is going on vacation. I heard it from her personally. She was a great cruise director, full of energy and very fun!

Thanks Melly! (did you happen to hear who her replacement would be?)

We just got off the Explorer. Richard Spacey said he is taken a 2 month vacation in June and will be back. Jimmy Rhodes will fill in for him when he is gone. He made it sound like he is the permanent cruise director of the explorer. He said things are subject to change. This was are second cruise with him. He is one of the best.

I will add this to the list the next time I do an update.

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9. Richard stated on his FB page that he is leaving EX on June 7th and will be returning in 2 months. Jimmy Rhodes will be filling in during Richard's break.

Independence OTS - Pietro Asilli *started 3/30 (Joff Eaton left on 3/30. per Joff: Luke Aerosmith would be Indy's CD for the June 2nd sailing)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) (Clo O'Connor for the westbound TA, then Carly Boileau back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.)

Legend OTS -

Navigator OTS - Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) *verified on 3/25 that he was still there

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert left on 3/31 and will be returning in late June. Ricky Mathews is thought to be the current CD, but still awaiting confirmation.

Dan Whitney, Mike Hunnerup, Clo O'Connor, Simeon Baker, Leo Pappa, Bill Brunkhurst, Keith Williams, Joff Eaton

Gordon Whatman, Allan Brooks, Luke Aerosmith, Carly Boileau, Marc Walker, Paul Rutter, Paul Lancaster

Here's what I need to verify. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Amy left Oasis on 3/31. Who is the currect CD (is it Ricky Matthews?)?

Thank you so much for the info, and for the complement!

I took his name off the old CD thread and wasn't aware that he left the company. (do you know where he went, because surely someone is going to ask about him?)

I'll remove his name the next time I repost the list!

Donna, I had posted on the old thread that Kerion had left Royal. He was fantastic and a real asset to RCCL! From his Facebook page he did not give details but the general tone from friends with the company was that he "received a dirty deal". His leaving makes us very sad as we were looking forward to sailing with him om Mariner 1 May!!!!! He was a true entertainer and made his cruises soooo enjoyable!!!

Is the Abel that is on Adventure the same one that was assistant on Grandeur of the Seas last year??

Probably. Abel was also Activities Director on Enchantment back in 2009.

Dan Whitney joined the Legend in March.

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9. Richard stated on his FB page that he is leaving EX on June 7th and will be returning in 2 months. Jimmy Rhodes will be filling in during Richard's break.

Legend OTS -

Navigator OTS - Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) *verified on 3/25 that he was still there

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert left on 3/31 and will be returning in late June. Ricky Mathews is thought to be the current CD, but still awaiting confirmation.

This list is maintained based on anecdotal info reported by cruisers on these ships, therefore I depend upon returning cruisers to post their CD here or to include it in their reviews. I try to sift through all the reviews for CD info. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source if possible), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Jewel OTS - Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles) *verified 3/25 that he is still there. (Clo O'Connor for the westbound TA, then Carly Boileau back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney *since March

Mike Hunnerup, Clo O'Connor, Simeon Baker, Leo Pappa, Bill Brunkhurst, Keith Williams, Joff Eaton

Here's what I need to verify. If anyone can help me, please post what you know (and provide your source if possible), or refer me to a review or thread that contains the info.

Archived