Thomson 2.5% charge on credit or debit cards

The supplemented drinks you list are no different to last year or the year before

For me AI is worth it(dependant on price of course) as whats available that does not carry a supplement far outweighs what drinks carry a supplement.

Totally agree Jim even paying the odd supplement still works out better for us.

Plus it's great not to have to think about cost. I am not a big wine drinker but like a glass of sparkling with my meal yes it costs an extra £1.15 but if we weren't AI you have to buy sparkling by the bottle at about £14 which would just be a waste with me.

The supplemented drinks you list are no different to last year or the year before

For me AI is worth it(dependant on price of course) as whats available that does not carry a supplement far outweighs what drinks carry a supplement.

Correct Jim ,I posted the bar menu at the new year and the prices quoted are still the same .

I will put it on again ,so peeps can make an informed,personal, choice of if it's worth it for them. :)

DestinyBarJan2012-1.jpg

DestinyBarJan2012.jpg

Hi Tercar, while I agree the prices are a tad expensive, some of the things you mention were chargeable the last time we cruised eg speciality coffee, malt whisky (don't know if it is a speciality Bells you are talking about), water, some cocktails, bottled beers and not sure about sparkling wine as we've never had it. All of them are listed in the terms and conditions in the brochure, except sparkling wine.

3 years since been on thomson and i have seena big difference, ummmmmmm think that is why i now go with Celebrity drinks package is far superior in every way and every thing is included even all types of water and there is no time limits 24 hours if you want it, and while on the subject of cost thomson charge £4.30 for continental breakfast in cabin on celebrity you can have room service 24 hours at no extra cost. I know who will get my hard earned cash...not thomson thats for sure.

We have a spirit drinks menu from oct 1.15 sup was on sparkling wine on that, wondering if the midnight buffet they mentioned is buffet manifique "sp" as the spirit don't do that

I agree it is a waste of money because no one really eats the food at night, however Celebrity have a special luch time buffet which is excellent and people do go to that one and it is well attended. the point i was making is why do the have all of these supplements at one time every thing was included, and every year more are added at a supplement, you have got to admit things are getting worse with thomson, standard, food quality even potion size are all getting worse. less staff who are over worked and have no time do do the little things which made a pleasent experience. For instance the staff in the dining room would make beautiful flowers from paper napkins,,, these are rarely seen now. Alrhough some people love the thomson product, which \i did at one time I have just seen too many cut backs and wonder what will be next.

Hi Tercar. Could you just clarify - is the price list that Kalos posted still accurate? Any info you could give with regard to which musicians are currently on board as well would be appreciated.

We really could do with a sticky at the top of the board for each ship with this sort of info that people could update as and when things change.

Hi Tercar. Could you just clarify - is the price list that Kalos posted still accurate? Any info you could give with regard to which musicians are currently on board as well would be appreciated.

We really could do with a sticky at the top of the board for each ship with this sort of info that people could update as and when things change.

Excellent idea. Should be lots of info about the Majesty when it takes over from the Destiny in May.

That was correct 3 week ago when I was last onboard the Destiny Grez :)

The prices Tercar has given you are the same ,her ship was the Spirit and the prices are about the same on most Thomson ships

and looking at Tercars examples I would say both ships are the same prices .;):)

3 years since been on thomson and i have seena big difference, ummmmmmm think that is why i now go with Celebrity drinks package is far superior in every way and every thing is included even all types of water and there is no time limits 24 hours if you want it, and while on the subject of cost thomson charge £4.30 for continental breakfast in cabin on celebrity you can have room service 24 hours at no extra cost. I know who will get my hard earned cash...not thomson thats for sure.

We are looking at Celebrity for 2013 especially with more UK sailings. What do you think are the pros and cons when compared with Thomsons over and above thoses you've mentioned.

Are there any major dos and donts when booking with Celebrity?

Thanks

Len

We are looking at Celebrity for 2013 especially with more UK sailings. What do you think are the pros and cons when compared with Thomsons over and above thoses you've mentioned.

Are there any major dos and donts when booking with Celebrity?

Thanks

Len

I have watched the thomson shows to death lol, not much change there but if you like shows they are good, however some of the shows on celebrity are good too.

pros for celebrity.

most have balconies and bigger cabins

topper matresses on beds ..lush

room service..free

food far superior.

cold iced towels when you arrive back ofter your port days.

pool towels available around pool and can use as many as you want.

ships are very luxurious.

fab bathrooms.

lots of lovely toiletries.

after you have cruised with them a a few times get loads of freebies, I.E free washing drying and folding some free dry cleaning, clothes pressed, free internet. and free drinks between 5-7pm every night and also invite to cocktail parties.

enough said hope you book and have a great experience.

hope you book and have a great experience.

very many thanks for your feedback. We've got alot to consider for 2013. Who is it best to book through? Internet, Celebrity or national travel agent? Presumably there are bargains early on & later.

Len

very many thanks for your feedback. We've got alot to consider for 2013. Who is it best to book through? Internet, Celebrity or national travel agent? Presumably there are bargains early on & later.

Len

If it is for europe, I book the flights early and wait until I am happy with the price for the cruise, i book through an american company, however your not allowed to give names on here, also through this company if the price falls and you inform them if you have not paid the balance they will give you the cheaper price, if you have paid you can normally get an upgrade x

• 2 weeks later...
YES it's true thomson charge 2.5% for using your credit card just got back from the spirit yesterday.They also dont do the BBQ on deck, no midnight buffet, no cushions on sunbeds and drinks "appear" weak also lots of supplements on drinks for all inclusive guests. and the prices are no longer reasonable... larger/beer £3.70 coke £1.70 per can, spirits £3.50 and cocktails over $4......... think my cruising with thomson is over,they have just chipped away to much now, only splinters left, there is only so much people will tolerate.:(:(:(

Just bumping this thread up as people seem unsure about credit card charges and tercar was kind enough to let us know the situation on the Spirit at the beginning of April. From what I can work out it appears the cc charge applies to the Spirit, and no doubt the Majesty, as both are owned by Louise Lines.

For our New Year on the Destiny our travel agent told us that she and her friends used a Nationwide debit card and there was no charge .

So rather than use my bank credit or debit card I went and opened an account for the sole purpose of our cruise.

All Nationwide statements I'm pleased to say have no charge.:)

I keep a little money in it just to keep it open until next time .

It's safe ,I have to inform the bank that I'm cruising so they don't block the card .We had a thread earlier in the year and others posted they had done the same with various banks as well .

Takes the guessing game out of the 2.5% charge as debits do not have a charge .

I would recommend a 2nd debit account ;)

Archived