Palm Beach flight after return to FLL?

akcruz

Finally taking the plunge and trying out Allure, but having some difficulty with decently priced flights OUT OF FLL on our return. We are flying in early so getting there is no issue.

Found a nice price on a 11:30 AM flight out of Palm Beach. Is this do-able at all? It looks like it is about an hour from the port? Don't want to be worrying the entire week if we are going to make it back home by cutting it close.

Our other option is 6:30 PM flight out of FLL. If we do this one, any suggestions on day rooms or other options for the day? RC has a Day in Hollywood with hop on hop off access that looks ok. Has anyone done this "excursion"?

Although I have never tried a flight out of Palm Beach, the hour plus drive north would make me concerned about a, 11:30 flight...I would want to get there at 10:00 or so...

First, how are you going to get there??

Taxi?? The cost would be very high for sure..

Car rental?? Then figure the time to get to the car rental agency (wherever it may be), picking up the car and the time involved in returning it then getting to to the airport...and the cost of picking it up in one location and returning it to another (such charges, if they apply, can be very high)

What day of the week is disembarkation? We recently drove north from Port Everglades on I95 in during the week and it was a total nightmare...took well over 1 1/2 hours to get close to Palm Beach. We had disembarked about 8:00AM.

Alot of things to consider besides the cost of the flights.

I know that early flights from FLL are cheaper as the demand is for the mid day and afternoon flights... weigh the cost of the tours, meals,travel, etc or whatever you decide to do to kill time until the 6:30 flight.. but I personally woudl take this approach over the Palm Bach....

Hoepfully someone with the Palm Beach experience can weigh in....

Good luck.

We flew into and out of PBI for our cruise last January. We rented a car at PBI to get to Ft Lauderdale, where we had an overnight before the cruise. Then to get back to PBI, I booked a limo with southfloridatransportation.com They ask you to call them as you are clearing immigration and co-ordinate with the driver where to pick you up (he asked me what I was wearing and he told me what the limo looked like, and I just waved at him as he approached), as they can't just sit outside the terminal waiting.

Now, we were on the Navigator, which got into port at 7am, and we were off the ship and through immigration just after 9. The Allure comes in a couple hours earlier, and I understand their debarkation runs a lot quicker. We were at the airport and sitting at our gate by 1030am, and there were no lines to speak of clearing security. And this was one of the busier Port Everglades days last that season. Our flight was at 130pm, so I wasn't too concerned about timing.

Given my experience though, I'm not sure I would look at an 1130am flight. Even with the Allure generally starting their debarkation around 6am or shortly thereafter, I don't know how sure you can be you can be gone very early. Sunday morning traffic shouldn't be much of an issue, but again, you just never know. And of course, while the Oasis and Allure have had pretty good records of on-time arrival, crap can happen. Of course, another factor to consider is how many other flight options does your airline have from PBI should you arrive to late for your booked flight.

We flew into and out of PBI for our cruise last January. We rented a car at PBI to get to Ft Lauderdale, where we had an overnight before the cruise. Then to get back to PBI, I booked a limo with southfloridatransportation.com They ask you to call them as you are clearing immigration and co-ordinate with the driver where to pick you up (he asked me what I was wearing and he told me what the limo looked like, and I just waved at him as he approached), as they can't just sit outside the terminal waiting.

Now, we were on the Navigator, which got into port at 7am, and we were off the ship and through immigration just after 9. The Allure comes in a couple hours earlier, and I understand their debarkation runs a lot quicker. We were at the airport and sitting at our gate by 1030am, and there were no lines to speak of clearing security. And this was one of the busier Port Everglades days last that season. Our flight was at 130pm, so I wasn't too concerned about timing.

Given my experience though, I'm not sure I would look at an 1130am flight. Even with the Allure generally starting their debarkation around 6am or shortly thereafter, I don't know how sure you can be you can be gone very early. Sunday morning traffic shouldn't be much of an issue, but again, you just never know. And of course, while the Oasis and Allure have had pretty good records of on-time arrival, crap can happen. Of course, another factor to consider is how many other flight options does your airline have from PBI should you arrive to late for your booked flight.

Recently took a 4:30pm flight from PBI after a Navigator cruise. We leisurely left the ship around 8:30 am but had to wait 1/2 hour for our Alamo shuttle. The lines for the taxis looked even longer. The van stopped at a bunch of terminals wasting even more time. The checkin at Alamo was quick given we had prepaid and were Insider members. We were on the road around 10:00. We had alot of time to kill so we visited firends in the area and then drove around Worth Ave in West Palm Beach. We ran out of stuff to do returning the car early. I wouldn't attempt a flight out of West Palm before 1pm.

Archived